Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
I realize that this story is over 6 months old, but has anybody actually bought their insurance through the Ford Pass app with a usage-based pricing model as described in this link:

https://www.greencarcongress.com/2020/12/20201222-ford.html

We had to have a OBD installed logger about 2 years ago after my wife got a nasty ticket, but the second we didn't need this it got shipped back to the insurance vultures. No thanks on sharing my info with the insurance company. I don't see how this would lower my costs!
Sponsored

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Aha.....I was wondering what the deal was with "My Journeys". Why all the little tips about accelerating, braking, cornering, etc..... This is why. They want to use your driving habits to determine your insurance costs.

I'll pass, thanks

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
I appreciate the ability to review recent trips, but the feedback discouraging fast acceleration and brisk cornering has me thinking "How did they expect me to drive a Mustang?? Like my 1990 Cavalier?" And now you want me to share that data for someone else to jack up my rates?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Usage-based insurance for the MME 50cent-drive

Reactions: TRP

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
I suspect that once there are a huge number of EVs on the roads and the taxes on gasoline wane that most state governments will require usage information and charge taxes by the mile and not on the fuel.
Sponsored