Using an Air Blower on a Dry Mach-E to Remove Dust

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I park my Mach- E outdoors and have noticed that the glass roof is a big time dust and pollen magnet, especially now during the springtime. I’d like to clean this off without washing the car and was thinking of using an air blower designed for drying to just blow it off.

Thing is, my Mach- E would be dry when I did this. Would this be a bad idea? I would plan to aim it on the black trim and opaque portions of the rear glass and panoramic roof. Anyone ever do this?

Here is what I mean, notice how much dirtier the black portions are compared to the red paint:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Using an Air Blower on a Dry Mach-E to Remove Dust FC9E8DF0-2491-4715-9AA1-E08CAD12D79A

Ford Mustang Mach-E Using an Air Blower on a Dry Mach-E to Remove Dust 8F7DD899-B6A9-4122-B00C-12DF9F7ED0B7

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I found sealing the glass roof was the best detailing I have done so far. I used Groit's Garage glass clay and sealant but there are many types. Never great to rub dust or sand paper on a vehicle. Maybe a detailing spray and a micro cloth will work quickly and may be quieter

Edit: The mach-e car cover has worked well outside also. Has a charging port flap and keeps pollen off.

Last edited:
Reactions: ARK