methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I posted about this in the EA free charging thread, but figured I'd make a separate post since I haven't seen this mentioned.

I had issues charging at an EA station yesterday, which prompted me to attempt to turn Plug & Charge off via the FordPass app.

To my surprise I wasn't able to, the app acts as if I'm not the owner of the car/connected services account. It's been a while, but in the past I was able to turn P&C on/off via the app, but I haven't touched it in many months.

Here's what I see in the app:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Unable to toggle Plug & Charge On or Off IMG_1541.PNG

Ford.com/connectedservices offers nothing in regards to turning P&C on or off. I know reaching out to Ford is going to be a PITA, so hopefully one of you has experienced this and can offer a quick resolution? I did ask my partner to look at their phone since I gave them access to the car as well, but they see the same message as me.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Try logging out, then back in.

OP
OP
methorian

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
I had another issue - with PAAK. Deleting the FordPass app and reinstalling it solved the problem.

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
Try turning it off in the car while its running. Maybe an OTA update is in progress and it's disabling features?

OP
OP
methorian

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Try turning it off in the car while its running. Maybe an OTA update is in progress and it's disabling features?
No OTA's in progress. I got 2.1.0 a bit over a week ago.

App still shows the same verbage on Blue Oval Charging screen, indicating I'm not the owner of the ConnectedServices account, so I can't make changes. I've logged out and back in a few times.

I guess I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling at some point, but I doubt that'll do anything. All of these options are server-side. Not doing that now as I'm at work and without my keyfob, so can't risk PaaK screwing up.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Ford.com/connectedservices offers nothing in regards to turning P&C on or off. I know reaching out to Ford is going to be a PITA, so hopefully one of you has experienced this and can offer a quick resolution? I did ask my partner to look at their phone since I gave them access to the car as well, but they see the same message as me.
Would calling your credit card company and telling them that you lost the card work?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Open EA app and initiate charging session, then plug in.

OP
OP
methorian

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I have the same issue. Did you figure it out?
Nope. Ford Customer Service person didn't understand the issue, and was supposedly sending it to "IT" and I'd hear back within a day. That was last week...

I am part of Early Access, and haven't been able to log into the EA website for a while. I had an open ticket with EA about that, but also never heard back after they asked for some details. I e-mailed them again and mentioned my P&C issues, just in case it was all somehow related on the back end of my account.

Would calling your credit card company and telling them that you lost the card work?
This doesn't really have anything to do with the credit card on file, or with actual Plug & Charging. It's the simple fact that you are supposed to be able to turn the feature on or off at your leisure. I am unable to do that.

Open EA app and initiate charging session, then plug in.
Isn't about being able to charge - I can do that no problem. It's about turning Plug and Charge on/off as you should be able to, but something on Ford's backend is preventing me from doing that.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Unfortunately, the lack of support, including opening tickets that are never responded to, is a Ford hallmark.

OP
OP
methorian

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Unfortunately, the lack of support, including opening tickets that are never responded to, is a Ford hallmark.
Yea, certainly seems to be the case.

Now that I think about it, I shouldn't have dismissed your swiping the EA station to start, for that instance at least. Since I just wanted the free charging, I guess it would have been free even activating the station with the app. Not really even sure if P&C being active was the issue, but it would have been worth trying.

OP
OP
methorian

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Just wanted to update this thread...

Still no word from Ford Customer Support, and I'm still unable to make changes to Plug & Charge via the FordPass app. It still indicates that I'm not the owner of the Connected Services account.

I've sent another message to @Ford Motor Company requesting an update, but I still don't have much faith that it'll get resolved in any timely fashion.

OP
OP
methorian

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Another follow up.

I had much better success contacting the Early Access team for assistance, they've been MUCH more helpful and responsive.

They confirmed today that they found the bug and will be working on a fix to go out in the next few weeks.
Sponsored