luisroffers

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Acura ILX
Country flag
Forgive my ignorance, but I've been buying/leasing cars every two years it seems and I am completely confused as to what to expect with the MME with Ford Option. A big part of my confusion is that I'm not sure how the Federal Incentive plays into the payments in this "lease-like" program. Anyone have an idea where one could estimate total outlay? I'm trying to determine whether it makes sense to shift over to this from my my current ICE car. Has anyone confirmed that the 7500 can be applied in the Ford Option plan? If so, would it be safe to just apply it in the 'down payment' field in the calculator to get an idea of what the final savings might be? Last question -- the site says that California has a $5000 incentive? I wasn't aware of that.
Sponsored

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Forgive my ignorance, but I've been buying/leasing cars every two years it seems and I am completely confused as to what to expect with the MME with Ford Option. A big part of my confusion is that I'm not sure how the Federal Incentive plays into the payments in this "lease-like" program. Anyone have an idea where one could estimate total outlay? I'm trying to determine whether it makes sense to shift over to this from my my current ICE car. Has anyone confirmed that the 7500 can be applied in the Ford Option plan? If so, would it be safe to just apply it in the 'down payment' field in the calculator to get an idea of what the final savings might be? Last question -- the site says that California has a $5000 incentive? I wasn't aware of that.
The Ford lease option is completely separate from the $7500 IRS tax credit. You get the $7500 tax credit direct from Uncle Sam assuming you actually have $7500 or more in total tax liability. If you have only $5000 in total tax liability you only get $5000 in tax credit.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Ford Options is a retail balloon note contract. Because the title will be in your name you will have to claim the federal tax credits outside of the financing contract.

You cannot use the federal tax credits against your financing at the time of delivery.

See if these help. Let me know if you have any questions.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/lease-program-details-for-mach-e-leasing.130/post-2302

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ndard-lease-similarities-and-differences.883/

OP
OP

luisroffers

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Acura ILX
Country flag
Ford Options is a retail balloon note contract. Because the title will be in your name you will have to claim the federal tax credits outside of the financing contract.

You cannot use the federal tax credits against your financing at the time of delivery.

See if these help. Let me know if you have any questions.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/lease-program-details-for-mach-e-leasing.130/post-2302

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ndard-lease-similarities-and-differences.883/
Thanks! I think what confused me was comments in articles earlier in the year alluding to some sort of program where the incentive would be applied to the lease itself; but this makes sense. Thanks again!
Sponsored