Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-Ex
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I have a steep drive and have to turn off Reverse Brake Assist to get out of my drive.
Sometimes the screen is slow to draw the buttons for Auto Hold and Traction control but does draw the Additional Settings button. At this point activation of the Additional settings button turns off the Traction Control but the Traction Control first shows as activated.
I have reported this to Ford but they seem to be insisting my Dealer can fix it, so it goes in tomorrow. I have told the dealer I don't expect a fix.

Screenshot 2021-10-28 at 17.29.16.png
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I have a steep drive and have to turn off Reverse Brake Assist to get out of my drive.
Sometimes the screen is slow to draw the buttons for Auto Hold and Traction control but does draw the Additional Settings button. At this point activation of the Additional settings button turns off the Traction Control but the Traction Control first shows as activated.
I have reported this to Ford but they seem to be insisting my Dealer can fix it, so it goes in tomorrow. I have told the dealer I don't expect a fix.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Unintended deactivation of Traction Control Screenshot 2021-10-28 at 17.29.16
I wouldn't bother with a dealer trip at the moment for this if I were you. There are some performance improvements with 1.7.1 which the dealer can put on, but I'm not sure they will be enough to help you here.

OP
OP

Rex

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-Ex
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I wouldn't bother with a dealer trip at the moment for this if I were you. There are some performance improvements with 1.7.1 which the dealer can put on, but I'm not sure they will be enough to help you here.
I don't need help as I know it can happen and now avoid it. It seems impossible to report concerns like this to the Ford "system" in such a way that they take notice.
I was told to take it to a dealer I did and they saw the video and couldn't do anything as expected. I asked Ford esales to report it to the software team and they said they had no method of doing that.
Sponsored