UPDATE (NOT a new battery, not the HVBJB, no one knows...) Second time stranded in less than 2 months: STOP SAFELY NOW

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
I was incredulous when she said that and thought she was wrong. Any ideas on how I could go above her head or around her to tap into a buy-back or replacement program?
I've read here that the dealer can help you start the buyback process.
Sponsored

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
OP
OP
BadgerGreg

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
**** UPDATE 4/29/2022 ****

Picked up my car this morning; new HVBJB is installed and working. Ford techs tested the car yesterday and again this morning and are satisfied the HV systems are working. Glad to be back in an EV.

Cooling off a bit on wanting to get rid of the car. I still love to drive it, so I'm holding off on ordering anything new. In any case, the car has two strikes (not three), so it lives to see another day.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The engineers were at the dealership for my car, glad they worked on yours too!

OP
OP
BadgerGreg

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
The engineers were at the dealership for my car, glad they worked on yours too!
One of the advantages of living within spitting distance of Dearborn :)

Hopefully you get your car back soon too! I think I saw it in the shop this morning; it looked really nice (looks like you have PPF applied...either that or a recent wash/wax)

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They've said I will get it back today. No PPF, just Collinite 845. Beads up nicely.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There were two new Rapid Reds at the front of the dealership, one a GT. Mine was parked in the first row by the bays when I got it at 5, don't know if you saw mine or those. Mine wasn't clean, because they know not to wash it.

Alaskan_silent_pony

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e premium AWD
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Scary crazy bad!!!!

This also tells me there are still reasonably new MMEs being pumped out with this defect, and it's perhaps not just a bad batch of parts. And that the replacements being shipped also can fail with presumably similar frequency.

Please report this right here.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/report-a-safety-problem#index
@chaifarm yes! Definitely fill out an nhtsa report. That's a huge safety concern that happened and the fed govt hopefully can't ignore the complaint and investigate @Ford Motor Company

Last edited:

Alaskan_silent_pony

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
That’s probably more than I would expect, although these experiences have soured my view of the car. I am very close to pulling the trigger on ordering a BMW i4 (M50), which has similar specs to a GTPE. I’m going to wait to see how my repair experience unfolds before moving in that direction.
Yea, you might be lucky to get a replacement if the dealer you bought the car from has more on the lot. Most of the lemon laws say that if approved, they either allow you to go through the buyback process OR you get a model of same specs and year or newer. The caviat is it has to be off the same dealer lot. I didn't have that luxury in Alaska, so had to give mine up 😪

What's sad is it doesn't sound like @Ford Motor Company is going to use it for testing. They just ship it off to another state and sell it on a lemon lot and state to the buyer that it was purchased as a lemon. Then the NEW sucker gets a vehicle without a warranty... just sad to hear...

Alaskan_silent_pony

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
@chaifarm if you call ford customer service @ 1(800)392-3673. They're the ones that initiate the buyback / replacements process. They'll assign a CAS# to you. Then the hoop jumping starts. They'll deny on the first go around because they only look at the last service ticket. Get all the service records and make a log of every issue that's happened and the dates and times the vehicle was out of commission. Ask for an appeal review and state you want all services reviewed. That'll take about a month. Then hopefully they'll approve you.

It was a PAIN to get the RAV (reacquired vehicle) number. But if you need that too, to harrass them once they get a claim opened. It's 1(877)477-1023.

Good luck!

chaifarm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME
Thank you so much for the information. Still waiting for my car. Parts are “on order.” It has now been one month since car was towed to dealership. QUOTE="Alaskan_silent_pony, post: 410815, member: 9921"]
@chaifarm if you call ford customer service @ 1(800)392-3673. They're the ones that initiate the buyback / replacements process. They'll assign a CAS# to you. Then the hoop jumping starts. They'll deny on the first go around because they only look at the last service ticket. Get all the service records and make a log of every issue that's happened and the dates and times the vehicle was out of commission. Ask for an appeal review and state you want all services reviewed. That'll take about a month. Then hopefully they'll approve you.

It was a PAIN to get the RAV (reacquired vehicle) number. But if you need that too, to harrass them once they get a claim opened. It's 1(877)477-1023.

Good luck!
[/QUOTE]
Sponsored