Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium 4X, 2017 Fusion Energi PHEV
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My '21 Premium AWD Extended Range came with Continental tires that looked pretty tired at 20k miles. Further, I never felt much cornering confidence with the amount of sway they exhibited as the Gs increased. My dealer suggested a BF Goodrich that rated a 60k mile life; not a guarantee but provided for a rebate to the next purchase should it not reach that milestone.

Even better, these new shoes provided much better handing characteristics in cornering and overall ride. I dumped all of my collected FordPass points into the purchase as well, just before they were replenished in the Tesla Network Compatibility initiative as a Ford community "thank for your patience". I never expected to replace the tires so soon, but I'm glad I did following the pain of the initial purchase. I expect to be driving the MME past the 80k mark so we'll see how well Goodrich handle the test.
Sponsored

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
Are you still on your OEM tires? Wow if true. Mine are holding up pretty well at 23k
Wow, I had to change the tires out at 20K miles on my AWD Premium. Well, maybe did not absolutely have to, but the OEM tires were crap. It made all the difference.

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium extended range
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
Okay, 2021 Premium extended range received in July of 21, currently just 19k miles. Paid about $47 after fed rebate and currently a trade will get me about $25k. That's pathetic
PAAK for the most part was a total flop, I like having two FOB's and not worry about phone.
I don't like the ride of the Mach E over any rough road, suspension is Way to tight, I hear they fixed this on later version.
The center Dial on screen worked the volume for the first 9 months, pathetic they released it like this in first place. I like how dial works now.
I paid an extra 600 for Blues Cruise for 3 years in January and now ford gives all new owners 3 years off the bat, what the hell?

I like Blues Cruise, if I only have a 60 mile stretch of interstate that I use it on.

I will Never take an extended trip in this car, 305 range is really like 240 if you drive 75 to 80mph.

It's a decent around town car....I Don't like recalls, nor do I like taking cars to dealership to have stuff fixed, currently in the HVCB hell...take your car for service soon BS!!!

I drove the lightning recently but I don't want to take a 50 percent hit on trade in, pathetic at best.

JCB

MMENACE

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach E California Route 1 EAWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Edmunds buys for $61K and sells two years later for $28K. OUCH!!! Not surprising ,but still -- OUCH!!!

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium extended range
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
BTW,

Car 12volt battery dead the other day after sitting on charger for 3 days at Pensacola airport. Car fully charged and the 12 volt dead...I was a bit furious, I am not use to incompetence on keeping a 12 volt battery charged by the car. Now in the HVCB hell or whatever it is called. Ford should be ashamed of this fopa and to not be able to look on big screen and see the health of 12 volt in complete incompetence....

I have owned lots of hybrids and 7 years later the 12 volt is still doing great, oh wait it's a Toyota!

doogie63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
What I like about my Mach-E '22 select

1. The quickest. Instant power.
2. How cheap to drive. Charge at home .09
3. Blue cruise
4. SUV type car. Some say not a real mustang.
- that maybe true but I like room and 4 doors
5. Updates

What I don't like
1. Depreciation value
2. Door handle - just plane dumb
3. Wind noise from side mirrors.
4. Price to renew blue cruise, which I will not.
5. How you get to 12v battery also just plane
- dumb design

Off topic maybe, but when we first tried Blue cruise everyone loved it. But then Ford talked about new version update for Blue cruise and everyone acted like blue cruise sucked unless they got the update. Blue cruise 1.1 is still good. If I remember right it won top spot for best self driving. Beat out Tesla.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
you can just open the door to turn on auxiliary power. Aux power remains on for a little bit and then remains on longer as long as someone is seated in the car. Car fully engages when you put your foot on the brake (prior to shifting into gear). Once you’re in park and get out the car will turn to auxiliary power and then turn off shortly afterward.

that’s how it works in the Rivian at a high level and it’s pretty great. Basically just uses pretty simple logic of what you would want and when. No need for a start button
See, I hate the idea of that. I want the car to turn on and off when I want it to. Different strokes for different folks, of course.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
3. Wind noise from side mirrors.
Try inserting a window screen spline ($.024/ft) in the space between the mirror frame and the door. On our 22 the L mirror's gap is noticeable. Not so much on the right side. You can insert it with your fingertip.

doogie63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Try inserting a window screen spline ($.024/ft) in the space between the mirror frame and the door. On our 22 the L mirror's gap is noticeable. Not so much on the right side. You can insert it with your fingertip.
I have done that and it helps a lot. But I shouldn't have to fix a car I paid that much for. They have been make cars for how long? Never had this problem before with any car. This should be a given on how to seal a car door and mirror.

leehinde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag

superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
refining the customer experience
How long have you worked in marketing?
catering to boomers that can’t comprehend they’re still not burning gas by leaving their car “on”.
When the car is on it is using electricity. I'm not sure how much more simply I can put it. We may disagree on whether or not that amount matters, but it's still happening. And seriously, 'boomers'?

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
I have done that and it helps a lot. But I shouldn't have to fix a car I paid that much for. They have been make cars for how long? Never had this problem before with any car. This should be a given on how to seal a car door and mirror.
You should see the panel gaps on Teslas.

RedDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E AWD Premium Ext Bat - Rapid Red
Country flag
I love my mach e. I would love it if the screen were horizontal instead of vertical but that's just preference
Sponsored