Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I’m pretty late to the game seeing that I didn’t even know about the Mach-E until a few months ago and just placed an order on 10/2. As someone who does not care for the dealership drama, I really liked the simple online process to order the MME. I was impressed that within 30 mins, I had an email from the dealership I picked thanking me for my order.

As far as setting expectations, Ford quickly sent me an email that said they’d let me know when my MME was scheduled for production, when it was built, and when it was shipped to the dealer. Sounds good to me!

This is the first time I’ve ordered a car sight unseen. I appreciate that my $500 deposit is refundable if I decide to cancel after eventually test driving one (if I don’t like it). That’s zero-risk to me!

While tax breaks are nice, some of us either don’t have any state tax incentives or we don’t qualify for them. Here in MA, you can’t get the $2,500 tax rebate for anything over $50,000. My MME is coming in at $53,500 so never mind that idea. I didn’t get any COVID stimulus either because divorced dads’ income is judged before the heavy 30% gross support/alimony is figured in. This is just life. Sometimes you roll 6’s & 8’s for an hour, sometimes you roll just 2, 3, or 12’s.
Sponsored

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Highlander, Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Country flag
Actually, that brings up something I’ve wondered - I know there’s another forum with a similar name (not sure if it’s permitted to mention “competitors” names ?) I glance in there occasionally, but haven’t joined. I see a couple of familiar names but, to be honest, that place is DEAD. Are there any other forums with this level of activity, or is this where it’s at? Also, what about social media? For reasons too involved to go into, I do not have access to Facebook. I had a Twitter account years ago when I worked for an employer who insisted that all employees get a Twitter account, but I’ve never gotten a personal Twitter account. I don’t have access to Instagram (Facebook).
The Ford Bronco 6 G forum is extremely active. It has multiple threads that have over 100 pages each. When Ford announced they were delaying the painted black modular hard top, they had to combine at least 7 threads and it hit 60 pages in the first hour.

Doing the Bronco launch at the same time as the MME during a pandemic means Ford has their hands full.

This forum is more civilized with considerably fewer complainers than that one. But then again Ford killed the X-Plan for the Bronco and made lots of people upset.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I heard on a podcast that the cyber truck may not make it out in 2021. If not, many may jump to the E F150 instead.
I can’t picture any of the F150 owners I know getting a cyber truck. They fall into two categories - the extremely wealthy horsey set (I live less than 2 miles away from the Devon Horse Show and Country Fair, and not far from Radnor Hunt. For now, until Audi and MB ramp up proper electrics, the “environmentally conscious” members may be “slumming it” in model S’s, but I guarantee you that the working stables are hauling the horses around using F150s and F250s and nothing else (well, maybe the rare Dodge Ram). Those stables are NOT getting a cyber truck. They’re getting what they know works.
Second category - contractors. Plumbers, electricians, and most importantly people like remodelers and roofers. Many of them have specialized bed inserts. Also, that onboard power system is going to be really welcome at job sites where they’re going to be running power tools all day. They don’t need biohazard mode and bulletproof glass. They need something that works (and don’t cheap out on the seats on the high end model this time ?)

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Actually, that brings up something I’ve wondered - I know there’s another forum with a similar name (not sure if it’s permitted to mention “competitors” names ?) I glance in there occasionally, but haven’t joined. I see a couple of familiar names but, to be honest, that place is DEAD. Are there any other forums with this level of activity, or is this where it’s at? Also, what about social media? For reasons too involved to go into, I do not have access to Facebook. I had a Twitter account years ago when I worked for an employer who insisted that all employees get a Twitter account, but I’ve never gotten a personal Twitter account. I don’t have access to Instagram (Facebook).
There's the Club site (less active) and the Nation site (basically dead from what I can tell).

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
There are at least two Mach E Facebook groups, but not very well informed. I actually had joined the other forum first, but it is much less active. There is some activity on Twitter from Ford Twitter posters like Emma Burg, and Mike Levine. Also a bit of activity on Instagram from Ford.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I can’t picture any of the F150 owners I know getting a cyber truck. They fall into two categories - the extremely wealthy horsey set (I live less than 2 miles away from the Devon Horse Show and Country Fair, and not far from Radnor Hunt. For now, until Audi and MB ramp up proper electrics, the “environmentally conscious” members may be “slumming it” in model S’s, but I guarantee you that the working stables are hauling the horses around using F150s and F250s and nothing else (well, maybe the rare Dodge Ram). Those stables are NOT getting a cyber truck. They’re getting what they know works.
Second category - contractors. Plumbers, electricians, and most importantly people like remodelers and roofers. Many of them have specialized bed inserts. Also, that onboard power system is going to be really welcome at job sites where they’re going to be running power tools all day. They don’t need biohazard mode and bulletproof glass. They need something that works (and don’t cheap out on the seats on the high end model this time ?)
We have wanted a truck for a long time but I would never buy one because of the fuel cost. But the E F150 may be next after the Mach E. Unless they come out with an E Bronco first.

Matthewmohan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition Grabber Blue
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
It's $0 here in SC, so be happy with your $1,000
The NY rebate is $2,000 but my dealer mentioned that is wasn’t actually a rebate. In NY they work with the dealers to take it off the price of the car at purchase. Which I feel is pretty sharp

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I am part of the club site but stopped going because of less activity, less info and more negativity.
I still check it out, but less often.

I'm dismayed by the club's continuous reposting of other people's photos without crediting them. They repost stuff to Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Reddit, and so on, and very rarely do they offer any source attribution.

Several of the "Club" members are actual paid employees of VerticalScope. I wish they were far more transparent.

Oh and their email notifications say "Mach-E Forum" which confuses the heck out of me.

Similarly here, we don't know who the Administrator(s) are (their names or the name of the company running this site, etc), or if other members are actual the administrator in guise... But I guess it's far more obvious to figure out what's happening at the Club.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
This is the first time I’ve ordered a car sight unseen. I appreciate that my $500 deposit is refundable if I decide to cancel after eventually test driving one (if I don’t like it). That’s zero-risk to me!
Just to be clear, if you placed an order for a Select, CA Rt 1, or Premium, then the $500 deposit went to your selected dealer and it might be refundable. Refundability is between you and that dealer and you should get it in writing.

If you placed a reservation deposit for a Mustang Mach-E GT, then that $500 went to Ford Motor Company, and it is fully refundable. But again, when it comes time to convert that reservation into an order, the order terms will be between you and your selected dealer.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
In a word? No.

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
Guilty as charged. My early guesstimates were based on overly optimistic rates. You will note that each one came with the weekly rate assumptions, etc. I did dial that back with more recent updates that production was still in the 100s. However, I am still getting some optimistic projections from a source in Cuautitlan that indicates 200-300 per week now and thinking they will reach 1000 per week much sooner than you do @Flydivesurf.

You may be right that the plant may only get out 2000 customer cars in 2020. I'm hoping my source is right and they'll be at 1000 per week soon. Of course, while my source is inside the plant, different people are seeing different parts of the operation and have different perspectives on both current rates and the potential for accelerating the rate.

I haven't called my projections guesstimates for nothing!
Besides, aren't Mach Es supposed to have great acceleration? ;)
This has probably been asked but do we assume if a car has a build date that it makes it all the way down the line by the end of that week?
Sponsored