First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Only just getting round to watching but first thing I noticed that no one commented on was the "exportable power" at the 7:20 mark. Do we think Ford want to eventually enable the MME to provide power to a home??
Maybe? But I doubt it will happen this model year.

CharIN (who maintains the CCS standards), published a timeline of when they anticipate V2G in CCS.

https://www.charinev.org/news/news-...charin-ev-grid-integration-roadmap-published/

If I'm reading their chart correctly, it starts now... But in reality, we don't see it anywhere with CCS, and it will take several years to trickle the latest standards into mass production vehicles.

Also the power suppliers will probably need to be on board with the approach used, too, since there will need to be relays and controls to keep linemen safe.
Sponsored

Attachments

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Only just getting round to watching but first thing I noticed that no one commented on was the "exportable power" at the 7:20 mark. Do we think Ford want to eventually enable the MME to provide power to a home??
I would think it would be similar to what they are doing with the new F150 Hybrid. It is mostly for work applications, but has the ability to power outside lights and small equipment. While the MME isn’t purchased for that sort of thing, I think it would be handy to be able to power small things during a camping trip, sporting event, or Outside party or something.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I would think it would be similar to what they are doing with the new F150 Hybrid. It is mostly for work applications, but has the ability to power outside lights and small equipment. While the MME isn’t purchased for that sort of thing, I think it would be handy to be able to power small things during a camping trip, sporting event, or Outside party or something.
warming tray in the bottom of the frunk to keep the wings hot ...

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Seriously, I'm throwing some ice and refreshments in the frunk on day one.

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
warming tray in the bottom of the frunk to keep the wings hot ...
I can’t imagine throwing food Directly in the frunk....but it would be cool if someone made some gimmicky aftermarket accessories like that
Sponsored