jeremykraft

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME - Premium AWD Extended Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
Looking to do a bit of venting and hopefully, get some advice. TL;DR - it's taking forever to get my Mach-E repaired after a serious accident and communication has been less than stellar.

Timeline:
  • July 29th - was t-boned by an uninsured driver who ran a stop sign. He admitted fault right away. Car was towed to a tow yard. Filed a claim with my insurance that night.
  • August 3rd - car finally gets towed to a collusion center in Bellevue.
  • August 6th - estimate comes in from insurance company - $15K in repairs
  • Week of August 9th (can't remember the exact date) - car gets towed to Ford dealer so they can diagnose the suspension and the electrical system. Apparently, they need to disconnect the main battery pack prior to repairs.

Today, it's August 24th and I haven't heard any updates re: a timeline for repairs and it's been VERY challenging to get anyone to even return my calls. All the while, I'm burning through the rental car stipend I have with a very disappointing (coming from a Mach-E) Chevy Malibu. I knew repairs would take awhile but had no idea it would be THIS cumbersome.

I've tried lighting up the voicemails and emails of all involved (insurance, collusion center, Ford dealer) but I'm not getting anywhere. Blergh.
Sponsored

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
I was in a pretty serious accident in the Malibu I owned before my MME. Just over $14k in damage. Took over 30 days to get fixed, and this was back in 2017/18 with no pandemic/supply chain/logistics issues. You may need to adjust your expectations about when you will get your car back.

OP
OP
jeremykraft

jeremykraft

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was in a pretty serious accident in the Malibu I owned before my MME. Just over $14k in damage. Took over 30 days to get fixed, and this was back in 2017/18 with no pandemic/supply chain/logistics issues. You may need to adjust your expectations about when you will get your car back.
Yeah, I'm working on that. Mostly, I'm frustrated by the lack of communication in the process. It's very opaque right now.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Yeah, my Fusion got rear-ended a couple of years back and it also took over a month to fix.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Looking to do a bit of venting and hopefully, get some advice. TL;DR - it's taking forever to get my Mach-E repaired after a serious accident and communication has been less than stellar.

Timeline:
  • July 29th - was t-boned by an uninsured driver who ran a stop sign. He admitted fault right away. Car was towed to a tow yard. Filed a claim with my insurance that night.
  • August 3rd - car finally gets towed to a collusion center in Bellevue.
  • August 6th - estimate comes in from insurance company - $15K in repairs
  • Week of August 9th (can't remember the exact date) - car gets towed to Ford dealer so they can diagnose the suspension and the electrical system. Apparently, they need to disconnect the main battery pack prior to repairs.

Today, it's August 24th and I haven't heard any updates re: a timeline for repairs and it's been VERY challenging to get anyone to even return my calls. All the while, I'm burning through the rental car stipend I have with a very disappointing (coming from a Mach-E) Chevy Malibu. I knew repairs would take awhile but had no idea it would be THIS cumbersome.

I've tried lighting up the voicemails and emails of all involved (insurance, collusion center, Ford dealer) but I'm not getting anywhere. Blergh.
Have you called the service manager? If that doesn’t work, drive over, ask for an update, and tell them you won’t leave until you get a timeline.

jjhenry

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT, '69 Chevy C20, '99 Rodeo, '09 Vespa
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Having read some of the other accident and repair threads here, it seems like it can take a while for parts to arrive. I think I read somewhere that there aren't very many Mach-E parts in stock anywhere and they get sent up from the factory.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Get a lawyer, best advice I could possibly give anyone in an accident.

Although might be a little late for your case and a little harder considering the person was uninsured. Regardless though, if you had uninsured motorist insurance it will hopefully help. You have to keep in mind, Insurance companies do NOT have your back or your best interest in mind. They are there to try and get out of the claim for the cheapest cost possible and will screw you over any chance they have.

Its really sad given we spend an INCREDIBLE amount money during our life times for insurance and a lot of people never even use it. I went 26yrs without an accident, then got rear-ended on the freeway and they attempted to screw me over. Needless to say, I came out with a rental car for the entire repair time (paid by the law firm), all my doctor bills paid for, and $18,000 in cash (although the total settlement was like 50k lol)

IMO getting a lawyer is even more critical when driving the EV's just because of how darn expensive they are to repair and the time around repairs.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
The HV battery disconnect is under the frunk liner, and it takes all of about 1 minute to disconnect. You could do this yourself with these instructions. This will stop all high voltage from leaving the battery so the systems can be repaired safely.

https://www.fleet.ford.com/content/...showroom/resources/2021_Mach-E_RescueCard.pdf

OP
OP
jeremykraft

jeremykraft

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Finally got an update from the dealer. Turns out, they can't figure out how to get it onto the rack to inspect. Something wrong with the wheels and their system. So it's been sitting there for three weeks just on their lot while they figure it out.

?‍♂?‍♂?‍♂

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
OP - you have no limitation on rental car costs, because the other driver's insurance company needs to pay for it. Tell your insurance company to get that done ASAP.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
OP - you have no limitation on rental car costs, because the other driver's insurance company needs to pay for it. Tell your insurance company to get that done ASAP.
You may have missed the "uninsured motorist" part of their story unfortunately.

OP - Very sorry to hear about this. Hopefully you can get some answers.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You may have missed the "uninsured motorist" part of their story unfortunately.

OP - Very sorry to hear about this. Hopefully you can get some answers.
That I did. I'd make sure that the insurance company sues his butt off.

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
That I did. I'd make sure that the insurance company sues his butt off.
If he's uninsured there likely isn't much butt to sue off. ??

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
If it makes you feel better, I’m currently at 10 weeks waiting for a windshield.
Sponsored