ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I'm planning on making a foam lid, (then the bottom, and sides) so the whole frunk will be my cooler. Putting a rectangular cooler into a trapezoidal frunk seems silly.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I'm planning on making a foam lid, (then the bottom, and sides) so the whole frunk will be my cooler. Putting a rectangular cooler into a trapezoidal frunk seems silly.
Sure but I doubt the R-rating on the frunk is very high.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sure but I doubt the R-rating on the frunk is very high.
I had that thought too. Frankly, I'd probably transport a cooler on the inside of the (climate-controlled) vehicle anyway, if it's hot out. And use the frunk for "stuff" stuff.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Have we seen actual frunk dimensions? I'm wondering if my coolers will fit or if I'll need to shop for a new cooler, too.
If your dealer is smart, they will offer you a cooler that fits for $300 ("less than $10 per car payment!"), labeling it the Frunk Unofficial Cool-Keeping Unit. ?

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Still looks to me like the cooler in the picture is too tall--which is why the hood is open; they can't close it ;)

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
FOOTBALL SEASON IS OFFICIALLY OVER; UPGRADE NEXT SEASON’S TAILGATES WITH MUSTANG MACH-E’S FRUNK

FEB 3, 2020 | DEARBORN, MICH.

Kansas City football fans can bask in the glory of a world championship – at least for the next six months or so – but for fans across the country, it’s not too early to start thinking about next season. Specifically, the tailgating.

Here are four ways football fans can elevate their tailgates for next season with the all-electric Mustang Mach-E’s front trunk, or frunk, a 4.8-cubic-foot plastic space – the equivalent to a 36-gallon cooler – that sits underneath the hood. (In a gas-powered vehicle, where the engine is typically located.)

The trunk in the front is about the size of a large cooler, so fans can forget about lugging a heavy cooler to a tailgate. Just fill the front trunk with ice and beverages and cruise right up to your tailgate. When you’re done, open the drain cap at the bottom of the front trunk and let gravity do the rest.

Sign up to bring a gameday spread best served chilled? Top off the frunk with some shaved ice to keep veggies, dips and even shrimp cold and ready to eat.

Feed an entire team by loading the front trunk with hot wings: you can hold more than 1,000 regular sized wings with the extra storage space. And don’t worry about the sauce – you can open the drain cap and hose down the front trunk when you get home.

Play a game of long-distance cornhole or show off your passing skills by challenging friends to a “closest to the front trunk” contest.

Deliveries of the electric SUV begin late 2020. Reserve the Mustang Mach-E to secure yours for next season.

Mach-E Frunk Hot Wings.jpg

Mach-E-Frunk-Beverages.jpg
Like most here, you'll have to excuse me if I don't put 1,000 wings in the front of my $56K vehicle. Also, how sanitary can it possibly be to 'eat' anything that is unsealed and just sitting inside a rubber bin only protected by a hood. I guess you could line it with plastic or tinfoil. I'd be okay with the ice and drinks though.

Last edited:

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Like most here, you'll have to excuse me if I don't put 1,000 wings in the front of my $56K vehicle. Also, how sanitary can it possibly be to 'eat' anything that is unsealed and just sitting inside a rubber bin only protected by a hood. I guess you could line it with plastic or tinfoil. I'd be okay with the ice and drinks though.
My interpretation is the whole thing is a joke.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
If your dealer is smart, they will offer you a cooler that fits for $300 ("less than $10 per car payment!"), labeling it the Frunk Unofficial Cool-Keeping Unit. ?
I have a feeling that acronym will catch on

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Still looks to me like the cooler in the picture is too tall--which is why the hood is open; they can't close it ;)
That's what I thought originally too, but a while ago they posted a better shot of the hood underside and there's actually a cavity in the hood above the frunk

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3, Tahoe, Mustang Mach E Premium (on order)
Occupation
Communications/Marketing
Country flag
Considering they are marketing the frunk with ice and such, could it be insulated and they haven't said so yet?? That would be amazing if it were...

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Considering they are marketing the frunk with ice and such, could it be insulated and they haven't said so yet?? That would be amazing if it were...
I don't think so - they reiterated the plug in the bottom so hard if it was insulated that would have been the headline. It is more likely a case of a late night at the marketing department and people were getting giddy.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I don't think so - they reiterated the plug in the bottom so hard if it was insulated that would have been the headline. It is more likely a case of a late night at the marketing department and people were getting giddy.
And a few too many celebratory Mimosa's.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Like most here, you'll have to excuse me if I don't put 1,000 wings in the front of my $56K vehicle.
of course not! $56/wing is an insane price.

oh, wait, maybe that doesn't quite work that way. never mind.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
I'll go out on an limb an assume you won't be doing chowder either then....

Mach-E-Clam-Chowder-Frunk-so-much.png
Sponsored