Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
I received the attached email from Ford.com about my Mach E reservation a month after the deal and financing was finalized.

I reviewed and note that the base MSRP increased by $600 and that Ford is allowing the dealer to charge a $3,000 ADM. Attached is a summary of MSRP plus ADM.

Maybe I’ll get a bill? Just kidding, but Ford formally allowing ADM is concerning for people now ordering.

507852F6-5572-4251-A58E-C235A646EAB1.png

8F5AA86E-1F67-495E-A1BD-D5F2C7A03F6D.png

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Ford is allowing the dealer to charge a $3,000 ADM
Of course Ford is allowing this. They always have, for many decades now. If a buyer is willing to $3k over MSRP to a dealer, happy customer, happy dealer. If not, dealer waits for a buyer and spends money on rent, advertising etc while he waits. Or he lowers the price to match demand. None of this is new.

Similarly, the manufacturer sets MSRP wherever they deem it should be. ?‍♂ Thus the $600 increase.

Sam2084

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 CR-V, E4X Ordered
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Of course Ford is allowing this. They always have, for many decades now. If a buyer is willing to $3k over MSRP to a dealer, happy customer, happy dealer. If not, dealer waits for a buyer and spends money on rent, advertising etc while he waits. Or he lowers the price to match demand. None of this is new.

Similarly, the manufacturer sets MSRP wherever they deem it should be. ?‍♂ Thus the $600 increase.
His base MSRP increase is due to the inclusion of blue cruise on Mach Es ordered after 4/26.

OP
OP
ChuckA

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
His base MSRP increase is due to the inclusion of blue cruise on Mach Es ordered after 4/26.
Understand that this vehicle ordered 02/12/21, without BlueCruise or $3000 ADM, was sold to me on 08/31/21 when I accepted delivery. In fact, it was x-plan pricing at $55,600. Why would Ford update their reservation 35 days after dealer delivery? Maybe they wanted me to appreciate the price I paid.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Understand that this vehicle ordered 02/12/21, without BlueCruise or $3000 ADM, was sold to me on 08/31/21 when I accepted delivery. In fact, it was x-plan pricing at $55,600. Why would Ford update their reservation 35 days after dealer delivery? Maybe they wanted me to appreciate the price I paid.
Might want to call your finance company and verify the selling price and loan amount with them is the same as your copy of the contract. Sometimes shady dealers change the contract terms after the fact to increase the selling price or add things like extended warranties or protection plans. Obviously this is fraud since you didn't agree to it, so it should be checked out IMO.
Sponsored