"Unable to Connect to (insert phone name here)" message caused by FordPass running

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Have been getting this message often and it is VERY annoying because it stays there on the screen until I touch one of the two buttons. Usually, my phone reconnects automatically but this message still stays on the screen. At first I thought maybe the problem was coming from my wife's phone because this message started appearing after we paired her phone to the car. I deleted her phone, message still appears. Then I thought maybe the phone was having some problem with the wireless charger and/or bluetooth so I plugged it in and it seemed to remedy the issue but the issue persisted (just far less frequently).

Now I can duplicate the fault. If I log out or force close FordPass then I never get this message. If I turn on FordPass then the message will appear about every 3-5 minutes of driving.

So, I have to make sure FordPass is not running to avoid this message.

I feel like FordPass is letting this car down in a big way. Very poor choice on Ford's part to abandon something that already worked great (MyFordMobile) and replace it with something that was originally designed for an ICE vehicle. When Ford said this car was a "ground up EV platform".....they forgot about the mobile app. That should have been "ground up EV mobile app" as well.

:(:confused:

Ford Mustang Mach-E "Unable to Connect to (insert phone name here)" message caused by FordPass running 1615564869514
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Have been getting this message often and it is VERY annoying because it stays there on the screen until I touch one of the two buttons. Usually, my phone reconnects automatically but this message still stays on the screen. At first I thought maybe the problem was coming from my wife's phone because this message started appearing after we paired her phone to the car. I deleted her phone, message still appears. Then I thought maybe the phone was having some problem with the wireless charger and/or bluetooth so I plugged it in and it seemed to remedy the issue but the issue persisted (just far less frequently).
it's your car's way of telling you to upgrade your phone.

?
Sponsored