Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Your indifference to my plight, matches that of "my" dealer and FoMoCo. ;)
1669145400270.gif
It's not his or our job to fix the problem, it is Ford's job. That is why he made that comment. If you haven't already done so email the Customer Experience Director at Ford detailing the issues and presenting as much detail as possible. Do so in an objective and dispassionate manner. Their email can be found at the following link. Scroll down to the Executive Contacts section.

JamieLV

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti G37
Country flag
A comment on this thread suggested that I should add another theory about why the MME I ordered 12/7/21 and built 9/12/22 has not been delivered and has apparently been "lost' in Ford's tracing system (68 days in "shipped" status, and counting)
-sitting in the sun for 10+ weeks at ramp 6R waiting for a ride to California...*
-sitting at location X waiting for repair of damage in transit....
-parts hold in Richards-Gebaur, MO or location X...
-driven by an expert car thief in Albuquerque...
-on a train to (anywhere but California)...
-victim of disgruntled railroad/FoMoCo employee "monkey wrenching"...
-sold by my dealer to folks willing to pay $20K ADM...
-totaled, fell off forklift retrieving it from ditch after CONVOY wreck in Arizona...
-abducted by aliens...
-on a train near Mira Loma, CA (ramp CH27) arriving 12 months after order...

*this is the only one reported by Ford's tracing system
1669143947720.gif
The train that (hopefully) unloaded my car this morning and started out to Mira Loma to arrive on the 24th - here's hoping your car is on it.

Passistant

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX (ordered 2022 Ford Mach E premium)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Country flag
In the same boat! 2022 MME currently in KS. Delivery expected 12/25. Cutting it close to year end!

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
It's not his or our job to fix the problem, it is Ford's job. That is why he made that comment. If you haven't already done so email the Customer Experience Director at Ford detailing the issues and presenting as much detail as possible. Do so in an objective and dispassionate manner. Their email can be found at the following link. Scroll down to the Executive Contacts section.
😔😣😳🥵🤫: The many faces of someone who's been waiting eleven months for an MME delivery and seen strike threats, recalls, production shutdowns, parts holds, and multiple changes to ETA. Indeed, I know that I've never owned that car all this time and that neither has the dealer unless it's been secretly dropped off. It is Ford's car. An actual rail strike would be quite the final kick in the teeth, if my MME order is still relying on a railroad for delivery. Ford is still out the sunk cost of the car too. Also, in all this time, I've never expected this Forum to "fix the problem". I've wondered about starting a new thread along the lines of "how many MME are stuck in Kansas City and why?" We would likely hear from others in the same situation (as we do by reading many of the "Sept/Oct build week threads), but all would be in a state of ignorance as to why. This might give a clue about the dimension of the issue for the frustrated end users like me but little else. On the other hand, maybe it just becomes place for the smug and condescending to shrug off me and those others who are waiting and waiting.
ps I actually think the railroad workers holding out for better working conditions have the "right" side of the standoff and that I'll never buy an MME if "my" order is not delivered in 2022. 😨🥴😧😦😯

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I've never owned that car all this time and that neither has the dealer unless it's been secretly dropped off. It is Ford's car
The car hasn’t belonged to Ford since it exited the factory doors. Ford arranged for transportation. Ford will make repairs on cars where applicable and build a new one when damage exceeds certain standards, but the car 🚗 isn’t theirs any longer.

You’re on a forum where the average wait time has exceeded a year. None of us liked it. But that’s the way it is. Mine was less than a week from 16 months. My shipping time was in excess of 16 weeks. My neighbors Model S took 6 months from build to delivery to the local pick up facility (Tesla doesn’t do home delivery here) and all Tesla had to do was to literally get the car from Fremont to Oakland before the rest was done by a third party.

Ford, Kansas City - Southern, Union Pacific, BNSF, in short every airline, shipping and trucking company are in the same boat, a lack of personnel and a lack of healthy employees is still an ongoing issue. My former employer is a major worldwide logistics company. Its local distribution center is 25% staffed by out of state employees and has been for over a year as at any given time 25% of the local staff is out with COVID due to the constant public contact. Outside damaged car, nothing your going through is terribly unusual. Ford needs to communicate better, we all agree on that.

Write the Customer Experience Officers at the email address given in the link above. Let them know how you feel. Good luck.

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
"Ford needs to communicate better, we all agree on that." We can also agree that a railroad strike is likely to be harmful to many interests.
I'm not sure why you want to lecture/argue with me. Okay, I can accept that I am nobody special to Ford, the dealer or yourself. Should I be censored on a Mach e forum because my comments relate to unmet expectations of Ford's allocation and distribution of the MME?
You're saying the trucking company owns it while transporting it, or the railroad? Dealer tells me they aren't responsible for putting "my" MME order on their online inventory (Ford does it) but doesn't own it, can't sell it until it's dropped in their lot. Whatever. I know I don't own it yet and Ford's predictions about production and delivery have been severely erroneous. Also, I think you're overstating the "average" delivery time. I've been watching primarily the 2022MY on this forum: Jan-Oct 2022 production and seen much acceleration of GT and Select models over the Prem and CR1 models. (I am also aware of the severe chip shortage, production and delivery delays of the 2021MY.) Many, many MME have been built after my order and delivered long before. I can't get any stats to prove it, though. Now it seems Midwest, Canada, and East get their deliveries much sooner than MMEs built in the same week but sent to the West, CA, AZ, CO. This would not seem to be a system-wide problem. One forum commenter said they made a "case" with Ford over their "overdue" order, but then found that Ford terminated the "case" without notice because the order was "still within the delivery ETA", which they had just extended. :rolleyes:
ps I didn't see any link.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Upcoming train rail strike to impact both supplies and Mach-E delivery ? 1669188087912

xaudiblex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
😔😣😳🥵🤫: The many faces of someone who's been waiting eleven months for an MME delivery and seen strike threats, recalls, production shutdowns, parts holds, and multiple changes to ETA. Indeed, I know that I've never owned that car all this time and that neither has the dealer unless it's been secretly dropped off. It is Ford's car. An actual rail strike would be quite the final kick in the teeth, if my MME order is still relying on a railroad for delivery. Ford is still out the sunk cost of the car too. Also, in all this time, I've never expected this Forum to "fix the problem". I've wondered about starting a new thread along the lines of "how many MME are stuck in Kansas City and why?" We would likely hear from others in the same situation (as we do by reading many of the "Sept/Oct build week threads), but all would be in a state of ignorance as to why. This might give a clue about the dimension of the issue for the frustrated end users like me but little else. On the other hand, maybe it just becomes place for the smug and condescending to shrug off me and those others who are waiting and waiting.
ps I actually think the railroad workers holding out for better working conditions have the "right" side of the standoff and that I'll never buy an MME if "my" order is not delivered in 2022. 😨🥴😧😦😯
I have a feeling you MME is stuck in the crossfire due to the renewed threat of embargos.

https://www.trains.com/trn/news-rev...customers-to-meter-traffic-or-face-embargoes/

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I have a feeling you MME is stuck in the crossfire due to the renewed threat of embargos.

https://www.trains.com/trn/news-rev...customers-to-meter-traffic-or-face-embargoes/
"Lots of folks" with "build" weeks before and after mine, have gotten their cars delivered in Cal Bay area, Washington State and some in Colorado. (Actual numbers are hard to get since Forum participants are few when compared to the number of MME produced.) This suggests to me "okay" deliveries via Union Pacific routes to NW but the southern routes (TX, SCal, AZ, UP & BNSF) may be congested. My greatest "problem" is that Ford, either directly or via the dealer or chat, cannot tell me where the car actually is. They have twice extended the delivery date without explanation. My current delivery ETA is 11/27-12/3, just days away. Last time, they waited to extend it in the middle of the first extension window. Recently, there was an MME built 2 weeks after my order that was delivered to the same ramp as my order's destination. (I know this because the "end user" has a dealer that checks VIN View or VVR and reports meaningful information. Thus, the only "positive" feeling I have now is that my MME order is not in Missouri at all but rather is sitting at ramp CH27, Mira Loma, CA waiting for the 20-mile truck ride to the dealer. The dealer and Ford don't know it, though. We'll all be surprised if it shows up in another week or two. The bad feeling I have is that in the middle of my current delivery ETA window, I will be told my new delivery date is the end of December... or later.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Upcoming train rail strike to impact both supplies and Mach-E delivery ? 1669233117543

Fins160

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE Select C/T Dark Matter Gray
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
The area causing the problem for the unions can be boiled down to one area, days off. Currently, railroad employees are given 30 days off per year. No, I'm not talking about vacation, sick leave, or PTO. 30 total days off in a year. Those days off need to be bid a year in advance. There is no sick leave or vacation. The various duty-free time off periods required by safety regulations are granted after the fact -- if you didn't work that was your required regulatory day off. Railroad employees are for the most part on call all the time except during one of their 30 days off per year. It's not a particularly pleasant work environment.
Not challenging you, genuinely curious - where did you find the 30 total days off policy?

The AAR has an article published that shares a very different story, would like to see the contrasting information.

https://www.aar.org/article/overview-of-freight-rail-employee-time-off-policies/
https://www.aar.org/article/overview-of-freight-rail-employee-time-off-policies/

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Upcoming train rail strike to impact both supplies and Mach-E delivery ? 1669866180373

Ford extended, yet again, the delivery ETA for the MME I ordered 12/7/21, to 12/7/22-12/13/22. Yep, one year of waiting. If delivered 12/7/22, that would be 85 days after it was built. If there is a rail strike, I probably won't see this MME until next year. However, the House passed a bill today that could prevent the rail strike, so the Senate will decide if I am to get an MME. Strike decision date is now 12/9/22, it seems.
12/2/22 edit: Congress and Prez ended the railroad strike threat. This now joins a lot of other dead threads. Meanwhile, I still wait....
Sponsored

Last edited: