[Updated with lane change assist video] Something I didn't know about the Mustang Mach-E until I owned it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Maybe it is a ouija board type of thing.
Sponsored

OP
OP

praxiscat

First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Tesla Model 3
Country flag
It may be my software version. I am on sync Revision 252. So I don't think this will be there for previous versions.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
It may be my software version. I am on sync Revision 252. So I don't think this will be there for previous versions.
The Sync version has no affect on how the rest of the car drives. Sync is just the infotainment software.

OP
OP

praxiscat

First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The Sync version has no affect on how the rest of the car drives. Sync is just the infotainment software.
Than where is the OTA update version for the software in the system? I thought it was the sync version.

OP
OP

praxiscat

First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Cruise control still works, But Lane Centering gets disabled. Lane Centering is the current tech that keeps the car in the lane and does the steering. When you turn on the turn signal, Lane Centering is disabled, but cruise continues to drive the car forward.

In this time if you are not steering, your car is 100% not being controlled by anything and you are at risk of running off the road.

This system, in its current iteration, is just a driving aid, It doesn't do anything automatically. If you turn on a turn signal, and went into another lane, it was simply because either the car was already not completely straight and continued in that direction, or the road curved slightly and you thought it was the car doing it.

*Edit* Or you're a troll. In which case this is horrible info to be posting on line as it could end up getting someone hurt.
Not a troll at all. Again my NEW vehicle is definitely doing lane change assist.
I should note both hands are on the wheel when I am doing this, but I know its doing it in an automated fashion. Because the car is going into the next lane dependent on the blinker.
I should note, the very fact the car SPED UP in order to pass another vehicle when I signaled is another reason I know its Lane Change assist, and it stayed in its lane during the entire process until it was time to change lanes.
My MME really does have this feature, and I am not trolling anybody on this matter. Now it may be because I have a more current version of the software from it being a new vehicle, or from an OTA update of some sort. But it is there for my car. Even if you don't believe me.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Not a troll at all. Again my NEW vehicle is definitely doing lane change assist.
I should note both hands are on the wheel when I am doing this, but I know its doing it in an automated fashion. Because the car is going into the next lane dependent on the blinker.
I should note, the very fact the car SPED UP in order to pass another vehicle when I signaled is another reason I know its Lane Change assist, and it stayed in its lane during the entire process until it was time to change lanes.
My MME really does have this feature, and I am not trolling anybody on this matter. Now it may be because I have a more current version of the software from it being a new vehicle, or from an OTA update of some sort. But it is there for my car. Even if you don't believe me.
Unless you can record the car doing this, All we can assume on here is that you are just confused on what this car can do in the current state.

The car will speed up if your adaptive cruise is set higher than a car in front of you was going, and that car suddenly is no longer in front of you. It doesn't speed up just to pass someone.

mdolan92869

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e (Had '83 GT, '89 GT Ragtop, '13 GT)
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
Later this evening, a knock on the door.
A group of men in sunglasses, suits and little wires leading into their ears are on the porch.

"Excuse me ma'am, we're with the Ford Recall Department and need to take possession of your new Mach-E to fix a very important flaw. Your co-operation would be greatly appreciated."

:cool:

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE, Focus Electric
Country flag
Yeah, I noticed this as well, I will try to go out with my husband to get this filmed, if someone doesn't beat me to it.
It sounds like your the only one who's seen this behavior so far, so you're setup perfectly for your 15 minutes of internet fame. :)

I for one am looking forward to seeing that video! ?

OP
OP

praxiscat

First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Unless you can record the car doing this, All we can assume on here is that you are just confused on what this car can do in the current state.

The car will speed up if your adaptive cruise is set higher than a car in front of you was going, and that car suddenly is no longer in front of you. It doesn't speed up just to pass someone.
Except my car did. Again this was on intelligent cruise control, not adaptive. There was no car in front of me when this happened. With intelligent cruise control it would be going the speed limit normally, but it spend up over the speed limit to pass another car and change lanes.

Again, I will try to record this when I get the chance. You can not believe me all you want, but I am well aware of my own experiences here with the car. It may be because it is a new vehicle though, so there is likely more up to date software version in it.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Except my car did. Again this was on intelligent cruise control, not adaptive. There was no car in front of me when this happened. With intelligent cruise control it would be going the speed limit normally, but it spend up over the speed limit to pass another car and change lanes.

Again, I will try to record this when I get the chance. You can not believe me all you want, but I am well aware of my own experiences here with the car. It may be because it is a new vehicle though, so there is likely more up to date software version in it.
Thank You for your willingness to go out and record this for all of us. Sorry we’re a lot of Doubting Thomases. Over the last year and a half many folks here have lived through countless rumors. I can’t wait to see what you’re experiencing.

theo1000

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2021 IB, Audi Etron, Chevy Volt, BMW I3,
Country flag
Yup! Give the poster a chance guys. I certainly plan to try and duplicate the results.

Technically the car can do all of this, we are just very confident Ford has not turned it on yet in our vehicles.

musgang

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E California Route 1
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
On a different note, does IACC only activate at certain speeds?
I went and tried this (spoiler: no lane change happened) but I noticed that IACC was not automatically targeting the speed limit and rather sticking to the speed at which I enabled it. Basically, saw no intelligence ?

I was driving on freeway at 45 mph and the speed limit was 65 and iacc didn’t pick up speed. I verified my settings and it did have cruise control preference to intelligent

jdunc87

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E GT PE, 20 Mustang GT 401A PP1, 21 F150
Occupation
make stuff go faster
Country flag
im intrigued to see if this is legit

will

First Name
Not Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ridgeline RTL-T, 2022 MME Prem Ext Rwd
Country flag
I was driving on freeway at 45 mph and the speed limit was 65 and iacc didn’t pick up speed. I verified my settings and it did have cruise control preference to intelligent
when I used it, I set it to be 3mph over the speed limit. enabled it at 37mph (in a 35mph zone... if your a cop you have to tell me), entered a 30mph zone / past the speed limit sign, the cruise control jumped down to 33mph on its own.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I went and tried this (spoiler: no lane change happened) but I noticed that IACC was not automatically targeting the speed limit and rather sticking to the speed at which I enabled it. Basically, saw no intelligence ?

If you have intelligent enabled in your settings, it will set to whatever speed you were going at the time, until you pass a speed limit sign, then it adjusts to whatever the speed limit it saw was.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.