Unexpected Discount showed up in MME order

Socalsp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, Mach E
Country flag
ordered premium rwd on 2/11 and just noticed a 325 discount. anyone know what its for?

Dealer Selling Price
E20
Ford Mustang Mach-E Unexpected Discount showed up in MME order {filename}

• Base MSRP
    E11
    $49,100.00
  • Total Options
    E124
    -$325.00
  • Destination and Delivery Charges
    E22
    $1,100.00
  • Total MSRP
    E122
    $49,875.00
Sponsored

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
I tried park assist on my 2021 Premium AWD. I am not bad at parking and thought it is really easier to just do it myself.

Last edited:

H.Bergeron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e, Lightning
Country flag
There ought to be a $3,000 credit for the removal of the kick-to-open lift gate (my favorite feature on Fords). And of course Ford said they were saving $1k per vehicle by removing ventilated seats, so they ought to credit that as well.

😉

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
There ought to be a $3,000 credit for the removal of the kick-to-open lift gate (my favorite feature on Fords). And of course Ford said they were saving $1k per vehicle by removing ventilated seats, so they ought to credit that as well.

😉
But the MSRP never included ventilated seats. How do you remove something that never existed? Maybe they should credit us for “removing” the built-in coffee maker too?

PEP of FL

First Name
PEP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Country flag

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
I read that as Ford data showed few Customers used or wanted this option, thus just did not include it as opposed to it was included and they removed it. Thus Ford saved $1,000 to themselves to not include it, yet passed no savings on to Customers. At least that is the read on the article from me you linked.
That's one of the things I missed from my last vehicle!

Have bamboo 'mats' but thinking about ventilated aftermarket seat blowers...

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
"Ford, for instance, realized most people enjoyed the heated seats in the Mustang Mach-E, but very few use the ventilated seats. As you’d imagine, off went the ventilated seats, while the heated seats were offered as standard on more trims, which allowed Ford to actually save money through economy of scale. "

Let me get this straight. Ford spied on us in our MME's and discovered that very few of us used the ventilated seats? Maybe that's because none of our cars ever had them? The author of that article should have done a little more research. The $1000 savings that Jim Farley is referencing is by offering heated seats on more trim levels to get better pricing from suppliers as well as " other cost-cutting measures". They never removed ventilated seats because they were never there to begin with.

PEP of FL

First Name
PEP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Country flag
"Ford, for instance, realized most people enjoyed the heated seats in the Mustang Mach-E, but very few use the ventilated seats. As you’d imagine, off went the ventilated seats, while the heated seats were offered as standard on more trims, which allowed Ford to actually save money through economy of scale. "

Let me get this straight. Ford spied on us in our MME's and discovered that very few of us used the ventilated seats? Maybe that's because none of our cars ever had them? The author of that article should have done a little more research. The $1000 savings that Jim Farley is referencing is by offering heated seats on more trim levels to get better pricing from suppliers as well as " other cost-cutting measures". They never removed ventilated seats because they were never there to begin with.
Here is a Ford Authority article on ventilated seats:

https://fordauthority.com/2022/07/h...r, despite all of this,some choices,” he said.

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
You know what August In Arizona says to FOMOCO only providing heated seats?

“Yo. Jackass wassup!”

Jes sayin. Every new vehicle in Arizona over $30,000 has ventilated seats. Bad move
Sponsored