RW Journey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford MME FE
Country flag
Nothing from the seatbelts. The other thing I found odd is - put the brake pedal to the floor - remember the feeling of "sliding" - no ABS braking either. There was a little sand, fine gravel in the intersection.

So there were no safety features activated.
Very interesting, not what I would have expected....
Sponsored

GJG-Mach-E

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Phew - good thing that there was no airbag deployment!
There was THAT much damage done in a collision that was less than 5 MPH?!?!?! Seriously??? ?
I agree, I think your collision speed estimate is off. Hard to believe you can do that much damage at 5 MPH. Was the other car moving towards you as well?

OP
OP

Earplug

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GT-PE
Country flag
I agree, I think your collision speed estimate is off. Hard to believe you can do that much damage at 5 MPH. Was the other car moving towards you as well?
Barely felt a jolt. The other vehicle was a 1994 GMC van crossing in front. So they scraped across the the front end. Basic parts damaged 2 headlights @ $1400 each, front camera @ $1300, Hood, both fenders, complete front facia, paint, passenger door.

Nearly $20,000 in parts

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Barely felt a jolt. The other vehicle was a 1994 GMC van crossing in front. So they scraped across the the front end. Basic parts damaged 2 headlights @ $1400 each, front camera @ $1300, Hood, both fenders, complete front facia, paint, passenger door.

Nearly $20,000 in parts
Whatever became of the requirement for cars to sustain 5 MPH or less front impacts without damage?

noname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mache
Country flag
wow, this is garbage. All this plastic crap just popped out I guess.

Tyldum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
Modern cars. I saw a similar estimate for a Mercedes that hit a dog at walking speed.
The dog was fine, but it triggered external airbags to release which means the front needs a makeover.

OP
OP

Earplug

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GT-PE
Country flag
I had have had two cases where somebody stopped in front of me suddenly. The instrument panel goes crazy flashing red and the brakes apply. It worked as advertised.
I have also had the warnings go off if someone was in front. I appears that it has some challenges when it is crossing traffic.

OP
OP

Earplug

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GT-PE
Country flag
48 days and counting. Today's update from the shop.
We are still awaiting the arrival of about six parts needed to complete the assembly of your vehicle. We continue to take the repairs as far as we can after each part arrives (all of the new sheet metal has been test fitted). Once all the parts are in - the body technician stated we'll be about two weeks out from being completed (minimum).

24june2021 1.JPG

24june2021 2.JPG

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
Anymore updates? Fixed yet hopefully?

OP
OP

Earplug

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GT-PE
Country flag
I just received this update a couple of hours ago.

Good afternoon,​
We finally received a bumper reinforcement that is serviceable. It came with instructions to plot and drill the necessary attaching holes. We were able to make those adjustments and are in the process of building the front structure with hopes to be able to send it to paint mid-week. We are still missing a couple of parts needed for final assembly that our parts manager is involved with (the bumper harness and one of the hood latches). A COPIS report has already been filed with Ford for those items.​
So we will get the paint work etc. done while waiting on the last couple parts. With any luck the paint work will be completed early next week​

Next week it will be 3 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rgparham

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
acura mdx/rdx/4runner/ ford mach e awd premium
Country flag
So it took 5 weeks to get all my parts. I drove it until the parts arrived. i have already received the insurance check to cover the estimate for my rear end damage of about $4000.00. So it is in shop today and hopefully 1 week to get the car back. The other concern is rental cars are hard to come by while the car is in the shop.

MachoHulkWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Camery
Country flag
Crazy how you think the battle is won when you get the car you waited months for only to find out the wait for parts is just as long (if not longer).