John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost, 2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So it has now been 17 weeks since our order was placed, and still no production date. We had a 2021 ordered which we declined because delivery was too late in the year, and we decided we would rather have a 2022. Anyway, the dealer we ordered the 2021 through, a dealer placed order, would send me screen shots of the Vehicle Visibility Report (VVR) when I bugged him about order status.
The VVR showed, among other things, a partial VIN of our ordered car. Each time I got an update the VIN became more complete.
Never heard this discussed or mentioned here, and wondering why. Is this VVR some kind of deep dark dealership-only secret? Why doesn't everybody ask to see it at the dealer?
Sponsored

OWG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium Extended Range AWD
Country flag
So it has now been 17 weeks since our order was placed, and still no production date. We had a 2021 ordered which we declined because delivery was too late in the year, and we decided we would rather have a 2022. Anyway, the dealer we ordered the 2021 through, a dealer placed order, would send me screen shots of the Vehicle Visibility Report (VVR) when I bugged him about order status.
The VVR showed, among other things, a partial VIN of our ordered car. Each time I got an update the VIN became more complete.
Never heard this discussed or mentioned here, and wondering why. Is this VVR some kind of deep dark dealership-only secret? Why doesn't everybody ask to see it at the dealer?
No, not a deep dark secret, but it is not customer facing and in some dealerships, it seems to be the sole province of the inventory manager.

Lots of discussion here:

... at least 25 pages searching on VVR.

neutrino

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE & Rivian R1T
Country flag
I used “vehicle visibility report” in my request to dealership staff as I tracked my GTPE, and the guy claimed there was no such report that provided more info. Dealerships are the worst.

I’m feeling very lucky that my MachE came in during the arrival estimate, after only a month of production delays.

OP
OP
Cobra427

Cobra427

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost, 2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I used “vehicle visibility report” in my request to dealership staff as I tracked my GTPE, and the guy claimed there was no such report that provided more info. Dealerships are the worst.

I’m feeling very lucky that my MachE came in during the arrival estimate, after only a month of production delays.
Exactly my point. Most of the posts that mention VVR indicate how stingy the dealers are with this info. I would like to see the whole report to see what it contains. Looks like it has everything we ask about on here, scheduling, production, delays, holds, shipping, forecasts.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Hey @OWG,
How is your electric car getting 1.5MPG??? Maybe I'd understand if it was somehow MPGe but you are inputting gallons of fuel in your Fuelly. And it isn't even close to an accurate MPGe number

Ford Mustang Mach-E Vehicle Visibility report SmartSelect_20220131-083544_Chrome

OWG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium Extended Range AWD
Country flag
Hey @OWG,
How is your electric car getting 1.5MPG??? Maybe I'd understand if it was somehow MPGe but you are inputting gallons of fuel in your Fuelly. And it isn't even close to an accurate MPGe number

SmartSelect_20220131-083544_Chrome.jpg
Not trying to calculate MPGe. The value shown is my MPkWh. Fuelly does not relabel gas for electricity. But the basic math is the same:

Miles driven
----------- = Miles per Unit of fuel
Units of fuel

I am using kWh in place of Gallons. I will clarify my Sig.

Edited - thanks AmbiguousPresentation

Last edited:

AmbiguousPresentation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Fusion SEL, 2005 Suburban, 2021 MME GT-PE
Country flag
Not trying to calculate MPGe. The value shown is my MPkWh. Fuelly does not relabel gas for electricity. But the basic math is the same:

Units of fuel
----------- = Miles per Unit of fuel
Miles driven

I am using kWh in place of Gallons. I will clarify my Sig.
Not to be all pedantic and stuff, but units of fuel divided by miles driven is units of fuel per mile. You’ll want to flip that fraction. ?