Very poor audio quality for podcasts and audiobooks. What’s the issue?

drivenfilms

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
Videography / Photographer
Country flag
A few weeks ago I noticed that the speakers in my MME have started to sound very low quality.

It’s hard to describe but any sort of podcast or news or audiobook sounds as if the vocals are distorted.

this happens whether it’s a podcast via CarPlay or even via talk radio via SiriusXM. Has anyone experienced this? When I’m listening to music I do notice that there is some sort of peeking or distortion in the top end.

It even does it with Sync navigation voice notifications.

I notice it even more when I receive a text notification.

this wasn’t always the case and just started a few weeks ago.
Sponsored

Last edited:

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Your vehicle might require a DSP firmware update... It's one of the few modules that cannot accept over-the-air updates. You will need to bring it to a dealer.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...acm-or-dsp-dtc-u1084-u0237-and-or-u0238.5466/

Others on the forum have reported success in restoring high quality audio by disconnecting the 12V battery or the main fuse connectors for a minute or so... But I think I'd want to bring it in for this update, personally.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
The only peculiar thing with your symptoms, though, is that they are just affecting vocals -- mid-to-high frequency ranges, I assume... Have you checked your audio settings for bass and treble?

Anyway, if it's not that, see my post about about the DSP update.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
I had that issue. It was for everything audio including podcasts, music and phone calls. I took it in for the PAAK update which must have included the DSP update because the stereo is just fine since.
Sponsored