Unable to sign up for FordPass Charging Network? One fix

lotharik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, duh?
Country flag
I was unable to sign up for the FordPass Charging network, always getting this error:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Unable to sign up for FordPass Charging Network? One fix 1612378718899

I called the 800 number listed on the page but after 15 minutes on hold I gave up.
My solution is to go to your Wallet ( https://www.ford.com/profile/myprofilev2/wallet/ ) and add a new credit card. Make sure the credit card shows as a default card
Ford Mustang Mach-E Unable to sign up for FordPass Charging Network? One fix 1612378773927

Then try to sign up for the Charging Network again and you should be able to.

I'll try using the network (probably this weekend) and let everyone know how it went.

baldeagle47

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E first edition
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I posted this before, but it was at the end of a very long thread.
I overcame signing up for the Ford Pass charging network by switching browser from Google Chrome to Microsoft Edge. The former never worked (spent an hour on the phone with help) the latter worked the first time with no problems.

drwhipps

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
Country flag
Neither browser works for me. Been trying for two weeks. Cleared cache over and over. Got the NAV system option once and even that went away. Always says NO CONNECTED SERVICES.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
No issues here on safari.

There is some sort of embed on the terms accept page where your wallet is accessed. I noticed it and also had the ability to switch to another card.

Seems the embeds can cause issues with browsers or content blockers.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
I had brief issues using Chrome, but changed the credit card from what was already in the system from my deposit and it worked fine.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Here's the enrollment experience. I already had a card added to the Ford wallet.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Unable to sign up for FordPass Charging Network? One fix Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 17.06.10

Ford Mustang Mach-E Unable to sign up for FordPass Charging Network? One fix Connected2

Ford Mustang Mach-E Unable to sign up for FordPass Charging Network? One fix Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 17.06.58

Ford Mustang Mach-E Unable to sign up for FordPass Charging Network? One fix Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 17.07.13

TheStig

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GB Mach-E FE, 2023 Porsche GT4
Country flag
I am able to activate the FordPass charging network on the website, but I cannot turn on Plug & Charge in the iOS app. It just spins for 20 seconds and then fails.

0CO2

First Name
0CO2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE
Occupation
Academic
Country flag
Same here. I was ultimately able to activate the FordPass Charging Network on the website using Safari on my Mac (I also had previously tried Chrome and Firefox, but none worked and Ford was unable to resolve the issue - but I suspect they eventually did something on the backend and it suddenly worked after about a week of my attempts failing). However, like you, I have not been able to get Plug & Charge activation to work on the FordPass app on iOS. I've been trying for days, I've rebooted my phone, I turned location services to "Always" from "When Using the App", etc etc. Looks like a bug to me.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Unable to sign up for FordPass Charging Network? One fix IMG_7491.PNG

Ford Mustang Mach-E Unable to sign up for FordPass Charging Network? One fix IMG_7488.PNG

Ford Mustang Mach-E Unable to sign up for FordPass Charging Network? One fix IMG_7489.PNG

Ford Mustang Mach-E Unable to sign up for FordPass Charging Network? One fix IMG_7490.PNG

Would appreciate hearing from anyone who managed to get this to work. Thanks.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Just doesn't work at all for me. In Safari it just hangs. In Chrome it won't even let me sign in -- generates a server message.

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Same here. I was ultimately able to activate the FordPass Charging Network on the website using Safari on my Mac (I also had previously tried Chrome and Firefox, but none worked and Ford was unable to resolve the issue - but I suspect they eventually did something on the backend and it suddenly worked after about a week of my attempts failing). However, like you, I have not been able to get Plug & Charge activation to work on the FordPass app on iOS. I've been trying for days, I've rebooted my phone, I turned location services to "Always" from "When Using the App", etc etc. Looks like a bug to me.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Unable to sign up for FordPass Charging Network? One fix IMG_7490.PNG

Would appreciate hearing from anyone who managed to get this to work. Thanks.
Were you ever able to get Plug & Charge activated? I'm having a similar issue. I was able to sign up for the connected services without issue, but when I try and turn on Plug & Charge, the loading animation spins and then it goes back to the screen with it deactivated (although I never got that error message that you did).

0CO2

First Name
0CO2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE
Occupation
Academic
Country flag
Were you ever able to get Plug & Charge activated? I'm having a similar issue. I was able to sign up for the connected services without issue, but when I try and turn on Plug & Charge, the loading animation spins and then it goes back to the screen with it deactivated (although I never got that error message that you did).
yes, Plug & Charge started working after I contacted EA by phone and they did something at the backend.

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
yes, Plug & Charge started working after I contacted EA by phone and they did something at the backend.
I did the online chat with EA yesterday and they told me to talk to Ford. I chatted with Ford yesterday and they said to call. I called this morning and spent 30 minutes on the phone with them first figuring out the difference between activating the FordPass Charging Network (which I did and it works) and specifically Plug and Charge and then having them escalate it. Do you know specifically what the EA person you talked to did or what you told them? And did you ever contact Ford support about it?

@TheStig Were you ever able to get Plug & Charge to activate?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
@portlandg @Wonky_Donkey gents do you know how to disable that annoying 2 beep horn when you park?
Make sure you have turned the vehicle off with the start/stop button. It only seems to go off on mine when I forget. Damn thing is soooo quiet I forget sometimes.