2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Sorry, but I think white is for old people. I want nice bright colors

... give us those nice bright colors
... give us the greens of summers
Makes you think all the world's a sunny day

Age discrimination!! GoGo ticket please ;)

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
Haha, well, no shame for anyone's personal preferences, if you like one of the existing colors then that is great. I think some of us are just lamenting a somewhat limited spectrum. My first car was a Baja-modified VW Beetle w/ White, Yellow, Orange and Red racing stripes, so I'm always looking for interesting options.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Definitely my biggest complaint as well -- the color choices suck. But in SUVs, apparently greyscales are the most popular.

I think those of us on this Forum are in the minority compared to the average popuplation.

I went with black ultimately since I didn't have a FE (grabber blue), and black, in my opinion, is the next best eye-catching standout.
Also, it COULD be wrapped if I ever wanted without much grief.

Blinkin

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16 FoST
Country flag
I suspect the color choices will improve as time goes by. I remember the S550 Mustang starting out life in 2015 with a pretty bland palette, but they've added colors over time. I just say it's part of the Mach E's mustang heritage.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
i don't think it's the manufacturers. Car buyers want bland colors. Consider that many First Edition buyers still picked boring monochromatic colors. If I could have got Premium in Blue of some sort, no way I would even consider FE.
What??? FE options were Rapid Red, Grabber Blue and Carbonized Gray. only one Gray and two real colors (including the best IMHO).

It's easy to say car buyers want bland colors but remember that only about 15% of cars are special orders. That means 85% are whatever the manufacturers and dealers put on lots. If they put boring colors on lots, boring colors will be purchased!

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Sorry, but I think white is for old people. I want nice bright colors
True. But it should tell you something that my top pick is the Grabber Blue and my next closest alternative is the Star White. Not great choices LOL.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
The GT and FE have slightly better choices, but Premium and Select choices are terrible.

I only order cars in colors. IMO, there is only 1 color available and it is Rapid Red. Unfortunately, I couldn't convince my wife to get red, so I begrudgingly compromised and got Infinite Blue, which IMO is barely a color. I can't believe there are 5 greyscales available and 1.5 colors. Where is the regular blue? Where is green? Compare it to the regular Mustang, which has 4 greyscales and 6 colors!

Look, I know that most people now order grey SUVs. I'm not blind. But I think the Mach-E is a special car, and it should be available in special colors. Look at the ordering thread in this forum. Half the orders are in a color (if you count infinite blue as a color). So ~28% of the colors account for ~50% of the orders. Does Ford even know what its own customers want? If this is really a "Mustang" it should be available in Mustang colors, not generic SUV colors.

IMO, we should have choices along the lines of: Red, Copper, Light Blue, Navy Blue, Dark Green, Grey, White and Black.

I also hate the practice of holding back desirable colors for future model years. I know it is a marketing tactic, but I can still hate it.

Ok, rant over. I feel better now.
I could not agree with you more.

Ford chose the most boring colors for this car that is being marketed as a MUSTANG.

I think I've seen that Infinite Blue "color" on a few CR-Vs...looks so farty great.

We need more colors that pop like the Grabber Blue, THAT is a color that people notice. I saw a Grabber Blue MME on the road the other day and my neck nearly snapped as it drove by because of how bright it was...it was the only reason I even noticed the car going by at 60mph.

Even the damn Bronco has more "sports car" colors than the MME! We've been given the AARP special colors.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Did you just put in your order? If so, if Ford turns your order into model year 2022, because I think model year 2021 is spoken for, you might have some hope that they add some new colors and you can change your order before the vehicle is scheduled for production.
Any support for this? I haven’t ordered yet and was waiting a bit for exactly this reason: If I really can’t get a car until late summer or fall anyway, I’d love to time my entry to be near the front of the line for 2022. I wouldn’t mind waiting a bit longer for the newer model.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Ford chose the most boring colors for this car that is being marketed as a MUSTANG.
To be fair most Mustangs I see are Gray, probably followed by black and red. I think I see more whites than any remaining color after that.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
The GT and FE have slightly better choices, but Premium and Select choices are terrible.

I only order cars in colors. IMO, there is only 1 color available and it is Rapid Red. Unfortunately, I couldn't convince my wife to get red, so I begrudgingly compromised and got Infinite Blue, which IMO is barely a color. I can't believe there are 5 greyscales available and 1.5 colors. Where is the regular blue? Where is green? Compare it to the regular Mustang, which has 4 greyscales and 6 colors!

Look, I know that most people now order grey SUVs. I'm not blind. But I think the Mach-E is a special car, and it should be available in special colors. Look at the ordering thread in this forum. Half the orders are in a color (if you count infinite blue as a color). So ~28% of the colors account for ~50% of the orders. Does Ford even know what its own customers want? If this is really a "Mustang" it should be available in Mustang colors, not generic SUV colors.

IMO, we should have choices along the lines of: Red, Copper, Light Blue, Navy Blue, Dark Green, Grey, White and Black.

I also hate the practice of holding back desirable colors for future model years. I know it is a marketing tactic, but I can still hate it.

Ok, rant over. I feel better now.
You might actually really love IB. It's got an almost "mystichrome" aspect to it, depending on the light.

Infinite Blue:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Very disappointed in the color choices Screenshot_20201216-210941

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
To be fair most Mustangs I see are Gray, probably followed by black and red. I think I see more whites than any remaining color after that.
The ones I actually "notice" are the fun ones...the green, the blues, the oranges. Sure we see other colors, but come on ;)

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
What??? FE options were Rapid Red, Grabber Blue and Carbonized Gray. only one Gray and two real colors (including the best IMHO).

It's easy to say car buyers want bland colors but remember that only about 15% of cars are special orders. That means 85% are whatever the manufacturers and dealers put on lots. If they put boring colors on lots, boring colors will be purchased!
Ok, I probably misremembered, but GT can be reserved in 5 boring colors. And here is the relevant story:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/sebast...mustang-mach-e-first-edition/?sh=51d47a676a36
Ford says 38 percent of all people pre-ordering a First Edition Mach-E are choosing Carbonized Grey, followed by Grabber Blue Metallic with 35 percent and Rapid Red filling out the rest of the First Edition orders at 27 percent
Folks picking grey FE didn't pick them off the lot. They made a conscious choice.

Dealers aren't that stupid. Thy know that boring colors will move faster.
Sponsored