Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Just wanted to update this post, we finally broke down and ordered a set of tires. Expected to be installed on Friday.

I will post a pic of the tread when they come off. As of right now mileage is at 72,844 so should be over 73k by the time they are replaced.

Makes me want to write to Michelin and send a picture as proof of how much life we got out of this first set. Looking forward to another 70k on this next set of tires!

Ordered from Tire rack to be delivered and installed by the dealer I work at, came out to 248 each with tax. Not too bad I suppose!
73k, whoa!

Mine would’ve been 2 years old on Friday if Ford didn’t place that hold on deliveries, sales, demonstrating etc due to the e call IT mess up!

It turned up 58,000 miles today and due to be going in for service if it don’t find itself burned out in a lay-by before😬

Puddle light lenses deteriorated, transmission whines unless that’s in my head and “park brake error service now” message appears on dash more often than not which I found is because left rear park brake no longer applies.

Stangy’s poorly.

Might be tent & pistol time!!!

OP
OP
dixiekidd88

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Prem XAWD, 14 f150 3.5 Ecoboost, 22 Edge ST 2.7
Country flag
Glad others are racking up miles quickly to prove the car doesn't fall apart after the warranty expires. I am doing about 2000 a month (not sure how) so I am glad to read others who are pushing it harder than I am. Any noticeable range loss now that you hit 75K?

Glad to hear about the maintenance. That's what I am most excited about.
Nothing noticeable, but my partner did not buy it for the range only for the commute and being fun to drive! I will get a reader at some point soon and find out the SOH for the battery.

OP
OP
dixiekidd88

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Would love to see your HVB SoH!
I promise I will look into getting one

OR have it done here at work, that's IF AND I MEAN IF I get to drive it during the week. My partner doesn't know what buying gas is anymore so I would have to fill up my Edge or our Truck to swap out lol

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I promise I will look into getting one

OR have it done here at work, that's IF AND I MEAN IF I get to drive it during the week. My partner doesn't know what buying gas is anymore so I would have to fill up my Edge or our Truck to swap out lol
I hate to pile on, but I am very interested in what your battery SoH is. I have been tracking mine here:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...e-of-health-how-much-decline-is-normal.26902/

If you need help figuring out how to do it, let me know. I have seen others already post information to help, but if you still have questions...

OP
OP
dixiekidd88

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I hate to pile on, but I am very interested in what your battery SoH is. I have been tracking mine here:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...e-of-health-how-much-decline-is-normal.26902/

If you need help figuring out how to do it, let me know. I have seen others already post information to help, but if you still have questions...
Thank you for sharing. I just ordered this one:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073XKQQQW?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I understand that I will have to find software/app to be able to use this, I read that ABRP is one of the preferred ones. Just not sure which one will be the easiest to set up with.

EVnewbie3000

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Premium ER AWD
Country flag

I understand that I will have to find software/app to be able to use this, I read that ABRP is one of the preferred ones. Just not sure which one will be the easiest to set up with.
Download Carscanner app. Its free for like 2 weeks or so then gets really annoying with flashing their paywall logo until you pay $7 for a permanent license

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

I agree with John, use CarScanner. In fact, most everyone on this forum who has a scanner is using that app. It has prebuilt dashboards specifically designed for the MME and Lightning. And personally I think paying for it is worth it. I use it all the time.

I have the same scanner you ordered from Amazon. I did upgrade to a more expensive one that has a Bluetooth button on it for better security, but as long as you don't leave yours plugged in the risk is small. Just remember to remove it when you are not using it.

OP
OP
dixiekidd88

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I agree with John, use CarScanner. In fact, most everyone on this forum who has a scanner is using that app. It has prebuilt dashboards specifically designed for the MME and Lightning. And personally I think paying for it is worth it. I use it all the time.

I have the same scanner you ordered from Amazon. I did upgrade to a more expensive one that has a Bluetooth button on it for better security, but as long as you don't leave yours plugged in the risk is small. Just remember to remove it when you are not using it.
I am pretty sure my partner will not want it connected all the time. I mentioned the SOH a few times already and the response I got was, oh ok. He's not concerned at all 😆 🤷‍♂️ I am the one who always looks into stuff like this. Plus everyone keeps asking and since I am the lead EV person at my dealership it would be good for me to have the real world knowledge!!!

Piece of mind is important to me, especially knowing were about a year away from losing all of the warranty too....

Msnwcpa

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mme ordered, Lexus hybrid, Toyota hybrid
Occupation
IT
I appreciate your post, but as an owner who has spent (and is currently spending) an inordinate amount of time trying to even get the local service dept on the phone I think you (as an EV-focused employee of a dealer) have avoided a tremendous amount of the frustration many here have gone through.

The service departments are either totally overwhelmed or completely unprepared, it seems. While I have been incredibly patient during my two years of ownership, understanding the growing pains of local techs needing to be trained/repairs and updates taking much longer than Ford reimburses for etc, reading through your "mostly" glowing post made me feel like you were not subject to a major component of stress that most face.

I enjoy my car, and don't regret the purchase, but the sheer volume of my time it has taken to attempt to communicate/work with both the local dealer and Ford is not nothing ... and while many of the issues we've all faced should be getting worked out, I do feel like prospective owners should take this into consideration when consuming your "hey man, a ton of miles and barely any problems!" post.

Thanks for sharing, sincerely, just wanted to point that out.
Agree with you, my car has been dead at the dealership waiting for a part which Ford says it's available but my dealer cannot get 🥺 32 days and counting.

OP
OP
dixiekidd88

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Hey so here is 2 screenshots. I think it’s the right info? 88% SOH sounds right? 🤷🏻‍♂️

IMG_7758.png

IMG_7760.png

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hey so here is 2 screenshots. I think it’s the right info? 88% SOH sounds right? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Ford Mustang Mach-E UPDATE 85k!!!! SOH INFO IMG_7760

Ford Mustang Mach-E UPDATE 85k!!!! SOH INFO IMG_7760
Yes, that is the correct sensor. And I think you might have the record for lowest SoH on the forum! Of course that can be expected considering how many miles are on the car.

OP
OP
dixiekidd88

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, that is the correct sensor. And I think you might have the record for lowest SoH on the forum! Of course that can be expected considering how many miles are on the car.
I was guessing 85%, however I think it’s reasonable for the battery to have lost only 11.5% considering the car being almost 3 years old and 75k.

My thought process is this:

88.5%
75,6XX miles
28 months

Equates to:
.41% loss each month
Meaning @ 60m/5yr or 162,000 miles
est 75.4% SOH
est 67kwh battery available
est 202 miles of range

Does this sounds right with some rounded up numbers?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The math works, but I'm not sure that's how it actually works. I don't think anyone really knows if that's what SOH actually means, even though that seems logical. Plus there's some speculation that the car might be shrinking the upper buffer in these early stages to maintain range. But once that's depleted we'll start seeing real range loss.

Ford likely wants to protect battery health as much as it can thru the 100k mile warranty. But after that, well...

Just speculation tho.
Sponsored