Unbridled mode gives more range. 369 miles at 100%

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
It is certainly possible that you would get more range in Unbridled vs Whisper due to the 1-pedal driving and extra regen. If you are doing city driving, this could add up to quite a lot of recovered energy, but for highway driving it probably won't make a difference.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
As everyone else has said, The drive modes don't change the cars efficiency. It changes how the accelerator is mapped. Some people may get better efficiency with unbridled because of the extra regen, others may see better efficiency with whisper due to being able to accelerate with less power easier. It is fully dependent on the driver and how they drive in relation to the mapping of the accelerator.

OP
OP

DancingMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E california, Premium
As everyone else has said, The drive modes don't change the cars efficiency. It changes how the accelerator is mapped. Some people may get better efficiency with unbridled because of the extra regen, others may see better efficiency with whisper due to being able to accelerate with less power easier. It is fully dependent on the driver and how they drive in relation to the mapping of the accelerator.

So you're basically telling me it is just my wonderful driving that's getting me all this mileage! I love it either way.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
So you're basically telling me it is just my wonderful driving that's getting me all this mileage! I love it either way.
If you look back through your trip logs, on phone or in car, it shows amount of range recouped through regen, I bet you would see a big difference with the use of the 1 pedal mode

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
A little of your driving and the weather changing. This is your first summer with the Mach E. Last year when we started entering this time of year with my Mach E I saw the mileage start climbing fast on my car with zero other changes.
Remember the GOM pulls from your driving history and weather. We are entering summer months so it gets a lot better. By the end of the month I expect my cars range to cross 270 at 90% again again soon at 100% pushing my car over 300 miles. My cars rated range is 270 miles. At one point last year I broke 300 miles on my GOM at 90%

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My driving must be more wonderful than your driving. ;)
Ford Mustang Mach-E Unbridled mode gives more range. 369 miles at 100% gom407

Ixoye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB FE Mach e, ‘16 fusion energi, ‘14 Focus EV
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Unbridled mode gives more range. 369 miles at 100% gom407
UGH, at 90% charge every morning I am less than 200mi. Never seen more than 240 with my FE

OP
OP

DancingMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A little of your driving and the weather changing. This is your first summer with the Mach E. Last year when we started entering this time of year with my Mach E I saw the mileage start climbing fast on my car with zero other changes.
Remember the GOM pulls from your driving history and weather. We are entering summer months so it gets a lot better. By the end of the month I expect my cars range to cross 270 at 90% again again soon at 100% pushing my car over 300 miles. My cars rated range is 270 miles. At one point last year I broke 300 miles on my GOM at 90%
I hear ya. But
I am Houston the weather has been the same for the last few months and I park in the garage. I hope the range does get better though cuz then I will hit 400miles at 100% 😆

Last edited:
OP
OP

DancingMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
gom407.jpg

Ouch. Anytime I try to brag someone always tops me. 🤣

407 miles!!!! Ooh now you've caught my attention!
I was just joking that I will hit 400 miles if we are saying it's because of the weather 😆

What mode do you drive in?

Last edited:

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Your average speed is only 24 MPH, so I think that is mostly the reason for the high numbers. You must drive really slow.
Just to be clear the time shown in the Trip report can include idle time while the car is on but not moving. Charging? Listening to NPR in the driveway? Sitting at soccer practice?

So it should not be used to determine average speed.

Last edited:

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
No they don't. I can get to 60 faster in Unbridled without smashing the pedal as opposed to whisper the pedal will be on the floor. Unbridled accelerates faster. Which is the whole point of having different modes because they drive, accelerate and brake differently.
Do you have a Premium AWD EX?
Are you in Phoenix? If so, let take the cars over to the dragstrip. You in Unbridled and I will use Whisper. If you trap out a full car length ahead of me then I will give you $1000.
If we tie or I win then you give me $100.

Those are great odds....

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Yes. You are a more efficient driver using Unbridled mode, but the car is not more efficient in Unbridled mode. The car's efficiency does not change based on mode. I guess your driving style fits really well with how Unbridled works.

OP
OP

DancingMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just to be clear the time shown in the Trip report can include idle time while the car is on but not moving. Charging? Listening to NPR in the driveway? Sitting at soccer practice?

So it should not be used to determine average speed.
Exactly! Thank you. my husband and I listen to npr in the driveway, I leave the car on while waiting on my kids after school so the minutes add up. I only posted to show my average miles/kwh since that is the way people say is most accurate which will still give me 360 miles at full change.
Sponsored