Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity 2021 Ford Mustang Mach E4
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I took a test drive today and used a USB stick with music files to play with the B&O system. I didn't see the album cover art display in the main display. The song title and album info was there, but no cover art. I'm pretty sure the album art is there because it shows up in the folder with the music. Is there a setting that needs to be toggled on to display cover art? Infinite Blue expected mid March.
Sponsored

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
I took a test drive today and used a USB stick with music files to play with the B&O system. I didn't see the album cover art display in the main display. The song title and album info was there, but no cover art. I'm pretty sure the album art is there because it shows up in the folder with the music. Is there a setting that needs to be toggled on to display cover art? Infinite Blue expected mid March.
I am following this. Interested to know the solution. Love album covers on my USB. Work in my Escape about half the time...

OP
OP

swanee28

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am following this. Interested to know the solution. Love album covers on my USB. Work in my Escape about half the time...
Picked up my car today and USB cover art does work. The USB that I was using had the art as part of the folder with the music files, but I used a tag editor to add the cover art to the individual music file and then it worked. Worked for both FLAC and MP3 files.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
interesting. pretty sure MFT will do folder pictures (I know pictures show, and I'm pretty sure the files don't have them embedded, just the folders) so ... seems like a step back. don't really relish the thought of editing every file to add the images.

OP
OP

swanee28

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
interesting. pretty sure MFT will do folder pictures (I know pictures show, and I'm pretty sure the files don't have them embedded, just the folders) so ... seems like a step back. don't really relish the thought of editing every file to add the images.
Folders definitely didn't work with MME. I think MFT had the ability to go to the cloud and pull in art if it found the album. Doesn't look like MME can do that. Embedding does work, but it is a pain.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Folders definitely didn't work with MME. I think MFT had the ability to go to the cloud and pull in art if it found the album.
oh I guarantee MFT does no such thing ? there is the Gracenote database that's in there but that's an offline datastore.

OP
OP

swanee28

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
oh I guarantee MFT does no such thing ? there is the Gracenote database that's in there but that's an offline datastore.
That's what I was talking about, Gracenote.

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
J1 '21 Premium Ex RWD (Rapid Red)
Country flag
Picked up my car today and USB cover art does work. The USB that I was using had the art as part of the folder with the music files, but I used a tag editor to add the cover art to the individual music file and then it worked. Worked for both FLAC and MP3 files.
So your MP3/Flac files had the album art included as an ID3 tag? If not, how did you get it to work?

OP
OP

swanee28

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So your MP3/Flac files had the album art included as an ID3 tag? If not, how did you get it to work?
yes, took the album art from the folder and embedded it into the ID3 tag with a tag editor. Took a while to do all the albums.

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
yes, took the album art from the folder and embedded it into the ID3 tag with a tag editor. Took a while to do all the albums.
Could you elaborate on how you did the link? Are you using the GUID (Globaly Unique IDentifier)? Is there a specific property? I don't recall seeing an ID3 property.
Sponsored