NoVAguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Nothing against the Mach-E, I do love it and have had nothing but good experiences with it. But this is the vehicle that will have be saying goodbye to my Mach-E! So long as the price isn't outrageous, I will be eagerly waiting to place a reservation/order for the Recon.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Nothing against the Mach-E, I do love it and have had nothing but good experiences with it. But this is the vehicle that will have be saying goodbye to my Mach-E! So long as the price isn't outrageous, I will be eagerly waiting to place a reservation/order for the Recon.
Right now I equate this statement to judging a book by it's cover without knowing the content.

Rear cover of the book

“We’ll delight our customers with a premium, highly efficient SUV that is loaded with technology and high quality craftmanship, offering 4x4 capability, high performance, rapid acceleration and a target range of 400 miles on a single charge,”

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Considering that the current 4xe is a Plug in hybrid, what makes us think this is a true BEV? The grill?

Shelbeast

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT Delivered 9/9/22, GT500
Occupation
Sausage Maker
Country flag
A separate very long and boring goodbye forever post would have sufficed.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
Huh. I really want a BEV with decent towing capacity and range, but even if this were the first thing available that meets my needs (it won't meet my needs), I think I can wait another year.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Over/under on how long until Jeep mails letters to owners telling them to park at least 50 feet from structures? Just kidding, I'm sure those Fiat / Chrysler / Citreon / Peugot / Alfa Romeo engineers have everything figured out. 😂

roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Not terrible but several things that I'm not a fan of. We owned a 2013 Jeep Wrangler and it was capable and dependable.
This SUV is NOT a Wrangler replacement!
Also, Jeep is GREAT at prototypes as they have been building them for Easter Jeep Safari for years and they always look different or NEVER come out at all.
It will sell but in what numbers who knows?

Neilthepilot

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"22 MME Premium, Ram 1500, Wrangler, FR3
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
I'd like to see this or another Jeep BEV be flat towable and under 5000 lbs with 300+ mile range (in the winter).

moparguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Miata, Mach E Select, Fusion
Country flag
they look nice but I have a feeling this one in the pics will probably cost $70k+ or at lest $65k+

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
hmmm crystal ball says....

Cost - $70K at launch as typically spec'd, unobtainium model promised for under $50K
Range claim - 300 miles, real world is only 220 because it won the cinder block look alike contest
Towing range - same as every other EV trucklike vehicle
Sales - They will sell a crap ton of these, people like cinder block shaped SUVs.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
“4x4 capable.” Probably not capable like my K/5. I don’t even need that level of performance any more, but I like that I can sleep in the back with the dog, guns, and other stuff. I need a bigger MME to manage that. Until then, eh. I wait. 🤪🐩

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
“4x4 capable.” Probably not capable like my K/5. I don’t even need that level of performance any more, but I like that I can sleep in the back with the dog, guns, and other stuff. I need a bigger MME to manage that. Until then, eh. I wait. 🤪🐩
BTW - that Blazer is awesome! Any chance you have a pic lying around?

Talk about thread hijacking... :cool:
Sponsored