Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
He is just being a good forum member. Contributing where he can. Should he have thought asking if he had a connection to Ziegler was a personal attack? No. But give it a rest. Others, including myself for Flood Ford, have posted similar information. If one were not aware this option exists, it is great information.

OP
OP
tuminatr

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I did want to post my experience buying at the local Ford dealer. They offered me a 6 Year 120k non-ford (not a ford protect plan) warranty that cost $3800. They also told me that I needed to buy the warranty at the time of purchase and it's not available afterward. I told them that's a very bad deal and more than likely a plan for an ICE car. This is the reason for the post be informed know what your buying or choosing not to buy.

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
PSA - Extended vehicle warranties pay out an average of 12% of what they take in. I don't like those odds.
If it buys you peace of mind, that's fine, but go in with the facts!
I worked in consumer electronics many years ago and I know what they sold them to us for as an employee. At least in those days, it wasn't hard math to realize that the return on $100 of warranty couldn't have been $25 by the time all was said and done.

I have a standing offer: send me $100, I'll send you $50. It's a better deal.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Extended warranties are kind of like the pure luck games in Las Vegas - plenty of people come out ahead. But if you look at literally everyone’s experience, it is very much a profit center for those standing behind the warranties, meaning they take way more in than they pay out.

Doesn’t mean you will necessarily come out behind if you get one, but the odds are definitely against you at the starting line.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
Extended warranties are kind of like the pure luck games in Las Vegas - plenty of people come out ahead. But if you look at literally everyone’s experience, it is very much a profit center for those standing behind the warranties, meaning they take way more in than they pay out.

Doesn’t mean you will necessarily come out behind if you get one, but the odds are definitely against you at the starting line.
Agree 100% but with this car being the first how many are willing to gamble. We've see the list of issues on the early built cars, and many had modules already replaced. It would be interesting to see the numbers of how many cars have already had modules replaced.

Reactions: ARK

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Agree 100% but with this car being the first how many are willing to gamble. We've see the list of issues on the early built cars, and many had modules already replaced. It would be interesting to see the numbers of how many cars have already had modules replaced.
early replaced modules don't matter, since they are covered by the warranty. The question is what repairs are need after the first 3 years. That we cannot know. But we can assume that nearly all out of warranty repairs will expensive.

OP
OP
tuminatr

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I worked in consumer electronics many years ago and I know what they sold them to us for as an employee. At least in those days, it wasn't hard math to realize that the return on $100 of warranty couldn't have been $25 by the time all was said and done.

I have a standing offer: send me $100, I'll send you $50. It's a better deal.
The other side of the coin is true too, Everyone I know has had to do repairs to their car at some point. Warranties on this car are so cheap it does not make sense not to have one.

7 years 100k miles for $825 (after payinfull discount) is a no brainer

Mark IV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus, Escape, 289 Cobra, GT40, Caterham, Excursion
Occupation
Specialty Car Dealer
Country flag
Full disclose I worked for a Ford dealer. And I purchase Ford Protect ESP on my cars. A $1000 investment will look like a "no brainer" when the main screen pukes at 4 years and you are looking at THOUSANDS to replace it. Extended warranty is the same as insurance, if you never use it it's "wasted" money....if you have a claim it is a great safety net!

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I did want to post my experience buying at the local Ford dealer. They offered me a 6 Year 120k non-ford (not a ford protect plan) warranty that cost $3800. They also told me that I needed to buy the warranty at the time of purchase and it's not available afterward. I told them that's a very bad deal and more than likely a plan for an ICE car. This is the reason for the post be informed know what your buying or choosing not to buy.
My dealer did the exact same thing. I think they tried to sell it to me for $3600 though. It was under the Ally Bank branding I believe. Apparently they sell it for a lot of the nicer trucks they sell because it covers really well on those.

When I told them no thank you, they offered the ESP for like $1800, which was about what I wanted to pay, but didn't want to do it at time of purchase so I still passed.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I know a lot of people don't believe in extended warranties and I totally respect that.

I will just say, every vehicle I've bought an ESP for through Ford, it has paid for itself in the first vist into the shop.

Mark IV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus, Escape, 289 Cobra, GT40, Caterham, Excursion
Occupation
Specialty Car Dealer
Country flag
I would never purchase an extended warranty from anyone except the manufacturer. The reason dealers sell "off brand" warranties is that the profit is higher. My F&I guy knew that if he talked with my commercial customers about anything but genuine Ford, he would never see another customer (I am Master Certified in Ford Commercial Finance and could handle it myself) just as I told him if I ever heard the word "etch" in his office with one of my customers he would likewise never see another.
Sponsored