Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
Is it really "used" (as in, from a customer), or an FCTP loaner vehicle that they are now selling, as it might have reached 4K miles?

Did you see the configuration and price? Discounted, or marked up?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Is it really "used" (as in, from a customer), or an FCTP loaner vehicle that they are now selling, as it might have reached 4K miles?

Did you see the configuration and price? Discounted, or marked up?
FCTP cars are considered new cars when bought. They’re not registered with the state prior to sale with the buyer. Second, Poway Toyota. The local Ford dealer is up or down the street a ways.

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
FCTP cars are considered new cars when bought. They’re not registered with the state prior to sale with the buyer. Second, Poway Toyota. The local Ford dealer is up or down the street a ways.
I know how FCTP works, but there was little info in the post so was trying to fish for more. I glossed over the Toyota part, ha. ;)

It would be interesting to see how much Toyota thinks they can get for the car. No $7500 FTC, obviously,

uncle_0gre

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 Mach 1 428 CJ
Country flag
Back in 2007 I bought a used 2007 FJ Cruiser. I had spent months trying to find one in a dealership and they just wouldn't budge on the price and the markup. A little bit later, I found a guy who was selling his 2007 FJ he had bought brand new hadn't even owned it 12 months but had to sell it cause it didn't meet the GVW needed for the tax credit for his business. So he bought a tundra, and his wife wouldn't let him keep both. Motivated seller, motivated buyer perfect match. Buying a use car private party in Nevada also skipped on sales tax too.

Anyway that's a long story only tangentially related. I wonder what the motivation was for the original owner to trade it in vs trying to sell on their own. i figure with as many people trying to buy a mach e right now, buying a used one private party would be a net gain for both parties. Seller gets a bit more out of it, buyer gets it for a bit less and the middle man is bypassed.

anyway that's the end of me thinking out loud

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I know how FCTP works, but there was little info in the post so was trying to fish for more. I glossed over the Toyota part, ha. ;)

It would be interesting to see how much Toyota thinks they can get for the car. No $7500 FTC, obviously,
I had to stare at the post for a while to figure the big T part out. As for FCTP, that was for informational purposes, many don't understand they are sold as new cars and have the warranty adjusted as well.

No $7500 tax credit means you need to really really want this car.
Sponsored