First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I would have thunk they get a discount like they do on the car. the chargepoint seems to be $700
It's quite possible that he's getting the car earlier than most of us. It's a company car, not a personal purchase. This is why he already has a build date and VIN.

The price difference is a good reason. Some additional possibilities: maybe the connected charger won't be available by his expected delivery date, or his electric utility has an offer relating to ChargePoint, or he already had it?

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag
It's quite possible that he's getting the car earlier than most of us. It's a company car, not a personal purchase. This is why he already has a build date and VIN.

The price difference is a good reason. Some additional possibilities: maybe the connected charger won't be available by his expected delivery date, or his electric utility has an offer relating to ChargePoint, or he already had it?
excuse me but this is not the forum to add logic to a discussion

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I think maybe if I had a charger in a carport or driveway, and space to move or park my car elsewhere when needed, then I'd consider listing on PlugShare. Otherwise I don't think I'd feel comfortable about it.
Ours is in out carport and is listed on PlugShare. No one has used it though. I figure the only folks who would use it are desperate and if I was desperate I might use some else’s.

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Ours is in out carport and is listed on PlugShare. No one has used it though. I figure the only folks who would use it are desperate and if I was desperate I might use some else’s.
So how does it work if someone does use it? Do you get compensated?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag