[Updated with lane change assist video] Something I didn't know about the Mustang Mach-E until I owned it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangefirefish

First Name
SY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
If it was the wrong software...who knows. I will say this feature works wonderfully for me and they should release it widely as soon as possible. Even if people are skeptical, I can understand that. I am all for someone confirming it especially in a newer model -June 2021 like mine. Again...I purely stumbled upon it accidentally myself.

I should note it's not just drift. It stays in the lane until it is clear to change lanes like the normal lane keep assist. It even follows the curves of the road. Again, I had no clue I was the first one to encounter this. Skepticism is fine. Verification from someone else would be great.

I might have signed up for early access too though, who knows.

It should be noted software updates do not always make it into the documents right away either. Documentation and web sites are not a definitive source for these electric cars with ota updates the same way as it is for other vehicles. Especially in the age of agile. I have a tech job. New features don't often make it into manuals until later. A few cars may get a new feature before others, especially on new vehicles.
Been following along and I will say, I don’t really see any reason that you would misrepresent your vehicle, certainly I don’t get that impression of you. Given how well the tech works on the vehicle… I would not be surprised if somehow Ford let one slip with new firmware. It looks like the eye monitoring on your unit is activated too during driving, and your camera can see it. Drive it like you stole it, at least a feature!
Sponsored

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
Been following along and I will say, I don’t really see any reason that you would misrepresent your vehicle, certainly I don’t get that impression of you. Given how well the tech works on the vehicle… I would not be surprised if somehow Ford let one slip with new firmware. It looks like the eye monitoring on your unit is activated too during driving, and your camera can see it. Drive it like you stole it, at least a feature!
all eye camera's are on if you use a camera to film it. They just aren't being used.

musgang

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E California Route 1
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
When I tried this yesterday, at one point I thought it changed lanes. However, with turn signals on, the cruise control was disabled and it drifted to the adjacent lane. I did this on an empty road. The steering in the video posted by the OP actually does not steer and moved exactly like how my car did, its just drifting slowly to the other lane and you can see the road is actually curved if you look ahead.

Anyway, in tesla or supercruise - the steering wheel vividly does jerk/turn during lane changes. It doesn’t just slowly cruise to the adjacent lane.

Slowly drifting and changing lanes would be a safety hazard, during auto lane changes, a car computes that there is a gap and it takes the leap pretty quickly. I don’t think Ford will reinvent an already working technology.

Anyway, Its my observation just using the video.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
When I tried this yesterday, at one point I thought it changed lanes. However, with turn signals on, the cruise control was disabled and it drifted to the adjacent lane. I did this on an empty road. The steering in the video posted by the OP actually does not steer and moved exactly like how my car did, its just drifting slowly to the other lane and you can see the road is actually curved if you look ahead.

Anyway, in tesla or supercruise - the steering wheel vividly does jerk/turn during lane changes. It doesn’t just slowly cruise to the adjacent lane.

Slowly drifting and changing lanes would be a safety hazard, during auto lane changes, a car computes that there is a gap and it takes the leap pretty quickly. I don’t think Ford will reinvent an already working technology.

Anyway, Its my observation just using the video.
This is another major reason I don’t believe the car is changing lanes on its own - the pace of the actual lane change in the video is glacial, to the point that it could be hazardous. Lane changes are decisive maneuvers, they aren’t 5-10 second affairs. Ford and all other makers program the systems accordingly, you signal and you’re in the desired lane in within a couple of seconds.

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
Updated with videos:

The fact on intelligent cruise control it can do lane changes by using the blinker. It was the one thing I though I would miss out on by not getting a Tesla with the FSD package. The one small sacrifice in an otherwise great car. However, the MME can do that! It's actually smoother than the way Tesla does it too. Tesla makes way to big a deal about driver automation features like this, but most of the useful ones are actually standard on the Premium and California Rte 1 and only cost $2k more on the GT and Select.

I should note I have found the intelligent cruise control to be far better performing than my husband's Tesla autopilot features. No phantom breaking, smoother transitions. While his car can do things without driver input, I am not crazy about that all the time because sometimes it makes poor decisions. It takes way more risks than it should.

Anybody else have something they didn't know the MME could do until you owned it? A useful feature that you love? An easter egg you found?

EDIT. Since this may be related to ones software version I am on Sync Revision 252.
I think you need to check your cars tracking.

Dangerfish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 GTPE Cyber Orange
Occupation
Nurse Anesthetist
Country flag
If it was the wrong software...who knows. I will say this feature works wonderfully for me and they should release it widely as soon as possible. Even if people are skeptical, I can understand that. I am all for someone confirming it especially in a newer model -June 2021 like mine. Again...I purely stumbled upon it accidentally myself.

I should note it's not just drift. It stays in the lane until it is clear to change lanes like the normal lane keep assist. It even follows the curves of the road. Again, I had no clue I was the first one to encounter this. Skepticism is fine. Verification from someone else would be great.

I might have signed up for early access too though, who knows.

It should be noted software updates do not always make it into the documents right away either. Documentation and web sites are not a definitive source for these electric cars with ota updates the same way as it is for other vehicles. Especially in the age of agile. I have a tech job. New features don't often make it into manuals until later. A few cars may get a new feature before others, especially on new vehicles.
How about another video? If it’s a feature, should be repeatable over and over.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
How about another video? If it’s a feature, should be repeatable over and over.
The OP has clearly stated there will be no other videos for a littany of reasons. She believes her Mach E performs auto lane changes. Didn't you see the a-hole, baboon, f-bomb, shit post on like page 3, 4, or 5? ?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The OP has clearly stated there will be no other videos for a littany of reasons. She believes her Mach E performs auto lane changes. Didn't you see the a-hole, baboon, f-bomb, shit post on like page 3, 4, or 5? ?
You mean the appropriate/understandable one?

OP
OP

praxiscat

First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Tesla Model 3
Country flag
I believe you - because if you are a troll, you are the nicest and most persistent troll ever! LOL

We picked up Mr. Ed (Premium AWD ER) on Saturday, so it is about as new a build as you can get.
I will attempt to test to see if we have this feature as soon as I can. It may take me a couple of days, but I will post my findings, including software versions.

This is my first EV, but I have driven everything with wheels since I got my learner's permit (44 years ago - DOH!), so I will know the difference between drift and actual automated intervention. And I have been programming computers for 41 years, so I am about as anal retentive and detail oriented as anyone you will meet... LOL again...

EDIT: I did not mean to imply praxiscat does not know what she is talking about, just that I am confident I will be able to tell if this is a thing on my car.
This would be appreciated!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Updated with videos:

The fact on intelligent cruise control it can do lane changes by using the blinker. It was the one thing I though I would miss out on by not getting a Tesla with the FSD package. The one small sacrifice in an otherwise great car. However, the MME can do that! It's actually smoother than the way Tesla does it too. Tesla makes way to big a deal about driver automation features like this, but most of the useful ones are actually standard on the Premium and California Rte 1 and only cost $2k more on the GT and Select.

I should note I have found the intelligent cruise control to be far better performing than my husband's Tesla autopilot features. No phantom breaking, smoother transitions. While his car can do things without driver input, I am not crazy about that all the time because sometimes it makes poor decisions. It takes way more risks than it should.

Anybody else have something they didn't know the MME could do until you owned it? A useful feature that you love? An easter egg you found?

EDIT. Since this may be related to ones software version I am on Sync Revision 252.

Hello there! MME does not currently have this capability, but we would like to look further into this for you. To get started, would you please send us a private message with more details on your experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.