[Updated with lane change assist video] Something I didn't know about the Mustang Mach-E until I owned it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

praxiscat

First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Updated with videos:

The fact on intelligent cruise control it can do lane changes by using the blinker. It was the one thing I though I would miss out on by not getting a Tesla with the FSD package. The one small sacrifice in an otherwise great car. However, the MME can do that! It's actually smoother than the way Tesla does it too. Tesla makes way to big a deal about driver automation features like this, but most of the useful ones are actually standard on the Premium and California Rte 1 and only cost $2k more on the GT and Select.

I should note I have found the intelligent cruise control to be far better performing than my husband's Tesla autopilot features. No phantom breaking, smoother transitions. While his car can do things without driver input, I am not crazy about that all the time because sometimes it makes poor decisions. It takes way more risks than it should.

Anybody else have something they didn't know the MME could do until you owned it? A useful feature that you love? An easter egg you found?

EDIT. Since this may be related to ones software version I am on Sync Revision 252.

Last edited by a moderator:

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Ok, so do you just hit the signal and wait?

Sam2084

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 CR-V, E4X Ordered
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
The fact on intelligent cruise control it can do lane changes by using the blinker. It was the one thing I though I would miss out on by not getting a Tesla with the FSD package. The one small sacrifice in an otherwise great car. However, the MME can do that! It's actually smoother than the way Tesla does it too. Tesla makes way to big a deal about driver automation features like this, but most of the useful ones are actually standard on the Premium and California Rte 1 and only cost $2k more on the GT and Select.
I should note I have found the intelligent cruise control to be far better performing than my husband's Tesla autopilot features. No phantom breaking, smoother transitions. While his car can do things without driver input, I am not crazy about that all the time because sometimes it makes poor decisions. It takes way more risks than it should.

Anybody else have something they didn't know the MME could do until you owned it? A useful feature that you love? An easter egg you found?
We’re going to need some video evidence for this one. Nobody has reported this and it isn’t advertised by Ford.

OP
OP

praxiscat

First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ok, so do you just hit the signal and wait?
Yup, that's how it works!
Make sure it is set to intelligent cruise control in the cruise control settings, have cruise control on, and have lane keep assist on as well. Turn on the signal and it will shift into the lane on its own. Turn off the signal after it has changed lanes. It's awesome. It does it on its own.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Make sure it is set to intelligent cruise control in the cruise control settings, have cruise control on, and have lane keep assist on as well. Turn on the signal and it will shift into the lane on its own. Turn off the signal after it has changed lanes. It's awesome. It does it on its own.
Just FYI. When you turn on the turn signal, It actually disables lane keeping all together and the car turns control 100% back to the driver at that point to complete a lane change.

Its been rumored that lane change assist is coming with BlueCruise, but we DO NOT have it yet. Unless you are in an early access program for that feature.

OP
OP

praxiscat

First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
We’re going to need some video evidence for this one. Nobody has reported this and it isn’t advertised by Ford.
Yeah, I noticed this as well, I will try to go out with my husband to get this filmed, if someone doesn't beat me to it. I can't be the only one who figured this out as a feature with intelligent cruise control.

musgang

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E California Route 1
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
did you sign up for ford early access or some new ota updates?

will

First Name
Not Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ridgeline RTL-T, 2022 MME Prem Ext Rwd
Country flag
Is this real?

OP
OP

praxiscat

First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just FYI. When you turn on the turn signal, It actually disables lane keeping all together and the car turns control 100% back to the driver at that point to complete a lane change.

Its been rumored that lane change assist is coming with BlueCruise, but we DO NOT have it yet. Unless you are in an early access program for that feature.
I am not in an early access program. I JUST got this car. It was built in June if that is any help. But the feature is definitely there for me. The car changed lanes for me when I used the turn signal. It was not me shifting into the lane. So I guess I have access to lane change assist ahead of schedule? I will have to say, it works beautifully. Far more smooth than a Tesla.

OP
OP

praxiscat

First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
did you sign up for ford early access or some new ota updates?
Its a brand new car I just got that was built in June. I literally just got this MME Premium ER AWD on Thursday.July 8th. I don't think I signed up for any early access program. Am I the first person with access to this feature outside of ford? If so that's awesome.

musgang

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E California Route 1
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
My car was built last week of May and I picked it up on June 30th. So a week short of you, I tried intelligent cruise and during lane changes, it temporarily disabled the cruise control and resumed back. So I am assuming, if this is true - you are a beta tester.

OP
OP

praxiscat

First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My car was built last week of May and I picked it up on June 30th. So a week short of you, I tried intelligent cruise and during lane changes, it temporarily disabled the cruise control and resumed back. So I am assuming, if this is true - you are a beta tester.
Not intentionally so. But if so this is so cool. Again it works wonderfully! Ford nailed this feature. Pleasant surprise to be honest.

Sam2084

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 CR-V, E4X Ordered
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I am not in an early access program. I JUST got this car. It was built in June if that is any help. But the feature is definitely there for me. The car changed lanes for me when I used the turn signal. It was not me shifting into the lane. So I guess I have access to lane change assist ahead of schedule? I will have to say, it works beautifully. Far more smooth than a Tesla.
You sure you didn’t just signal, the car gave up control, allowed the angle of the road to pull you into the next lane, then reengaged cruise control automatically once in the lane?

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
I'd think this was April Fool's if I wasn't sure it was July. :p
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.