Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I am posting this for the people who want to buy a Ford ESP and save some cash. I realize some people probably think they are not necessary and your right. I think its a cheap way to protect your car.

I have owned a bunch of Ford and Lincoln cars and SUVS and have always bought a ESP, but never from the place where I bought the car.

Here are a couple of things you may not know
-You can buy a ESP anytime when the factory warranty is in place
-You don't need to buy it from the dealer you bought the car from
-If you car is under warranty there is no inspection process you can buy the warranty online if you want.

for my last 4 cars I bough a warranty through Zeigler ford

I posted a hyperlink to Zeigler Ford Factory plans but it it gets remove just google it. You can also call them if you wish 866.943.7778

The process
-Go Online
-Select you vehicle
-Select the coverage you want
-Buy the plan it will be logged in Ford's system so any dealer you go to can see you have the ESP. They will also Print and send one to you.

One further tip use promo code save100 It discounts the plan by $100

I also always choose first day rental this gives you a rental car even if the repair can be completed the same day you drop off for repair.

They do also offer 0% financing for up to 12 months without a credit check.

At the time I wrote this the 8 year 150k warranty was $2520 from what I have seen that's a very good discount.

This site works for any Ford Lincoln it looks like they can issue for some other brands too.

Save $$ on Genuine Ford Protect Extended Service Plans (ESP) (zeiglerfordesp.com)

Enjoy the savings.
Sponsored

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
For really saving money, Flood Ford has the Ford ESP for 7 years 100K miles for $1770.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
PSA - Extended vehicle warranties pay out an average of 12% of what they take in. I don't like those odds.
If it buys you peace of mind, that's fine, but go in with the facts!

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
PSA - Extended vehicle warranties pay out an average of 12% of what they take in. I don't like those odds.
Just keep in mind that the Ford ESP works just like the factory bumper to bumper warranty and is provided by Ford. Most vehicle warranties you hear about are 3rd parties that will do everything in their power to not pay out anything. The Ford ESP is pretty cheap, and keep a vehicle covered for a long time. And I've never had anything turned down by Ford for warranty work.

One of the benefits that people don't realize is that it guarantees you a rental vehicle if your car is in the shop. If the dealer doesn't have a loaner, they will pay for you a rental.

My advice is to wait closer to when your B2B warranty is up and see how the vehicle is wearing. If you haven't had any issues, maybe you don't need the warranty. If you have, then maybe it will give you more peace of mind. If you wait past the initial 12 months after purchase the pricing goes up by $100. Thats the only disadvantage of waiting.

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
it would be nice if they had one tailored to an electric vehicle. the oddest thing for me was the dealer did not try to sell me any of the extended warranty/maintenance plans when i bought the car.

CivilJeep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E 4X, Jeep Wrangler 4XE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I completely agree with @tuminatr on the vendor above. I have used Zeigler on several Ford and Jeep extended service plans, and they have always been professional and offer fantastic prices. For anyone getting a quote, I would suggest using the code "payinfull" as it will drop the price another $250 if you don't finance the service plan.

I know there are a lot of opinions on ESP's, and everyone needs to make decisions in their own best interest. One feature of the Premium Care that I like is the key fob replacement. This no deductible feature will replace a lost or misplaced key fob, up to $500 per year. The MME only comes with one fob, so I it seems like it could easily be "misplaced."

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
it would be nice if they had one tailored to an electric vehicle. the oddest thing for me was the dealer did not try to sell me any of the extended warranty/maintenance plans when i bought the car.
In a way, the ESP plan for the Mach-E is tailored to the Mach-E in that the pricing is based on THAT car. The plan pretty much covers all non-maintenance items for the Mach-E other than the HVB. If you look at the list of inclusions and exclusions, you will see that ESP does cover the unique EV items (except HVB) and that the pricing is different than that for an ICE. Yes, the general wording of what is covered in the broad description of the ESP program includes a lot of ICE items but the pricing seems to have taken into account the fact that the Mach-E does not have those items. What should actually matter in evaluating a product like this and making a decision are two factors: 1) are the Mach-E items covered? and 2) what is the cost? You can make your evaluation of value pretty easily if you look at the coverage and pricing. I bought the ESP through Lombard. My dealer told me the Lombard price was significantly better than they could offer and the coverage was identical to what they could offer because it was the same Ford ESP plan.

OP
OP
tuminatr

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
For really saving money, Flood Ford has the Ford ESP for 7 years 100K miles for $1770.
Here is a good example Zeigler sells the 7 year 100k Mach e warranty for $1075 and thats before the discount code I posted

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Here is a good example Zeigler sells the 7 year 100k Mach e warranty for $1075 and thats before the discount code I posted
Is that with a $0 deductible? That price is way way lower than anywhere I've seen for a $0 ESP.

OP
OP
tuminatr

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Is that with a $0 deductible? That price is way way lower than anywhere I've seen for a $0 ESP.
No, that's with a $200 deductible. With $0 it's $1690 and then the $100 discount or someone else posted a code for a $250 discount for paid in full. You could also consider it is $1385 with a $50 deductible

OP
OP
tuminatr

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
This is completely true just like car insurance its something you buy and hope to never need to use. I just think it's cheap peace of mind for example $1565 buys you 125k warranty bumper to bumper for 8 years. If you sell the car you can transfer the warranty to the new owner. Think about it I sold my last car on the open market with 100k on it and was able to get more money for it because it had more warranty left than a new car.

Also, in some states if you cancel the warranty you get a prorated refund even if you have used it.

Marshalbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Jeep
Occupation
retired
Country flag
This is completely true just like car insurance its something you buy and hope to never need to use. I just think it's cheap peace of mind for example $1565 buys you 125k warranty bumper to bumper for 8 years. If you sell the car you can transfer the warranty to the new owner. Think about it I sold my last car on the open market with 100k on it and was able to get more money for it because it had more warranty left than a new car.

Also, in some states if you cancel the warranty you get a prorated refund even if you have used it.

where did you get it for $1565?

OP
OP
tuminatr

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I have no affiliation with Ziegler and the discount codes I posted do not pay me a commission

2nd note, the Mach E is an expensive car covered by Ford for 3 years. So if you do the math year 5-8 cost around $311 per year that's peanuts in my book
Sponsored

Last edited: