Used Mach E pricing dropped (Carvana)

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
They have overpaid for inventory and can’t sell it.
They absolutely can sell used mme’s. They just can’t sell them at inflated, above market prices. Lower tte price and they’ll sell.

What the dealer was telling you was, “We don’t want to sell these cars at market value.” Pricing is a two way street, they don’t get to charge extra during times with tight supply and high demand, then turn around and do the same when demand falls and prices tank.
Sponsored

new to mach-e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-e select
Country flag
I think I got lucky:

ordered my '22 select RWD ($45K sticker) back in march '22, took delivery mid august, liked it so much that I placed an order for a '23 select AWD ($51K sticker) that same month. My plan was always to trade it in, got a build date of 12/19 for the '23.
Early november I was getting nervous about the declining used car market so decided to sell the '22 and wait for my '23 to arrive January '23. Sold in november the '22 to carvana for $49K with 4K miles, so glad I did not wait until now.. At this point, as much as I want the '23 select AWD, I don't see it as being a good value proposition so I am going to hold off for now...unless the dealer is willing to sell below sticker once my '23 arrives 🤣

Southern92

First Name
Jeffery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 BMW i3
Country flag
I sold my 2022 GTPE (Sticker MSRP $73,205) to Carvana for $71,000 back in Sep 2022. It was only 3 months old at the time & I sold more because I didn't like the way Ford was responding to the HVB issue than some foresight on used car prices. But I do remember that the dealers I spoke to at the time told me to take the Carvana offer because they were seeing / forecasting weakness in the used car market.
Who knows, if prices drop enough I might be able to re-buy a similar EV!

Socalsp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, Mach E
Country flag
I’ve been looking at trading in my MME for a Bronco (Ford Off-Roadeo event has turned me into a fanboy) and Ford dealers are telling me they are struggling to sell used MMEs. They have overpaid for inventory and can’t sell it.

I had a deal to buy a used Bronco from a private party brokered through my local Ford dealer but they balked at buying my MME at the very last minute.
try carmax. they still are giving reasonable offers for mme

Bayviews88

First Name
Kenya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Rte1 RWD, Space White
Country flag
Vroom and Driveway are falling like rocks too. Somehow, CarMax in Portland just bought my 2021 premium with 8,000 miles for $47,000. We have minimal sales and registration tax, so it was only $53,000 out the door when I bought it. I don’t know how they expect to sell it at a profit considering their overhead.
Looks like you will break even if you qualify and include the Fed tax credit. What are you driving now? Did you move to a different EV?

Cm12

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
Looks like you will break even if you qualify and include the Fed tax credit. What are you driving now? Did you move to a different EV?
My Rivian preorder (under the old pricing) is in transit, and I can’t keep both. I’m really gonna miss the Mustang. To date, it’s unquestionably the best car I’ve ever driven, despite the small - but extremely frustrating - issues that it had. I’m driving an ICE rental right now because it was a better financial choice at $200 per week for 1-3 weeks versus losing $2,000+ on resale and, wow, it SUCKS driving a regular car again.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
My Rivian preorder (under the old pricing) is in transit, and I can’t keep both. I’m really gonna miss the Mustang. To date, it’s unquestionably the best car I’ve ever driven, despite the small - but extremely frustrating - issues that it had. I’m driving an ICE rental right now because it was a better financial choice at $200 per week for 1-3 weeks versus losing $2,000+ on resale and, wow, it SUCKS driving a regular car again.
The whole EV vs. ICE comparison is only fair in the same price range. A Nissan Altima would not compare favorable to a Mach-E.

I would take BMW M3 over a Mach-E in a heartbeat. There are $60K SUVs too I would take over a Mach-E. With 2021/2022 pricing and tax credit, the Mach-E was hard to beat though.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag

kgautam28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eco boost 2016, 2021 Mach e FE, 2022 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Software
Country flag
They absolutely can sell used mme’s. They just can’t sell them at inflated, above market prices. Lower tte price and they’ll sell.

What the dealer was telling you was, “We don’t want to sell these cars at market value.” Pricing is a two way street, they don’t get to charge extra during times with tight supply and high demand, then turn around and do the same when demand falls and prices tank.
Look at this joke

https://www.landroverseattle.com/auto/preowned-2021-ford-mustangmach-e-premium-lynnwood-wa/70942922/

clhardy5

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RR Prem 4X (sold) and 2022 Space White GTPE
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
I got lucky.....Bought my 21 premium AWD/EXT in Oct 21....and I had an order for 21 (converted to 22 GTPE).....took delivery of the GTPE in April 22....and in August, decided to sell the premium (didn't need two Mach E's). I bought the premium at a MSRP of 57,800......I think about $60,000ish after fees and taxes. - and yes....I got the tax incentive - including Colorado's rebate.....basically had about $50.000 invested in the car. Anyway....sold it to Driveway in the fall of 22 for $61,800. That was a hard day. I really did love that car. Fast forward.... Driveway subsequently sold the car to a dealer in Las Vegas......It has been sitting on their lot since. (yes....I stalk it). Originally the LV dealer listed it at $61,000....and have dropped it a few times since. After yesterday's Tesla announcement.....they lowered the price to $52,000ish, Somebody is going to lose a lot of money on that car. I still love it....it was a great car....and my husband and I joked tonight about buying it back..... Anyway....just a reflection of how the market is moving.

Johnny572

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT performance
Country flag
Carvana is going bankrupt. Driveway offered me 10 thousand more for my car yesterday. 10 thousand!!!!
Sell it yourself and stop looking at Carvana they are done!

Nemy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Mach-E Premium X
Country flag
I got lucky.....Bought my 21 premium AWD/EXT in Oct 21....and I had an order for 21 (converted to 22 GTPE).....took delivery of the GTPE in April 22....and in August, decided to sell the premium (didn't need two Mach E's). I bought the premium at a MSRP of 57,800......I think about $60,000ish after fees and taxes. - and yes....I got the tax incentive - including Colorado's rebate.....basically had about $50.000 invested in the car. Anyway....sold it to Driveway in the fall of 22 for $61,800. That was a hard day. I really did love that car. Fast forward.... Driveway subsequently sold the car to a dealer in Las Vegas......It has been sitting on their lot since. (yes....I stalk it). Originally the LV dealer listed it at $61,000....and have dropped it a few times since. After yesterday's Tesla announcement.....they lowered the price to $52,000ish, Somebody is going to lose a lot of money on that car. I still love it....it was a great car....and my husband and I joked tonight about buying it back..... Anyway....just a reflection of how the market is moving.
Good points but what's with the periods?!
Sponsored