RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
I’ll see about getting more this weekend but Cuautitlan is gearing up for mass production. Lots of stamping to get body parts ready. Mass Production 1 still planned for endOf the month, presumably FCTP units.

Body shop and battery assembly lines set to start MP1 on 9/14; paint shop on 9/17. Then the final assembly will be ready to make 420 MP1 units on 9/25.

Let’s hope for 99% quality!
Since the line rate is so low for MachE, I would guess the acceleration curve will top out to planned line rate somewhere near OKTB. Hopefully the supply base can keep up. This would give vehicle production weeks of like 425, 750, 1050, 1400 in November, or about 2200 produced at OKTB and 3600 for November. December will throw in another 5600 or so.

I would say if your order is in November production, you have a good shot at getting your vehicle in 2020 - except for Kamuelaflyer, sorry bud, at least you get to live way off in paradise, cars in the mail ;).

Based on other notes, if "Quality" is referring to PPAP, and current PPAP is in the mid 90%, then MP2 PPAP should exceed target. You'll get a good quality vehicle mechanically. It's all about the battery and software, and hopefully OTA will mature on schedule to fix software bugs and get all the feature updates.

Today's bonus tip: PaaK users... the key FOB has priority, so you can prank your spouse and lock the vehicle everytime they go to unlock it with the phone...
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I would say if your order is in November production, you have a good shot at getting your vehicle in 2020 - except for Kamuelaflyer, sorry bud, at least you get to live way off in paradise, cars in the mail ;).
Haha! I'll post pictures with my Premium AWD ER, Infinite Blue, with the black onyx interior MME in front of CFHT (Canada, France Hawaii Telescope) with snow on the ground ... in July 2021. It might be on the way home from the dealer having just picked it up though. ;)

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The goal within the EV market is to make a vehicle that is cost-effective and can have a true range of up to 400 miles. The tech is there to be able to do it, but not the cost yet.
Can you image the hype and demand when that happens. They are quicker with more instant torque; so it will. :cool: Generate the power cleanly, as we need to, and good things can happen.

The battery swap at 1/2 price sounded good; wonder if the hardware will take 200 Kwh in 10 years for the same price or we will need new boards?

SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf SV 2019 Leaf SL Plus Ford F250 Jeep Cherokee First Edition Grabber Blue Order
Country flag
Agh – another Cuddle Dog --- From someone who lets a 90 lb Lab sleep between us whenever he wants.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Agh – another Cuddle Dog --- From someone who lets a 90 lb Lab sleep between us whenever he wants.
My goldendoodle is 10 months old, 60lbs, and thinks she is a lapdog.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico D843F298-F606-4404-BF56-8E2D3B92168E

hag911

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Fusion Hybrid, 2014 Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Haha! I'll post pictures with my Premium AWD ER, Infinite Blue, with the black onyx interior MME in front of CFHT (Canada, France Hawaii Telescope) with snow on the ground ... in July 2021. It might be on the way home from the dealer having just picked it up though. ;)
What is it about 40 miles or so from Hilo to the base of the volcano? Then I believe the peak is about 13,000'. That's quite a climb from sea level.
Are the protests still going on? We were planning on driving up to top last year but there was a whole camp of protesters by the main entrance so we decided to pass.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Reactions: abr

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
What is it about 40 miles or so from Hilo to the base of the volcano? Then I believe the peak is about 13,000'. That's quite a climb from sea level.
Are the protests still going on? We were planning on driving up to top last year but there was a whole camp of protesters by the main entrance so we decided to pass.
About 40 miles to the Maunakea access road. Hilo is at sea level and the access road is 6600 feet. Rolling hills trending upwards to that point. From there it's 5 miles to the visitors center on a paved road climbing to just over 9,000 feet. After that its not quite 5 miles on a gravel road to the summit at 13,800 feet. though you can't literally drive to the summit. So maybe 13600 feet at Keck Observatory

While I'd like to do this, it's about 40 miles from our house near Waimea to the access road and 10 miles of an 8,000 ft climb and part on a gravel road. It's a 4wd road above the visitor's center due to the steep grade coming down. The use of gears is mandatory and is the reason for the 4WD requirement when it's not icy. I figure the regen brakes on max would be sufficient. Then there's the gravel road part -- the MME will be my baby. :)

And since I can't get ABRP to let me plan that route, I don't even have a clue whether I'll be coasting into the house on dwindling electrons or not. The nearest charger would be at our house.

The protests are gone for the moment as there's no construction in the offing. There are lawsuits galore as the State of Hawaii did its usual thing and tried to cram this through without finishing the legal process required prior to construction. That was just adding fat to the fire. And honestly, the dispute isn't about the Thirty Meter Telescope at all, it's about disenfranchisement.

Last edited:

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
About 40 miles to the Maunakea access road. Hilo is at sea level and the access road is 6600 feet. Rolling hills trending upwards to that point. From there it's 5 miles to the visitors center on a paved road climbing to just over 9,000 feet. After that its not quite 5 miles on a gravel road to the summit at 13,800 feet. though you can't literally drive to the summit. So maybe 13600 feet at Keck Observatory

While I'd like to do this, it's about 40 miles from our house near Waimea to the access road and 10 miles of an 8,000 ft climb and part on a gravel road. It's a 4wd road above the visitor's center due to the steep grade coming down. The use of gears is mandatory and is the reason for the 4WD requirement the reason when it's not icy. I figure the regen brakes on max would be sufficient. Then there's the gravel road part -- the MME will be my baby. :)

And since I can't get ABRP to let me plan that route, I don't even have a clue whether I'll be coasting into the house on dwindling electrons or not. The nearest charger would be at our house.

The protests are gone for the moment as there's no construction in the offing. There are lawsuits galore as the State of Hawaii did its usual thing and tried to cram this through without finishing the legal process required prior to construction. That was just adding fat to the fire. And honestly, the dispute isn't about the Thirty Meter Telescope at all, it's about disenfranchisement.

Well for the gravel road good mud flaps should help quite a bit. For the climbing for sure you're gone burn lots of electrons but on the way down you will refill the battery almost. ;)

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag

While I'd like to do this, it's about 40 miles from our house near Waimea to the access road and 10 miles of an 8,000 ft climb and part on a gravel road. It's a 4wd road above the visitor's center due to the steep grade coming down. The use of gears is mandatory and is the reason for the 4WD requirement the reason when it's not icy. I figure the regen brakes on max would be sufficient. Then there's the gravel road part -- the MME will be my baby. :)

Have you tried plugshare on that route?
Sponsored