Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
No, not directly before this. But I dunno if the part got more stressed out this way.

Certainly seems like something was missed in the car's development or in validation of parts or the HVB system with this amount of people having the same defect. I have every expectation there will be a recall on this and I'm probably going to need a revised part in the future (or perhaps revised software that prevents this failure at least).
I agree, contactor failure seems a little too common.
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Has this been more prevalent on GTs?

Beowoeulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Mine is exhibiting this also. On Friday I drove a 130 mile round trip, got home parked in the garage heated to about 40F and plugged in to charge on L1 (I need to upgrade the house to electrical service for L2). Saturday morning HVB was at about 50% charge, but when turning on I got the Stop Safely Now message.

Today I popped off the covers under the hood and checked the 12v battery. It read 12.30v and I didn't need to jump the car to get into it yesterday or today, so that does not seen to be the problem.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Update Apr 8: 😭Mach N Cheese: STOP SAFELY NOW!😭 1649026440408

When attempting to charge now it also fails.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Update Apr 8: 😭Mach N Cheese: STOP SAFELY NOW!😭 1649026394191

I don't have a OBD reader, so I cannot check codes.

@Ford Motor Company I will be stopping by my dealer in the morning, to figure out next steps.

OP
OP
scoopman

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Mine is exhibiting this also. On Friday I drove a 130 mile round trip, got home parked in the garage heated to about 40F and plugged in to charge on L1 (I need to upgrade the house to electrical service for L2). Saturday morning HVB was at about 50% charge, but when turning on I got the Stop Safely Now message.

Today I popped off the covers under the hood and checked the 12v battery. It read 12.30v and I didn't need to jump the car to get into it yesterday or today, so that does not seen to be the problem.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Update Apr 8: 😭Mach N Cheese: STOP SAFELY NOW!😭 1649026394191

@Ford Motor Company I will be stopping by my dealer in the morning, to figure out next steps.
Same symptoms as me. Sorry to hear this!

OP
OP
scoopman

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Bummer, hardware fault it is then. If it were my car I'd probably be under banging on the front chin of the pack with a rubber mallet hoping to get the contactor unstuck, but you probably just want the dealer to take it at this point.
Yeah I'm probably going to let the dealer whack it with a mallet at this point....

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag

What is your build date? I thought this was a GT job 2 thing, but the fact that you have a premium ext range concerns me.

And for those chiming in with the same problem, please share your trim and build dates as well. ❤

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Yeah I'm probably going to let the dealer whack it with a mallet at this point....
The old Arthur Fonzerelli may be exactly what it needs.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Update Apr 8: 😭Mach N Cheese: STOP SAFELY NOW!😭 370F1E9B-5875-4E3A-878E-9E855F267A74

joebruin77

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Tesla Model 3 Perf, '22 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
I'm sorry to hear that the OP and others have had this frustrating issue. But it is nice to see that this online community is so supportive. And from what I can tell, in most cases, Ford seems to be providing good customer service and support in response.

I have a 2022 GTPE on order. It is scheduled to be built the week of April 25th. Does anyone know if this issue is still occurring with more recently built MME's? If Ford is not sure of the cause, does it stand to reason that cars being built now may still be susceptible to this problem?

xinlitik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Mustang
Country flag
I'm sorry to hear that the OP and others have had this frustrating issue. But it is nice to see that this online community is so supportive. And from what I can tell, in most cases, Ford seems to be providing good customer service and support in response.

I have a 2022 GTPE on order. It is scheduled to be built the week of April 25th. Does anyone know if this issue is still occurring with more recently built MME's? If Ford is not sure of the cause, does it stand to reason that cars being built now may still be susceptible to this problem?
I don't think anyone can say but Ford. They're unfortunately not the best communicators - I am not aware of any official recognition of this issue, but for all we know they are trolling the forums and aware/working on it.

Capt_Everything

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE
Country flag
Yup. Cheesemobile was in my garage all night, and I plugged it in this morning to my L2 (as I forgot to do so last evening).

I have code P0AA1: Hybrid battery positive contactor -- circuit stuck closed and after clearing, P1A10: Hybrid Powertrain Control Module - Battery Disabled

Question for those in Northern California: Who has had their HVJB and harness replaced here? What dealer did you use for service? Who is good and has already done one of these so I'm not their "learning experience?

Please respond here or privately -- looking to get this solved ASAP with a dealer who knows how to expedite the parts.

----
Longer version: My bad Sunday morning

Got a red ring of death when I plugged in, with a charge fault on FordPass. I went in the car and saw:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Update Apr 8: 😭Mach N Cheese: STOP SAFELY NOW!😭 370F1E9B-5875-4E3A-878E-9E855F267A74

Pulling the codes showed:

Clearing the codes did not solve the problem, and showed my HVB is disconnected:

My car has every available update including new charging curve so this is absolutely not a software issue. Also, it's not cold at all here, it's basically weather paradise. This is definitely a faulty batch of part(s) and I bet will be a recall.

I'm really glad this happened in my garage and not on the road with my family -- but I'm also wondering how we're going to flatbed my MME out of my garage where it's parked tow-point nose-in. My driveway is also on an incline so this will be "fun".

My current game plan is to see what the hive mind here thinks about what dealer to get it towed to today, and contact the service department of said dealer tomorrow morning and arrange for the tow.
Welcome to the "P0AA1 Club"!!

I too have all the updates on my Sept 2021 GTPE build and got that nonsense.

Hope this issue gets elevated for us all.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Oh yeah, I meant to ask @scoopman, what’s your build date? I feel like we’ve seen a wide range of builds with problems but figured worth asking.

OP
OP
scoopman

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Welcome to the "P0AA1 Club"!!

I too have all the updates on my Sept 2021 GTPE build and got that nonsense.

Hope this issue gets elevated for us all.
Yeah your photo of your car on the flatbed at the BMW i event in front of the marketing sign was pretty epic.

OP
OP
scoopman

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I don't think anyone can say but Ford. They're unfortunately not the best communicators - I am not aware of any official recognition of this issue, but for all we know they are trolling the forums and aware/working on it.
It appears Ford is aware of this issue. Unclear if they have a root cause yet but I'm hoping they're stocking up on more supply of replacement BECMs so this not be a very long time.

OP
OP
scoopman

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Oh yeah, I meant to ask @scoopman, what’s your build date? I feel like we’ve seen a wide range of builds with problems but figured worth asking.
IT seems this is afflicting cars without any pattern on trim, build date, temperature, or other usage patterns we can figure out.

My build date is Aug 8 2021, in service since Oct 22 2021, driven about 4400 mi.

Capt_Everything

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE
Country flag
Yeah your photo of your car on the flatbed at the BMW i event in front of the marketing sign was pretty epic.
Couldn't be more embarrassing for both me and Ford lol...

They fix my GT with an updated part and/or software in a timely manor and I'll be cool with it...! If it's the same old part and no software update... I will not trust the vehicle anymore!

I really need transparency on this one.
Sponsored

Last edited: