Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Wait. So you are saying ... there's too much junk in the frunk?
Too much junk under the frunk. Somehow that sounds not as good but still interesting....
:)

OP
OP
NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
Just you wait, its only a matter of time.

What else is everyone going to do while they wait for their cars???
Jamie, You kind of hit the nail on the head in that I have too much time on my hands waiting for a Jan 24 build and likely end of February delivery.

I really appreciate everyone's comments that have calmed my concerns. My suggestion that radiator might need service every 3 years was more of a question so I really appreciate those who took the time to look up the service schedule to confirm it is 200,000 mile service item.

I do think Ford should have made an access panel over the 12V battery, and I also wonder about the vents between the ice chest and all those under hood systems. Will off gassing from hot components impact the flavor of my chicken wings?

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I do think Ford should have made an access panel over the 12V battery, and I also wonder about the vents between the ice chest and all those under hood systems. Will off gassing from hot components impact the flavor of my chicken wings?
It will just keep them warm.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
it's the Mach-E-DLT (*) - keeps the hot food hot and the cool food cold. that's what the frunk divider is for!

(*) 50% sure I've referenced this joke already at least one somewhere on here but I'm too lazy to confirm

OP
OP
NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
I think the Frunk Dividers are good size for separating individual grocery bags. I may replace the snap fasteners with threaded inserts and thumb knob bolts so I cam take them in and out easily if they are not already set up for easy removal and replacement.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
This is one of the best threads! There are others which are trivial and silly whereas this one provides a high standard of valuable information. Cheers.
Thanks for keeping us on our toes, @SteveUk. The thread was a little too serious until you thought it wise to point it out. ;)

Wait. So you are saying ... there's too much junk in the frunk?
By my own count, only 13 out of 25 posts are off topic. Not bad, not bad at all! ?

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
My old hybrid Escape was probably the easiest car I ever worked on, but I did have to replace the battery coolant pump as many of the initial ones (Bosch if I remember correctly) were found to be defective. It was a simple replacement, and was easy to get to, in fact initially it just appeared frozen so I took it apart, cleaned and reassembled, lasted another 6 months until they got the service bulletin/warranty extension setup.

I don't expect to ever need to replace the pumps of this car, but actually feel a little more confident that their experience with previous hybrids have informed this setup.

Last edited:

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I think the Frunk Dividers are good size for separating individual grocery bags. I may replace the snap fasteners with threaded inserts and thumb knob bolts so I cam take them in and out easily if they are not already set up for easy removal and replacement.
We need an early delivery recipient on this forum to test paper and plastic grocery bags (reusable vary) in those slots. I seem to recall one of the forum members (@ChasingCoral?) brought some reusable bags to one of the tour stops snd they wouldn’t fit. For local trips for me they’d be fine if the bags fit.

Personally, I plan on removing them with a pin puller and keeping them for future occasional use. The undivided Frunk will be perfect for me for a couple bags of ice and some perishables/refrigerated items (etc) on the occasional trips to the larger grocery stores or Costco (both about 25 miles away).

Last edited:

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
We need an early delivery recipient on this forum to test paper and plastic grocery bags (reusable vary) in those slots. I seem to recall one of the forum members (@ChasingCoral?) brought some reusable bags to one of the tour stops snd they wouldn’t fit. For local trips for me they’d be fine if the bags fit.

Personally, I plan on removing them with a pin puller and keeping them for future occasional use. The undivided Frunk will be perfect for me for a couple bags of ice and some perishables/refrigerated items (etc) on the occasional trips to the larger grocery stores or Costco (both about 25 miles away).
But you get to read all those devotions of love in the rock formations along the way.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Thanks for keeping us on our toes, @SteveUk. The thread was a little too serious until you thought it wise to point it out. ;)

By my own count, only 13 out of 25 posts are off topic. Not bad, not bad at all! ?
Yes it's not impressive but fortunately some appear to have been deleted.

Last edited:

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
they are all on topic!

it's just a question of which topic!

also let me just be direct on the original subject of the thread: don't worry about it. Really. Ford knows how to make a car - they are a car company, not a software company that happens to make some hardware for running the car. And honestly if something is done wrong or designed wrong under there, you won't be able to do anything about it, and you won't be alone.

we know the servicing schedule, and we know that EV certified dealers will be trained to deal with it. so really, don't worry about it.
Sponsored