Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I’m not an audiophile. I wear hearing aids and generally listen to audiobooks. But I noticed the other day that all the sound was coming from the front of my car. Not the center where I prefer.
I can listen normally with all the sound up front but if I want to center the sound I have to move the balance/fade all the way to the back and then turn the volume up by about 6 levels. This is not at all what my premium was like. I’ve done a sync reset with no luck. It’s not like the speakers don’t work, because sound does come out it’s just too quiet to be effective unless I all but turn off the front speakers.
Any ideas from our experts? I found the SSM for no sound but that isn’t my issue.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I’m about ready to bite the bullet and order the stuff to do my own FDRSing in order to get the wife blue cruising (when available to us plebes) and get my GT the better charging curve. Maybe there is something in a module update to help my sound as well.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I’m not an audiophile. I wear hearing aids and generally listen to audiobooks. But I noticed the other day that all the sound was coming from the front of my car. Not the center where I prefer.
I can listen normally with all the sound up front but if I want to center the sound I have to move the balance/fade all the way to the back and then turn the volume up by about 6 levels. This is not at all what my premium was like. I’ve done a sync reset with no luck. It’s not like the speakers don’t work, because sound does come out it’s just too quiet to be effective unless I all but turn off the front speakers.
Any ideas from our experts? I found the SSM for no sound but that isn’t my issue.
Hi there! Can you send us a PM with your VIN and Ford dealership information? I’d be happy to look into this Mach-E concern on my end.

walla2

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Prem ER AWD, 2017 Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Clergy
Country flag
Complete stab in the dark, but what sound mode are you in?

Personally, I’ve noticed that when it’s in “Surround” vs “Stereo” it is noticeably quieter; every so often I decide “hell, I’ll try surround again,” and then, having experienced it again, have to change the setting back to stereo.

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Complete stab in the dark, but what sound mode are you in?

Personally, I’ve noticed that when it’s in “Surround” vs “Stereo” it is noticeably quieter; every so often I decide “hell, I’ll try surround again,” and then, having experienced it again, have to change the setting back to stereo.
I have surround on. It’s what I used in my premium. Let me try without surround.
Nope… even on stereo with the sound all the way back, there’s almost nothing. Good suggestion though.

walla2

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Prem ER AWD, 2017 Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Clergy
Country flag
I have surround on. It’s what I used in my premium. Let me truly without surround.
Nope… even on stereo with the sound all the way back, there’s almost nothing.
Complete stab in dark results in internet stranger punching air… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag

Spooky

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Same issue on our Premium we just picked up a week ago. Surround made it sound a bit better but it is like there are no speakers in back….though they are as if you fade to the back and turn the volume up a lot it sorta works.

Let me know if you ever come up with a solution.

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Same issue on our Premium we just picked up a week ago. Surround made it sound a bit better but it is like there are no speakers in back….though they are as if you fade to the back and turn the volume up a lot it sorta works.

Will do. I’m going to try pulling the 12V battery cable to reset the system. If that doesn’t get me anywhere, I’m stopping by the dealer tomorrow.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Will do. I’m going to try pulling the 12V battery cable to reset the system. If that doesn’t get me anywhere, I’m stopping by the dealer tomorrow.
Let us know how it goes. I’ve had some concerns about my sound system.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag

If that results in the sound you desire, isn’t that the solution?

Spooky

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I mentioned it “sorta works” implying that while fading to the back improves being able to hear the rear speakers, it isn’t quite what I desire. Along with losing significant volume adjustment range, getting the rear fade set precisely is near impossible as it is very touchy or you lose sound from the rear speakers agin. This amount of effort shouldn’t be required to try to get a sound that pretty much any other car I’ve been in has from the start…detecting sound from speakers around you.

This isn’t a case of a preference of hearing more sound from the back, it is a case of seemingly the only sound coming from the front sound bar making the premium radio sound 1 dimensional and the pseudo hack of fading almost all the way to the back and turning the volume way up to make it sound sorta better….it shouldn’t be this way.

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I mentioned it “sorta works” implying that while fading to the back improves being able to hear the rear speakers, it isn’t quite what I desire. Along with losing significant volume adjustment range, getting the rear fade set precisely is near impossible as it is very touchy or you lose sound from the rear speakers agin. This amount of effort shouldn’t be required to try to get a sound that pretty much any other car I’ve been in has from the start…detecting sound from speakers around you.

This isn’t a case of a preference of hearing more sound from the back, it is a case of seemingly the only sound coming from the front sound bar making the premium radio sound 1 dimensional and the pseudo hack of fading almost all the way to the back and turning the volume way up to make it sound sorta better….it shouldn’t be this way.
Agreed. And it isn’t REMOTELY what I had to do with my premium before I “upgraded.”

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Agreed. And it isn’t REMOTELY what I had to do with my premium before I “upgraded.”
I think the car is listening to you. You’ve been bad mouthing it since you got it and now it’s trying to passive aggressively annoy you.

Extra gray bars and quieter speakers is where it starts. Better start complimenting it or else you brakes may not work soon!

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I think the car is listening to you. You’ve been bad mouthing it since you got it and now it’s trying to passive aggressively annoy you.

Extra gray bars and quieter speakers is where it starts. Better start complimenting it or else you brakes may not work soon!
I ate a little crow after a drive where I preconditioned. Once I start babying it with the polisher and pick some stripes we’ll be on better terms.
Sponsored