Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Looks great, I like the Mustang logo!

In the Raptor world those who buy a F-150 then mod it to be like a Raptor are often labeled Fraptor.... Fake Raptor.

I guess we need to use Fake Edition for the modded First Editions??? ???

How about Mock-E?
I like it. I just really liked the look of the black and red. Not trying to front as an FE but if people mistake my Mock-E for that ??
Sponsored

Trick.Mach-E

First Name
Trick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old Raptor, Mach-E4x, New Raptor, F-250, Taycan.
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
I like it. I just really liked the look of the black and red. Not trying to front as an FE but if people mistake my Mock-E for that ??
I like the red calipers on the Mach-E. I'm not a big fan overall of painted calipers but for some reason it looks good on the our cars.

Plus knowing what I know and how much I modded my own Raptor if I had to do it all again I would start with a F-150. I removed/changed/upgraded so much I should have started with a F-150!

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Rod, There was a question in the trailer hitch thread about how to get the car onto jack stands. Could you give some pointers for those less experienced. Did you use the marked jack points, then put the stands behind (front) and in front of the jack head (rear)?

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Rod, There was a question in the trailer hitch thread about how to get the car onto jack stands. Could you give some pointers for those less experienced. Did you use the marked jack points, then put the stands behind (front) and in front of the jack head (rear)?
Exactly what I did Louie.
So the marked Jack points with the little triangles is where I set the Jack to lift. Then I set the Jack stands as close to the Jack as the stand base would allow. I put the stands on the tire side of the Jack to widen the stance for more stability. There isn’t a ton of room in that area so I did end up moving the Jack a little more toward the middle of the car to make room for the Jack stand. In the end, I’d probably say the triangle Jack point marker ended up half way between the Jack and the stand. This didn’t leave any marks on the bottom of the car.
The manual is slightly ambiguous as to how far under the car the Jack point is. Looking at it there is a little reinforcement frame rail along the edge of the belly pan that looks like it might have been the Jack point, but it’s not. Stay outside of the little rail and you’ll be on the frame member. I dented that little rail in one spot thinking maybe it was there to distribute the weight of the Jack.

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Exactly what I did Louie.
So the marked Jack points with the little triangles is where I set the Jack to lift. Then I set the Jack stands as close to the Jack as the stand base would allow. I put the stands on the tire side of the Jack to widen the stance for more stability. There isn’t a ton of room in that area so I did end up moving the Jack a little more toward the middle of the car to make room for the Jack stand. In the end, I’d probably say the triangle Jack point marker ended up half way between the Jack and the stand. This didn’t leave any marks on the bottom of the car.
The manual is slightly ambiguous as to how far under the car the Jack point is. Looking at it there is a little reinforcement frame rail along the edge of the belly pan that looks like it might have been the Jack point, but it’s not. Stay outside of the little rail and you’ll be on the frame member. I indented that little rail in one spot thinking maybe it was there to distribute the weight of the Jack.
Do you mean this little rail that the delivery folks tried to use for a tie-down? It's aluminum.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Upgraded to an FE. IMG_6617

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Do you mean this little rail that the delivery folks tried to use for a tie-down? It's aluminum.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Upgraded to an FE. IMG_6617
That’s the one. ?
NOT the Jack point.

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Not sure if this might need a separate thread. Did you remove the lower outer plastic trim strip along the undersides? I'm going to pick up a push pin puller so that might be a good place to try it out. Not sure if the strip comes off as a separate part or if it is part of the lower outer trim?

Also, in Sandy's videos, it looks like the jack pads are on the aluminum rail, but then he used four tall stands which top parts are on the "proper" outer rails.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Upgraded to an FE. Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 2.17.04 PM

In the video before last, he uses the interesting ribbed area:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Upgraded to an FE. Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 12.53.05 PM

Last edited:
OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Did you remove the lower outer plastic trim strip along the undersides?
I did not remove any parts. The plastic lower trim is what shows where the Jack points are with the little triangles. So I left it in place. If you’re going to use the aluminum rail (like sandy did) I’d recommend a block of wood or something to distribute the weight.
Sponsored