Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GTPE; 2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Remember the mineral in the film Avatar: Unobtainum was extremely rare and valuable, just like our MMEs!

After contacting more than 20 Ford dealers in California, I found only three that would sell me an MME at MSRP. One of those, The Ford Store at Morgan Hill, is the largest dealer in the Bay Area.

I contacted sales manager Louie Sparks, who was terrific. He took my deposit on one of their inbound MME Selects and put me on the waiting list for a higher trim level. I told him that I was really after the larger battery pack. He wasn't willing to promise anything, but he did say that abandoned special orders are relatively common, especially for the higher (and more expensive) trim levels. And unlike most other dealers, The Ford Store doesn't mark up abandoned special orders by thousands of dollars. I wrote to the dealership's owner and GM, thanking them for that and complimenting Louie on his responsiveness and superior customer service.

Yesterday I was in a lunch meeting and received a text from Louie: "Your car is available," he said. "It's just what you're looking for. But I can't hold it for you. We sell these cars on a first-come, first-served basis." Now I've never raced to a dealership before, but I fired up the Tesla Model 3 and set out for Morgan Hill, about an hour away. I tried not to drive at excessive speed, figuring that fate would decide whether or not I made it to the dealership ahead of competing buyers.

Louie explained that The Ford Store has four rotating sales teams--sort of like the Blue and Gold crews on nuclear submarines--and they each have a shot at selling abandoned orders. He told me that he was keeping my interest quiet so as not to alert the other teams that I was on my way.

As luck would have it, I made it to the dealership before any of the other buyers on the waiting list. A beautiful new 2022 MME Premium in Dark Matter Gray was mine! The purchase process at The Ford Store couldn't have been more streamlined. They applied the Ford Options rebate ($2,500) and California state rebate ($750) without my having to ask. Arranging Ford Options financing was smooth and painless.

That would have been good enough, but I was amazed when they handed me a set of California HOV stickers. I had previously applied to the DMV for a set for the Tesla, and it took weeks for them to arrive. Knowing that, The Ford Store applies for them as soon as they get a VIN number from the factory, so the stickers are waiting for the buyer by the time the vehicle arrives.

I can't say enough about the superior customer service I experienced at The Ford Store. Without hesitation, I'd recommend that anyone looking for a MME in California give Louie Sparks a call (831-588-0708). He will do his best to meet your needs. But when that call comes, be prepared to jump in your car or plane and race to Morgan Hill!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Unobtanium: MME Premium at MSRP! 2022 Mustang Mach-E
Sponsored

Avelli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E91 6MT RWD, 22 MME GT
Country flag
Congratulations! Intriguing they took care of the HOV stickers too.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Congrats!
I am impressed with this dealership!

Quite unusual for this time with almost all dealers gouging customers.

I wonder how they would handle a So Cal customer who can't just drive an hour to them ?

The HOV stickers are the reason I would prefer to have them ready by the dealership.

My last vehicle I had to send in a $22 check to DMV and wait 6 weeks for mine.

peoples1234

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE GB
Country flag
So awesome, let’s keep highlighting the good dealers out there and calling out the bad!
Enjoy your new MME!

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘18 Pacifica PHEV, ‘22 RR Premium 4X
Country flag
So nice to hear a happy ending story. Yes, there are good dealerships out there.

strangeengine

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE (sold after 2mo - suspension sucks!)
Country flag
That's an awesome story that I am thrilled to hear since my GTPE order is also at this dealership.

I am curious how they pull off the HOV stickers, though, as you need a license plate # assigned to apply for them - a VIN is not sufficient. I know they are not the only dealership doing this, though, so I'm not gonna ask too many questions. ?

WNKent

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 4X
Occupation
Airline
Country flag
Remember the mineral in the film Avatar: Unobtainum was extremely rare and valuable, just like our MMEs!

After contacting more than 20 Ford dealers in California, I found only three that would sell me an MME at MSRP. One of those, The Ford Store at Morgan Hill, is the largest dealer in the Bay Area.

I contacted sales manager Louie Sparks, who was terrific. He took my deposit on one of their inbound MME Selects and put me on the waiting list for a higher trim level. I told him that I was really after the larger battery pack. He wasn't willing to promise anything, but he did say that abandoned special orders are relatively common, especially for the higher (and more expensive) trim levels. And unlike most other dealers, The Ford Store doesn't mark up abandoned special orders by thousands of dollars. I wrote to the dealership's owner and GM, thanking them for that and complimenting Louie on his responsiveness and superior customer service.

Yesterday I was in a lunch meeting and received a text from Louie: "Your car is available," he said. "It's just what you're looking for. But I can't hold it for you. We sell these cars on a first-come, first-served basis." Now I've never raced to a dealership before, but I fired up the Tesla Model 3 and set out for Morgan Hill, about an hour away. I tried not to drive at excessive speed, figuring that fate would decide whether or not I made it to the dealership ahead of competing buyers.

Louie explained that The Ford Store has four rotating sales teams--sort of like the Blue and Gold crews on nuclear submarines--and they each have a shot at selling abandoned orders. He told me that he was keeping my interest quiet so as not to alert the other teams that I was on my way.

As luck would have it, I made it to the dealership before any of the other buyers on the waiting list. A beautiful new 2022 MME Premium in Dark Matter Gray was mine! The purchase process at The Ford Store couldn't have been more streamlined. They applied the Ford Options rebate ($2,500) and California state rebate ($750) without my having to ask. Arranging Ford Options financing was smooth and painless.

That would have been good enough, but I was amazed when they handed me a set of California HOV stickers. I had previously applied to the DMV for a set for the Tesla, and it took weeks for them to arrive. Knowing that, The Ford Store applies for them as soon as they get a VIN number from the factory, so the stickers are waiting for the buyer by the time the vehicle arrives.

I can't say enough about the superior customer service I experienced at The Ford Store. Without hesitation, I'd recommend that anyone looking for a MME in California give Louie Sparks a call (831-588-0708). He will do his best to meet your needs. But when that call comes, be prepared to jump in your car or plane and race to Morgan Hill!

The 831 phone number you posted, is that Louie's cell number or direct line?

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag

Good4U. She's a beauty and a nice grab. I have no problem waiting for mine since I'm remodeling my garage with a lift and multiple charging outlets and that has been extended 60 days waiting for the perfect parts but it's great to see someone snag one out of the air like that and get treated well. I hope my dealer experience goes as well ...thanks for sharing yours

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Has anyone had dealings with their service department, especially the glass recall? I am thinking about using them in the future (for recall work etc) after a less than stellar experience with a San Jose dealer this week.

Maybe I should just skip the recall and trade up for a GT from them... yeah, shame I wouldn't do that. ?

OP
OP
ridgebackpilot

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GTPE; 2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘18 Pacifica PHEV, ‘22 RR Premium 4X
Country flag
I picked up my CR1 from Stivers Ford in Waukee, IA on Earth Day. They honored the price protection and I was very happy with them.

Cjpayne

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Ford Mach E GT. 69 Mustang Convertible, 15 MKX
Occupation
General Manager in manufacturing
Country flag
Congrats and kudos to the dealership!

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium ER Mach E, '21 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Just saw this thread bumped and checked it out. My search radius included Morgan Hill (<200 miles from Sacramento) and also checked their dealer site a few times, but no Mach E ever showed up. I do know they are the #1 volume in NoCal, with #2 being Future Ford here in Sac. Galpin in SoCal is largest in the state. I used Future and Folsom Lake Ford to get on their call/cancel list to get ours from a canceled order.

BUT - No dealer here or bay area (again, didn't check Morgan Hill due to never showing any inventory) or Nevada would do <$10k ADM on a Premium ER. I see this was dated Apr2. I wonder if they are still doing MSRP now that order banks have been closed?

The way you describe is similar to the first-come-first-serve free for all we saw here. Once a car is confirmed canceled, the inventory manager sends a group text to all sales so they can start calling their list. Our guy knew we wanted Premium ER RWD and that we were only 5m away and asked me to come in and told the list to wait. We ended up taking it but they showed the text exchange and 2 other sales said let them know immediately if we don't want it. That's why they don't need to drop from $10k ADM currently. (I was only able to drop the ADM by $1100 plus sweeten my trade, but COULD NOT get MSRP).

Congrats!! I'm very happy with my purchase even with the ADM, but for others in NoCal they need to use the same call list method and try Morgan Hill (it is just south of San Jose for those not aware)! Report back if you are STILL able to get down to MSRP here in July, that is an amazing steal at this point.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium ER Mach E, '21 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
What is the Ford Options Credit of $2,500?
That may have been April amount. Last week when I used it, it was $2k for Ford Options, or $500 for traditional financing. It's the instant rebate (incentive).
Sponsored