nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
The fact that you only get the full stated HP on a GT or GTPE for 5 second should have been in bold print on the order page. Why does the GT and GTPE have the same 0 to 60 mph times. Some how I doubt this will be talked about.
They don't have same 0-60 time, they are 3.8 and 3.5 respectively.
Sponsored

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
first question has to be about the GTPE 5second limit. they better be prepared for that one
Safety, do you really expect them to say anything else? :rolleyes:

Xlch59

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 mach 2004 Cobra 2007 GT500
Country flag
They don't have same 0-60 time, they are 3.8 and 3.5 respectively.
Posted time slips show otherwise. The fastest I have seen is 3.6 for both the GT and GTPE

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Posted time slips show otherwise. The fastest I have seen is 3.6 for both the GT and GTPE
I’m quoting the Ford sight specifications. And also, why in the world do you expect them to be much different in times anyway? They both have the exact same horsepower rating and the GT has 600 lb. ft. of torque while the GTPE has 634, not exactly a big difference there.

Xlch59

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 mach 2004 Cobra 2007 GT500
Country flag
I’m quoting the Ford sight specifications. And also, why in the world do you expect them to be much different in times anyway? They both have the exact same horsepower rating and the GT has 600 lb. ft. of torque while the GTPE has 634, not exactly a big difference there.
It what was advertised as you posted before. For $5000 you get 0.3 sec faster car. No reviews of the performance edition has gotten 3.5 sec 0 to 60 out of the car. The Performance edition was supposed to be comparable to a Tesla YP it's not. I love the car and have posted nice reviews on it. The fact is it's not what was advertised. It's not like I can modify it to make it faster. All my previous performance Mustang have been at least as fast as advertised if not more.

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
-What are the monthly production goals for MME made in Cuautitlan Assembly Plant?
-How many MME produced from Cuautitlan will be shipped but missing some microchips?
-What recompense will Ford provide to buyers who are forced to wait months beyond the 20 or 28 week delivery time estimate?

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag
When I showed my new car to my kids, the first thing my 6 year old wanted to do was climb in the frunk lol
My 21 year old wanted to hide in there. But hes 6'4". Dont think it will work. ?

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
It what was advertised as you posted before. For $5000 you get 0.3 sec faster car. No reviews of the performance edition has gotten 3.5 sec 0 to 60 out of the car. The Performance edition was supposed to be comparable to a Tesla YP it's not. I love the car and have posted nice reviews on it. The fact is it's not what was advertised. It's not like I can modify it to make it faster. All my previous performance Mustang have been at least as fast as advertised if not more.
The 0-60mph quoted by ford is using the good old make it look better than it is by including 1ft roll out, 1ft roll deducts around .2 from the 0-60 so a GTPE will do a true 0-60mph in around 3.7 seconds which it does when at the appropriate state of charge so you get your 5 full seconds worth of power.

It could probably go quicker if Ford was to implement a launch control as the front tires break traction easily on a less than ideal surface which for most people will be everyday roads vs sticky prepared surfaces.

Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
My 21 year old wanted to hide in there. But hes 6'4". Dont think it will work. ?
My 6 year old fit! Lol (didn’t close it, showed him the release before he climbed in just in case.) now if only ford could somehow harness his energy!

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag

Marcho

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previous, Maserati Granturismo. MV Brutale RR
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Can someone record this so that us over the pond can see it please? It'll be 2.00am in the UK and as much as I like my MME I'm not getting up that early..... :eek:

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I knew before I even saw your response that you were going to bring the cost into it as if magically it makes a car faster but in this case it doesn't. The $5000 difference in price has a lot to do with cosmetic changes to the vehicle which have zero to do with performance. As I stated earlier for the extra cost you only get a bump from 600 torque to 634, not a heck of a lot.

Add that to the fact that Ford gives the GTPE a 0-60 time of 3.5 seconds and you say people have obtained a time of 3.6 seconds, I personally think that is pretty darn close. You do realize that making an EV is new for Ford and that the 0-60 times are based on computer generated simulations don't you? As for your previous mustangs again, you do realize that there is an endless amount of data available to predict performance due to how long we have had ICE Mustangs?

Bottom line, in my opinion you are picking the peanuts out of the manure and looking for an answer. I need to tune in and watch you ask Ford why a GTPE can only do 0-60 in 3.6 seconds when they said it would do it in 3.5, now that should get a good laugh anyway.
Sponsored

Last edited: