Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
Hi all,
I've got a 4x on order and have watched a number of youtube videos wherein they dislike the dampening in the rear suspension. (I have to admit I didn't notice it when I took a test drive on a twisty road around here.)

There also seems to be a consensus (of youtube reviewers at least) that the GTPE's magnaride suspension really solves this issue and handles better. The thing is the GTPE is $$$ more expensive than the Premium or any other no-GT model for that matter.

I was thinking about this this morning and wondered if there are any aftermarket suspension mods in the works that would solve this "bouncy" rear suspension without spending $12.5k more than a Premium model (the price difference between the Premium and GTPE). I've looked on this forum and didn't see any such discussion. Your thoughts?
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Hi all,
I've got a 4x on order and have watched a number of youtube videos wherein they dislike the dampening in the rear suspension. (I have to admit I didn't notice it when I took a test drive on a twisty road around here.)

There also seems to be a consensus (of youtube reviewers at least) that the GTPE's magnaride suspension really solves this issue and handles better. The thing is the GTPE is $$$ more expensive than the Premium or any other no-GT model for that matter.

I was thinking about this this morning and wondered if there are any aftermarket suspension mods in the works that would solve this "bouncy" rear suspension without spending $12.5k more than a Premium model (the price difference between the Premium and GTPE). I've looked on this forum and didn't see any such discussion. Your thoughts?
I got some weekend reading for you...

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-two-weeks-with-the-mach-e-what-do-i-do.4642/

TL;DR - Aftermarket solutions are in the works, parts companies have Mach-Es in house now to make springs, dampeners, etc. Currently there are only lowering springs out. Its only on certain roads so you might be completely fine. Lowering tire PSI helps a bit, some people swear it breaks in, my Premium never did. The GT reduces the bounciness a bit, but it is still there. It is completely gone with Magneride on the GT PE.

OP
OP
kindofblue

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-two-weeks-with-the-mach-e-what-do-i-do.4642/

TL;DR - Aftermarket solutions are in the works, parts companies have Mach-Es in house now to make springs, dampeners, etc. Currently there are only lowering springs out. Its only on certain roads so you might be completely fine. Lowering tire PSI helps a bit, some people swear it breaks in, my Premium never did. The GT reduces the bounciness a bit, but it is still there. It is completely gone with Magneride on the GT PE.
Hi Neil, Thanks for the link. That's a lot of reading alright. I've bookmarked it.

Yes I'd heard that the Magnaride on the GTPE resolves this issue but I'd rather not spend an additional $17k for it not to mention higher insurance rates.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Hi Neil, Thanks for the link. That's a lot of reading alright. I've bookmarked it.

Yes I'd heard that the Magnaride on the GTPE resolves this issue but I'd rather not spend an additional $17k for it not to mention higher insurance rates.
Most definitely. I was able to sell my Premium for enough to almost cover the full increase, with tax rebates as well, so it was worth it. Shockingly, my insurance barely went up!

OP
OP
kindofblue

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Most definitely. I was able to sell my Premium for enough to almost cover the full increase, with tax rebates as well, so it was worth it. Shockingly, my insurance barely went up!
Really on the insurance? Mine was quoted at $350 more/yr (Allstate w/clean record) compared to the Premium version.

Alan UK

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E RWD Long range
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

First I've read of suspension breaking in. I would probably put myself in that camp. When I first got my RWD Ext range Mach-E I hated the bouncy/twitchy suspension so much I was contemplating selling it straight away. I've now done 14,000 miles and I barely notice it. So either it improved or I got used to it or I sub-consciously altered my driving? It was always fine on most roads just some uneven smaller roads that gave me trouble - I don't find it harsh over pot holes at all - not compared to BMW and Audis I have owned.