Vehicle Health Reports -- how could they be improved to provide value to you?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Have you ever requested and received a vehicle health report email from your Mach-E? Here's one I received last October:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Vehicle Health Reports -- how could they be improved to provide value to you? vehicle health report email

The email didn't report anything I didn't already know, and the links to "View Full Report" do not work... They just take me to this page: https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/ford-services/vehicle-health-alerts/

Are any of you able to see a full report? If so, can you share the link and a screenshot of what it contains?

How should @Ford Motor Company improve the VHR? Here are some things I'd love to see:
  • Current and recent diagnostic trouble codes... Yesterday I saw the message "Reverse brake assist not available" on my dashboard. I'd like to know why that happened and see what else was happening during that incident.
  • Information on battery health. What percentage of the original "full" battery capacity is still usable?
  • The date and mileage of my last cabin air filter replacement. I'd like to be able to enter the date I changed the filter and the web site should fill in the mileage for me.
  • The full list of vehicle modules and the software/firmware/calibration levels loaded into each of them, along with the revision history and pending updates available. I seem to need to enter my door pin code 70%+ of the time now, to get the door to open while using my phone as a key even though the white ring on the door is lit up. Is there a fix? Do I need to go to a dealer for it? The VHR should let me know.
What would you like to see in your vehicle's health report?
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I see a page like this and then can download a 9 page pdf.

Screenshot_20220319-171546_Chrome.jpg

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Hmm... I guess I'll need to give the feature another try... No PDF was available from the October report.
Oh. I didn't realize you said October. The report is only available for a period of time. Something like 30 days. There isn't much (or any) useful info.

Screenshot_20220319-175406_Print Spooler.jpg

Screenshot_20220319-175413_Print Spooler.jpg

Screenshot_20220319-175419_Print Spooler.jpg

Screenshot_20220319-175430_Print Spooler.jpg

OP
OP
macchiaz-o

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Hmm.

I'm sitting in the car, but can't find any option for requesting or scheduling vehicle health reports.

Can't find it. Ok Ford doesn't help. Owners manual doesn't mention it. The FordPass mobile app accessed through the SYNC display mentions health alerts, but it fails to retrieve them.

Finally I checked the FordPass app on my phone and saw the scheduling function in there. Jeesh.

Good thing they aren't useful, yet!

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I've never liked them, they give a false sense of security. For example, you could have completely worn-out brakes but the report would still show a green OK check as long as you don't have low brake fluid. It can not check the thickness of the pads or replace a mechanical inspection. It will only say something is wrong after the brake or ABS light has come on the dash, which you probably know about already. Same thing with fluids and filters, it doesn't know the actual condition of them.

The only useful part is showing the current recalls and field service actions IMO.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Seems like 9 pages of non-useful info to me.

Had this on multiple Ford's and it was always useless.