Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
For those of you with your cars, are these the correct steps to enable and then use the Lane-centering while driving?
  1. First you have to enable adaptive cruise control and automatic lane centering in the settings
  2. get up to speed on a road with clear lane markings, centering the car in your lane
  3. turn on the cruise control and set your speed
  4. turn on the lane centering by pressing the lane keep assist button

It also looks like the manual has a misprint in it for the logo on the LKA "on" button. The manual shows this:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Using automatic Lane Centering Screen Shot 2021-02-09 at 1.14.25 PM

But I think it is supposed to be the lane centering button on the lower right side of the cruise control buttons:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Using automatic Lane Centering Screen Shot 2021-02-09 at 1.14.10 PM

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
For those of you with your cars, are these the correct steps to enable and then use the Lane-centering while driving?
  1. First you have to enable adaptive cruise control and automatic lane centering in the settings
  2. get up to speed on a road with clear lane markings, centering the car in your lane

It also looks like the manual has a misprint in it for the logo on the LKA "on" button. The manual shows this:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Using automatic Lane Centering Screen Shot 2021-02-09 at 1.14.10 PM

But I think it is supposed to be the lane centering button on the lower right side of the cruise control buttons:
did you get your car?

lotharik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, duh?
Country flag
Lane Keep Assist just turns on for me. My steps are:
1) Get on a road that can use it
2) Wait for the green bars on both sides of the car
3) Set the cruise control and wait for the green bars to turn into a blue bubble

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
3) Set the cruise control and wait for the green bars to turn into a blue bubble
probably just remembers last time you used cruise control, whether you had it on or off

OP
OP
timbop

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Hmm - interesting. Is there a step 4 "press the LKA button after getting the blue bubble"?

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Does lane keep assist/centering need cruise control? i.e no Cruise control but car should till detect if you are in lane or out and controls....(assuming it can detect lanes on that road)

OP
OP
timbop

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Does lane keep assist/centering need cruise control? i.e no Cruise control but car should till detect if you are in lane or out and controls....
The manual says you do, and it kind of makes sense because you are expecting the car to be driving itself:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Using automatic Lane Centering Screen Shot 2021-02-09 at 3.21.08 PM

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
The manual says you do, and it kind of makes sense because you are expecting the car to be driving itself:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Using automatic Lane Centering Screen Shot 2021-02-09 at 3.21.08 PM
Ok got it. my current vehicles try to center even if not using Cruise Control., so was wondering. But I get it that if its trying to drive itself you need ACC on.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Does lane keep assist/centering need cruise control? i.e no Cruise control but car should till detect if you are in lane or out and controls....(assuming it can detect lanes on that road)
Lane centering yes need cruise. Lane keeping does not require cruise.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Lane centering yes need cruise. Lane keeping does not require cruise.
But Lane Keeping also brings up the car icon and shifts your speedometer to the right, correct? I leave Lane Keep Assist on in my other cars all the time. But I'm not sure I'm going to want to do that in the MME if it means my speedometer can never be in the center.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Are my steps correct?
First you have to enable adaptive cruise control and automatic lane centering in the settings. I thought the adaptive cruise was on by default. I remember turning on the Intelligent cruise.

I don't have the lane keeping on all the time because it shifts the speedo over and I don't like staring at the lane keeping icon.

There are 2 ways to use the cruise. With or Without the lane centering.

1. If you want the lane centering then you have to hit the cruise button and also hit the lane keeping (if it's not on already). If the lane keeping is already on then you just have to hit the cruise button and then set your speed.

2. If you hit the cruise button but do not turn on (or have on) the lane keeping then it will only do the standard/adaptive/intelligent cruise (depending on which cruise you have set up in the settings) and I have to do all the steering. If I'm in this mode then I hit the lane keeping button then it enables the lane centering.

From your list: Yes, but you can do #4 first or last, either way.

Last edited:

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
But Lane Keeping also brings up the car icon and shifts your speedometer to the right, correct? I leave Lane Keep Assist on in my other cars all the time. But I'm not sure I'm going to want to do that in the MME if it means my speedometer can never be in the center.
Correct. That's why I leave it off unless I'm using the cruise.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Correct. That's why I leave it off unless I'm using the cruise.
I really hope that behavior is changed. A light on the button or a small icon on the screen is fine, but taking over the entire center of the screen for a function that a lot of people will want on all the time is an odd decision.
Sponsored