Update in progress, do you still want to reset?

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
I picked up a 21 MME over the weekend. I actually got it Monday morning after some DMV snafu. The dealer couldn't put a temp plate on. Anyway. I read about having to preform a master reset in order for me to take over the vehicle with Fordpass and reset the driving stats. Coming from a pair of Focus Electrics I've been exposed to Sync for a decade. I first checked if there were updates, it said it was up to date. I tried to force an update (then read on here that's nearly impossible). So I went to run the master reset. It popped the message that an update was in progress do I want to continue. Well. Yes. It did it's thing and rebooted. Pretty quick mind you. Sub 4 minutes I'd say. It reset, I connected etc. I noticed it didn't wipe previous profiles from the screen, nor the recall button on the door and didn't seem to reset the range (though it was at 91% not 100%).
Should the master rest have wiped those things?
What's the odds I just caused it to lock in between updates. I can see I'm somewhere around 3.5.3.3 due to games and not having knob control over the seats etc. Been trying to trigger an update for the last 2 days with no luck and no way to see if it's failing OTA.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
A master reset absolutely removes all profiles. If it didn't, you need to do it again.

You cannot trigger updates. When they are queued up for your car, you get them. Set a schedule to apply updates that require immobility, and turn Automatic Updates on.

OP
OP
azerik

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Good to know, I'll go reset it again. I think other things arn't complete as I have no audio dsp settings.
I had set a schedule to check for updates but the only time the car showed up on my network is right when I set up the wifi connection on Monday for nearly 25 minutes. Then never seen again.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Good to know, I'll go reset it again. I think other things arn't complete as I have no audio dsp settings.
I had set a schedule to check for updates but the only time the car showed up on my network is right when I set up the wifi connection on Monday for nearly 25 minutes. Then never seen again.
The schedule doesn't check for updates. The schedule is to apply updates that are already downloaded and will immobilize the car for a period of time.

You don't need WiFi for updates.

OP
OP
azerik

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Looks like the reset was a bad choice on my part. OTA status reflects when I did this:
"latestStatus": {
"aggregateStatus": "cancelled",
"detailedStatus": "OTAM_S1011",
"dateTimestamp": "2023-01-09T19:44:04.292+00:00"
},
"deploymentFinalConsumerAction": "Cancelled"

Hasn't seemed to try again since. I'm debating a master reset as
"deploymentCreationDate": "2023-01-09T16:07:38.079+0000",
"deploymentExpirationTime": "2023-01-16T16:07:38.079+0000",
"otaTriggerExpirationTime": "2022-12-14T04:54:07.892+0000",
"communicationPriority": "LOW",
"type": "ENHANCEMENT",
"triggerType": "SOFTWARE",
"inhibitRequired": true,
"additionalConsentLevel": 1,
"tmcEnvironment": "PRD",
"latestStatus": {
"aggregateStatus": "cancelled",
"detailedStatus": "OTAM_S1011",
"dateTimestamp": "2023-01-09T19:44:04.292+00:00"
},
It looks like I'm at least a week past my expire and it doesn't appear to be checking for updates as nothing has changed in the OTA in weeks. My dealer appt is end of Feb (yay for earliest we can get you in. Scheduled this 1-11)
Edit: master reset didn't do anything.
Sponsored

Last edited: