Earplug

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GT-PE
Country flag
Since my other thread was hijacked with a discussion on Financing....

Finally after a month in the shop I received the revised estimate. It has gone from the Adjuster's $16,400 to $22, 812. No estimate on completion of repairs due to backordered parts.

Ford Mustang Mach-E UPDATE - Another Mach-E Crash Report and Repair Cost Estimate disassembled.JPG

Ford Mustang Mach-E UPDATE - Another Mach-E Crash Report and Repair Cost Estimate photo 2 after collision

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Sorry to hear that, though hopefully this will not affect your out of pocket cost!

Can you say what changed/what they uncovered, that is a pretty drastic increase in cost.

OP
OP

Earplug

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GT-PE
Country flag
Sorry to hear that, though hopefully this will not affect your out of pocket cost!

Can you say what changed/what they uncovered, that is a pretty drastic increase in cost.
Mostly all of the mounting tabs, hood hinge, and a bunch of wiring and connectors. Also, turns out the passenger door has a little kink. And a bunch of little things that then Insurance Adjuster wouldn't look for like the front camera washer.

Not my fault accident so my out-of-pocket is only $500 deductible. That is until my insurance recovers it from the other insurance company.

I have also filed a Diminished Value claim for about $12,000

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
I'm amazed they can put it back together at all. If that's Star White you've got another problem with color matching, although maybe not with it being so new. Do you have a backup car? I'd be screwed if that happened to me as I roll with a single car and I don't think my insurance covers rentals, which I'm now going to have to rethink.

As an aside, if you've looked at the Ioniq, it's got all this weird lighting and angles. I really like the look of it, for reasons I don't understand, but if that thing gets a door ding, or you have to replace one of the lights, look out.

OP
OP

Earplug

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GT-PE
Country flag
I'm amazed they can put it back together at all. If that's Star White you've got another problem with color matching, although maybe not with it being so new. Do you have a backup car? I'd be screwed if that happened to me as I roll with a single car and I don't think my insurance covers rentals, which I'm now going to have to rethink.

As an aside, if you've looked at the Ioniq, it's got all this weird lighting and angles. I really like the look of it, for reasons I don't understand, but if that thing gets a door ding, or you have to replace one of the lights, look out.
I have an F150 to drive. My insurance does cover rentals and that will just be passed on to the at fault driver. But I didn't want to drive the junk rentals.

They tell me that the paint will be just as good as the factory. We'll see! The good news is both fenders and the hood will be new. The passenger door needs fixing and paint.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
How the heck are people getting into these types of serious accidents if these cars have all the advanced safety systems Ford touts? Did any of them try to mitigate your crash in any way?

OP
OP

Earplug

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GT-PE
Country flag
How the heck are people getting into these types of serious accidents if these cars have all the advanced safety systems Ford touts? Did any of them try to mitigate your crash in any way?
The other party crossed in front of me. Her view of me was blocked by a semitruck until she was in front of me. I do not recall any of the crash mitigation systems activating.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
The other party crossed in front of me. Her view of me was blocked by a semitruck until she was in front of me. I do not recall any of the crash mitigation systems activating.
Ugh. That’s awful. I’m still surprised that none of the collision mitigation systems worked. I’m assuming airbags deployed.

OP
OP

Earplug

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GT-PE
Country flag
Ugh. That’s awful. I’m still surprised that none of the collision mitigation systems worked. I’m assuming airbags deployed.
No airbags - by the time I hit her I was probably under 5 mph.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Phew - good thing that there was no airbag deployment!
There was THAT much damage done in a collision that was less than 5 MPH?!?!?! Seriously??? ?

RW Journey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford MME FE
Country flag
AEB or brake assist could have been activated when it detected the object in front of you and determined you weren't going to be able to stop. It sounds like things happened quickly, do you recall the seatbelt pre-tensioners engaging?

rgparham

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
acura mdx/rdx/4runner/ ford mach e awd premium
Country flag
Unfortunately I will be going through the process as well. I was rear ended while stopped in traffic in the DFW area.

OP
OP

Earplug

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GT-PE
Country flag
AEB or brake assist could have been activated when it detected the object in front of you and determined you weren't going to be able to stop. It sounds like things happened quickly, do you recall the seatbelt pre-tensioners engaging?
Nothing from the seatbelts. The other thing I found odd is - put the brake pedal to the floor - remember the feeling of "sliding" - no ABS braking either. There was a little sand, fine gravel in the intersection.

So there were no safety features activated.
Sponsored