Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select, 2019 Ram 1500
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Correct. That particular package of updates has not been made available to the later built cars yet.
Bummer. I could use that extra range. Now to figure out exactly how to "pre-condition". ........ :)

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER AWD Star White, 2014 Prius V
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
For those of us who missed it, has this livestream been archived anywhere? I didn't see anything at the Ford site. Thanks!

ebeponyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Bummer. I could use that extra range. Now to figure out exactly how to "pre-condition". ........ :)
FordPass > Vehicle > Departure Time > Add Departure Time

Ford Mustang Mach-E Upcoming Mach-E Livestream: 1/19 @ 9PM EST – covering feature highlights, how-to and walk-arounds Screenshot_20220120-143424

FordPass has a habit of freezing on a loading screen after a departure time is added, but the action goes through to the car pretty reliably. Can be scheduled in advance for regular departure times (like morning commutes), or ad hoc a few minutes before you plan to leave. Remote starts will warm up the cabin, but only scheduled departures will precondition the battery.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
FordPass > Vehicle > Departure Time > Add Departure Time

Ford Mustang Mach-E Upcoming Mach-E Livestream: 1/19 @ 9PM EST – covering feature highlights, how-to and walk-arounds Screenshot_20220120-143424

FordPass has a habit of freezing on a loading screen after a departure time is added, but the action goes through to the car pretty reliably. Can be scheduled in advance for regular departure times (like morning commutes), or ad hoc a few minutes before you plan to leave. Remote starts will warm up the cabin, but only scheduled departures will precondition the battery.
You can remote start the car, which appears to precondition the battery as well.

ebeponyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
You can remote start the car, which appears to precondition the battery as well.
I don't have a source outside of forum posts to back up that it doesn't precondition the battery, so it's not fair of me to demand a source from you to support that remote start does precondition the battery.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I don't have a source outside of forum posts to back up that it doesn't precondition the battery, so it's not fair of me to demand a source from you to support that remote start does precondition the battery.
Its been tested on this forum that remote start does NOT precondition the battery, just the cabin. During the livestream yesterday, this was asked in the chat box and the Ford rep responded saying the only way to precondition the battery is to use departure times. Using remote start only conditions the cabin for the occupant.

Petter

First Name
Petter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit (2017), Mustang Mach-E, FE (2021)
Occupation
Media manager/editor
Country flag
For those of us who missed it, has this livestream been archived anywhere? I didn't see anything at the Ford site. Thanks!
I've asked the same question. The livestream took place in the darkest hours here in Norway ...

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Its been tested on this forum that remote start does NOT precondition the battery, just the cabin. During the livestream yesterday, this was asked in the chat box and the Ford rep responded saying the only way to precondition the battery is to use departure times. Using remote start only conditions the cabin for the occupant.
I spend a lot of time on this forum (maybe too much) and I have seen other posts debating this point. I have not seen evidence presented yet that the MME does not precondition when remote starting, but I very well could have missed it.

I did my own testing and it appears to me that remote starting does some preconditioning. Maybe it is not a "full" precondition as you get when setting a departure time, but it definitely heats the battery while it is remote started. Heating the battery prior to driving the car fits the definition of "preconditioning" IMO.

Here is what I measured during a remote start. You can see the battery is using 3.49 kW to heat the battery.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Upcoming Mach-E Livestream: 1/19 @ 9PM EST – covering feature highlights, how-to and walk-arounds 1642780876845

HRH

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester & Legacy (ordering 2022 asap)
Occupation
RN
Country flag
My takeaway was her concern about breaking a nail! I can relate to that because my Wife spends so much money getting her nails done!! Lol
I mean ...?. .. not cheap, but mostly it's PAINFUL ?

HRH

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester & Legacy (ordering 2022 asap)
Occupation
RN
Country flag