UPDATED!...HELP! Is this standard PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection)

MachE1977

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Tesla Model 3/ 2020 Mazda Miata Club
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Any updates?

OP
OP
T_to the_A

T_to the_A

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Mustang V6 Red Candy Metallic, 2021 Mach-e Premuim AWD St Range Shadow Black
Occupation
I sell wine
Country flag
UPDATE!
I almost hesitate to post because I truly will not believe it until I am driving away from the dealer, but Iā€™ve been alerted that I can finalize purchase tomorrow.
I guess that my emailing and nagging reached the correct person, as the 1-2 month back-ordered instrument cluster arrived one week ago, which put it at exactly at 19 days to show up. Quite a bit faster than I was bracing myself for.
Took all of last week for the tech to get it put back together and tested properly, there were some hiccups with calibration and resetting (I am hoping I will be able to read all the reports), but it sounds promising. The ā€œpaint scuffsā€œ seem to have miraculously been able to be buffed out-I believe that was a diversion tactic from the major issues that were afflicting it upon arrival, although my rep says they were fixed. I will inspect the areas closely.

I am going into this with eyes wide open, much trepidation, and plan on an hour + test drive. Iā€™m armed with the pre-purchase checklist from another poster/thread that I printed probably in late March.

Anything that anyone who is reading feels that I should especially be alert for, I appreciate a heads up.

otherwiseā€”Wish me luck!
Iā€™ll report back and hopefully be able to never post again on THIS disaster PDI thread.

pdxzzr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
UPDATE!
I almost hesitate to post because I truly will not believe it until I am driving away from the dealer, but Iā€™ve been alerted that I can finalize purchase tomorrow.
I guess that my emailing and nagging reached the correct person, as the 1-2 month back-ordered instrument cluster arrived one week ago, which put it at exactly at 19 days to show up. Quite a bit faster than I was bracing myself for.
Took all of last week for the tech to get it put back together and tested properly, there were some hiccups with calibration and resetting (I am hoping I will be able to read all the reports), but it sounds promising. The ā€œpaint scuffsā€œ seem to have miraculously been able to be buffed out-I believe that was a diversion tactic from the major issues that were afflicting it upon arrival, although my rep says they were fixed. I will inspect the areas closely.

I am going into this with eyes wide open, much trepidation, and plan on an hour + test drive. Iā€™m armed with the pre-purchase checklist from another poster/thread that I printed probably in late March.

Anything that anyone who is reading feels that I should especially be alert for, I appreciate a heads up.

otherwiseā€”Wish me luck!
Iā€™ll report back and hopefully be able to never post again on THIS disaster PDI thread.
Good luck! Mine was delayed for almost two months at the dealer waiting for some part with the gear selector to arrive. Your situation seems extreme.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Fingers crossed for you!

smp

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Best of luck to you! Hopefully, this will be the end, with only MME bliss ahead!

smp

OP
OP
T_to the_A

T_to the_A

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Mustang V6 Red Candy Metallic, 2021 Mach-e Premuim AWD St Range Shadow Black
Occupation
I sell wine
Country flag
3-1/2 hours at the dealer, mostly haggling over the fact the car needed a serious detailing (HOW IN THE WORLD is this needed on a ā€˜brand newā€˜ car??) but finally Sall-E is home. I am guaranteed a ā€to my satisfactionā€œ detail in a dayā€” I want to drive for a day but the saga of my trials and tribulations appear nearly complete.

What a journey!
Iā€™ll post a few picsā€” sorry taken at dusk.

AA987FAC-8662-45D1-A5B3-8A65769D57F1.jpeg

FDEB8C91-B5CD-423D-9FDF-6C976483DD5D.jpeg

OP
OP
T_to the_A

T_to the_A

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I sell wine
Country flag
Iā€™ve been too busy enjoying the unending bliss that is MME ownership to post much lately. Plus Iā€™ve been busy driving!
Also got full front/hood + all wheel lips and door jam Xpel PPF installed.
I am thrilled with the look and drive of my Shadow Black beast. This is a fabulous vehicle. I have waited SO LONG and to have it match and exceed expectations is, well, just the best. Hereā€™s a pic at my favorite fall/winter football spot after pickup from PPF install. I will be here in person in September!
thanks to all who followed my many issues.

E0F005A7-A10C-49CD-AB15-6D42FCDE9685.jpeg