Unusual to not have a production date assigned yet?

1969Camaro

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium, 2018 Prius Prime, 1969 Camaro
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Thanks. I purposely went with a larger, Phoenix area dealer for my order, but I am questioning the wisdom of that decision at the moment.
What dealer did you use? I ordered from Sanderson on 8/18/21. I got nothing
Sponsored

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
Yes, indeed. So far I have noted that the priority order is:
  1. Non-US orders
  2. GT & GT PE
  3. ZEV states
Certainly did not expect to be first in line, because there are other priorities, but over three months with ne feedback at all? It would be nice if a customer could look up where they are in the queue - how many ahead? At least at the DMV, they tell you that...
The magic of weighted "random" selection. Lets say my dealer is selected in the random lottery on Thursdays, and my GT-PE is allocated, but the Magna-ride parts are not available, my order will be skipped, and the next vehicle from the dealer is a Premium, and all parts are available. It will get schedule instead of mine. Then they move on to the next randomly selected dealer, and round we go.

I now have to wait for another Thursday, and this time, I might be randomly lower in the list, and 10 GT-PE's get scheduled, but when mine is being looked at, I have allocation, but now there is something else that prohibits it from being build, something bigger than chips, it's skipped again.

What also compounds this scheduling process is regions like the UK, or states that have EV mandates like California. These are weighted more heavily because Ford would be penalized for not selling/delivery of an EV.

Someone on the Forum, order the exact same car, same day, from a different dealer 10 miles away, and got a schedule build date in January. :( - Allocation? Luck of the Draw?

I've tried to figure this out but have given up - trying to understand the ordering black box.

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium AWD SR space white
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
It would be nice if a customer could look up where they are in the queue - how many ahead? At least at the DMV, they tell you that...
I wish this too. I just want the reassuring feeling of seeing my name on a list and knowing that I haven’t waited 10 weeks to find out something got screwed up and my order got “misplaced”.

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
I wish this too. I just want the reassuring feeling of seeing my name on a list and knowing that I haven’t waited 10 weeks to find out something got screwed up and my order got “misplaced”.
@Cobra427, @FLmac Thats the crazy part of all this, it's a new list every Thursday. You would go even more crazy by seeing you made the top 300 one week and then see your at the bottom of the list the next week. Each week a weighted random list created. There is no que, the orders are not in first come first out. :( The dealer has a que for what they have on order, that part is not random.

JediGamerCT

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Flex
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
The magic of weighted "random" selection. Lets say my dealer is selected in the random lottery on Thursdays, and my GT-PE is allocated, but the Magna-ride parts are not available, my order will be skipped, and the next vehicle from the dealer is a Premium, and all parts are available. It will get schedule instead of mine. Then they move on to the next randomly selected dealer, and round we go.

I now have to wait for another Thursday, and this time, I might be randomly lower in the list, and 10 GT-PE's get scheduled, but when mine is being looked at, I have allocation, but now there is something else that prohibits it from being build, something bigger than chips, it's skipped again.

What also compounds this scheduling process is regions like the UK, or states that have EV mandates like California. These are weighted more heavily because Ford would be penalized for not selling/delivery of an EV.

Someone on the Forum, order the exact same car, same day, from a different dealer 10 miles away, and got a schedule build date in January. :( - Allocation? Luck of the Draw?

I've tried to figure this out but have given up - trying to understand the ordering black box.
Crazy but it seems this must be how it is determined.

JediGamerCT

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Flex
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
800-334-4375 You need the order code and sales code for them to look it up. The sales order number does not help them. Yuor dealer can provide these 2 pieces of information.
Thanks for the info, I got the information I needed from my dealer but the customer service rep at Ford had no information for me. So here I will continue to sit and be grumpy.

AaronTV

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD, 2022 Mach 1, 2022 GTI
Country flag
7/13 order date for me, extended range premium. Dealer has it set to their highest priority, but it's not scheduled yet.

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag
I ordered my Premium Extended Range AWD on 10/30. Dealer text me my VIN and build date of 1/31 about 4 or 5 weeks after I ordered.
I ordered the same on 10/18. So far nothing. I call FORD once a week. Processing is what they say. Last weeks call, I didnt even hear that word. Lol. It gets very frustrating.
Sponsored