Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
TLDR Summary: Had a very positive dealer experience at Gengras Ford in Plainville. Despite some turnover in the sales team over the 8+ months since I ordered, the sale went very smoothly. I recommend them for anyone in the area looking to order a Mach E or other Ford for that matter.

Super Long Details: I reserved the car in November 2019 through a different local dealership. Despite my best efforts (email, voicemails, messages left with admins, etc.), I never received a response to a number of basic questions. Just awful customer service.

In late June 2020, I was able to move the reservation to another dealership. I cold emailed/called five local places and told them I wanted no ADM, X-plan and a refundable order deposit. The sales manager at Gengras called me back early the next morning. He had just ordered his Mach E and was as excited as I was to get one and pointed out that X-plan was even more beneficial than I thought due to the $100 document fee limit.

Over the next few months, a couple other sales folks contacted me (the sales manager eventually moved to a different job) and continued the relationship. I usually initiated the conversations, as the dealers did not really have any more information than we did. As the delivery date got close, I poked at the Ford Options plan and the sales manager sent me the Ford Options handbook so I could do my own research. I really appreciated that transparency.

They called me the day the car arrived (before either tracker showed it delivered) and let me come the next day to test drive it. That was good as I had a good chance to inspect it a few days before the sale, allowing me to find a dent on the rear passenger door. I also sat with the finance guy and had a good discussion with him. He showed me they had already worked out the kinks by doing one Ford Options contract (for the original sales manager) and had no issue with the X-plan, 2.25% APR and $2500 incentive. I set up the final meeting and take home for a few days later.

To make sure things went smoothly, I sent the finance manager my plan and expectations relative to the Ford Options plan, downpayment, etc. I also made it clear I didn't want any add-ons. He not only quickly answered my questions, he sent me the calculated monthly payment, which was within a couple dollars of what I had calculated.

When I went in to buy the car today, I was in his office for maybe 30 mins total. The numbers were all as we discussed, even slightly better due to a minor typo. And he respected my wishes about extra add-ons, though I had to sign some acknowledgments that I was turning them down.

Then a final inspection, including the attempt to repair the dent. The sales manager offered to help me pair the phone and set up the car, but figured I was likely more knowledgeable than him and more comfortable doing it on my own. I really appreciated him giving me the option, and I gladly took up the offer to head out and let me try it myself. I was out in just under 1 hour total from the time I got there. So high praise for the Gengras team. Today was very low stress and quick, giving me more time to enjoy the car (and fight with FordPass).

To show that I am impartial, the areas for improvement:
1. The attempt to pull the dent out made it better, but not good enough. So I have to return for a more invasive fix. They put that in writing for me, so no risk of it not being honored. This is not Gengras' fault at all (it was dented during transit before it got to the dealership), but still kinda sucks to buy a new $60K car with a dent.
2. While everything worked out as I was hoping in the end, there was a pretty clear hesitation on the Sales team's part to put much in writing. They would give me all the information I wanted verbally, but no emails. I would email asking questions, they would call giving me the answers I wanted, but only verbally. Had I pushed, I think they would have put it in writing. The finance manager was much better in this regard. They ultimately lived up to everything they told me verbally, but it was a tad uncomfortable to feel like I was relying on pure trust.
Sponsored

WWJPD

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
This is good to hear as they are the dealer for my MME GTPE. So far they’ve been pretty good.