First Name
Susan
Reaction score
First Name
Susan
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E ordered, Volvo S80
Country flag
Interesting that it says it’s a Mach-E 4X so it’s AWD with extended range battery and it gets 230 miles between chargers on the long distance trip. So 230 highway speed miles vs estimates of 270 miles of range?
Wish Todd mentioned how many actual miles of range he did get/average. Hopefully someone on the web series this week will have some personal experience that they can share.

LYTMCQ

First Name
Lyt
Reaction score
First Name
Lyt
Vehicles
Telsa Model 3 LR AWD
Country flag
Am I reading this right, he says he's getting 230 mi of freeway range on 30 minutes of charging?
Don't think so.

All he said was that charging could be hours or minutes depending on slow or fast charger.

My average with Tesla SCs is 56 kWh in 30 minutes, that's 230 miles at 4.12 miles per kWh.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Reaction score
First Name
Sasha
Vehicles
Porsche Macan S, waiting MME AWD SR
Country flag
It looks like the film is speeded up when he comes out of the corner.... Lol

zhackwyatt

Reaction score
Vehicles
'13 C-Max
Country flag
2021 mach E4X on the Motorsports Park Hastings, Nebraska racetrack during the Mustang Roundup X on October 2, 2020. You can see the mach E at corner 11 and then 12 entering and completing corner 13 and accelerating down the front straightaway. SOUND OPTIONAL!
Off-topic

Hastings? Never thought I'd see that here. I've spent a lot of time in that little town. Nice place. Awesome museum.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape
Country flag
Are those red brake calipers? I thought only FEs had red calipers?

Thopter

Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Focus RS
Country flag
John LaRandeau also has a video of a very loud GT500 on that same track. Comparing the pace, they seem pretty close.

Not really. GT350 carries way more speed into the corner and really leans on his outside tires at the exit. MME has yet to reach apex. Though, as noted, MME acceleration down the straight comes on fast.

Which begs a question. Is slow in/fast out the only way to carry pace in a MME, or will it (Finnish) flick?

Advertisement