Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Yes. Hover over their name and click "Ignore."
I’m not a huge fan of “ignore”. It seems pretty nuclear. I figure if an individual is being that disruptive to a forum, the moderators can handle it. I can quickly skim past content I don’t need to bother with.
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Speaking of test drives, are dealerships allowed to give test drives on our Mach E’s to other people until we come pick up our cars? I know we’ve talked about FCTP vehicles being used for that, but almost all new cars have a little bit of mileage on them, and I’ve assumed this has been from test drives.

Maybe special order vehicles are different?
My dealer explained it to me this way...
Stock order=fair game
Retail order=off limits

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I’m not a huge fan of “ignore”. It seems pretty nuclear. I figure if an individual is being that disruptive to a forum, the moderators can handle it. I can quickly skim past content I don’t need to bother with.
Same.
I've been on enough enthusiast forums to fine tune my BS radar where scrolling to the next post is almost automatic.

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
You will most likely get email or phone call from dealer letting you know when it has arrived or when ready for pick up which means they have done their inspection and races it around town and you can drive it now

but you will know when it arrived on the tracker as well so you can bug your dealer every hour until they release it to you.
I have been getting emails directly from FORD on such things as build week, build week slip of 1 week, etc. I expect to get one next week when my status changes to an actual build date. Suggest you sign up for email updates on your order.

balthisar

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Expedition; 2021 Mach E Premium AWD Extended
Occupation
Engineer@FoMoCo
Country flag
I'm not going to gatekeep the OKTB hype train, everyone who wants to should get right on board. Personally, I'm going to take it with a grain of salt until my own desire for corroborating evidence is satisfied. If you don't like my take on it, I won't be offended if you ignore me. I'm just some guy on the internet, and I wouldn't take my word as fact without proof either.
I suppose I could have just made all this up, but how's this:

Sent: viernes, 18 de diciembre de 2020 10:57 a. m.
Subject: OK-To-Buy Achieved (2021 CX727 Cuautitlan Stamping and Assembly Plant)

Based on the results reviewed in the 18-DEC-2020 OK-To-Buy Meeting of the FCPA, Squeak & Rattle, Wind Noise, R202, Cold Start and Stabilized Drive, Fresh Eyes, Electrical Anomaly, 25 Mile Drive, PV Testing, and Plant and Launch Team evaluations, as well as the successful completion of the Ok-to-Buy scorecard and the completion of all On-Site Modifications, we have authorized the Cuautitlan Stamping and Assembly Plant to release and ship the 2021 MY CX727 Mustang Mach E for both North America and Europe Markets.

All evaluations have been conducted with no major or minor risk identified.

Attachment 1 includes the signed, completed OK-To-Buy Scorecard with results of all OK-To-Buy criteria.

Attachment 2 includes the OKTB Scorecard Summary.

Attachment 3 includes the details for the On-Site Modifications which affect Job #1 vehicles and will be completed prior to their release.

Regards,
[reacted]

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I hope that holds. I can just imagine when ours comes in (it may be the first for my dealer) how many salespeople try to take it for a spin. Hands off!!
For whatever reason....I have a totally different take on this concern. I think the Mach E is a great car.....but it's just a car in the end. Up until very recently, there was the possibility that the FE we ordered could be the first one at that dealership. I told several of the employees there that I would be very disappointed in them if they DIDN'T take it out for some joy rides before I showed up. EDIT: It's a stock order so there isn't any concern about it being off limits for test drives.

I think the more people that get to spend time behind the wheel of these things the better for everybody. If I ever do end up with one.....I will let any of my friends, family or coworkers borrow it. I've always been like that though. Well, there is one car that I own that NOBODY else has driven in 35 years but that is because they are all scared to drive it....not because I wouldn't let them.

RVAtom

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Is there a factory shutdown for Christmas and New Year holidays? I seem to remember that being factored into the old calculations that Mark was doing.

I know I am looking forward to some time off over the next few weeks. I imagine the folks building our cars could use one too. I hope they get some quality time with their immediate families.

balthisar

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Expedition; 2021 Mach E Premium AWD Extended
Occupation
Engineer@FoMoCo
Country flag
I'd love to see those attachments. Especially attachment #3! :)
I'd like to say that I don't feel comfortable sharing the attachments, but the truth is I'm not high enough on the food chain to be on the original email distribution, so no attachments ever made it me.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
For whatever reason....I have a totally different take on this concern. I think the Mach E is a great car.....but it's just a car in the end. Up until very recently, there was the possibility that the FE we ordered could be the first one at that dealership. I told several of the employees there that I would be very disappointed in them if they DIDN'T take it out for some joy rides before I showed up. EDIT: It's a stock order so there isn't any concern about it being off limits for test drives.

I think the more people that get to spend time behind the wheel of these things the better for everybody. If I ever do end up with one.....I will let any of my friends, family or coworkers borrow it. I've always been like that though. Well, there is one car that I own that NOBODY else has driven in 35 years but that is because they are all scared to drive it....not because I wouldn't let them.
I think it's one thing to let friends, family, or even co-workers take it out for a spin. It's completely different to allow complete strangers to ride around in YOUR new car, before you even get a chance to ride in it yourself. At least that's how I view it anyways.

Jim_I

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium X-R Batt RWD Carbonized Gray
Country flag
I suppose I could have just made all this up, but how's this:

Someone obviously has experience in writing documents for large companies.

Well done!!!

That is the longest single grammatically correct sentence I have seen in a long time. :) :) :)

42 days to go before my build week, but who is counting???

Jim

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I'd like to say that I don't feel comfortable sharing the attachments, but the truth is I'm not high enough on the food chain to be on the original email distribution, so no attachments ever made it me.
No worries. Thanks for sharing what you did. I love the insight!
Sponsored